Range Rover vs Bikers

Okay, I'm confused.....I thought this incident was escalated hit and run accident (broken leg, luckily no fatalities) into a road rage. Keep in mind, sport bike riders, apparently young, of course punks but no packing with firearms......much different than Harley Davidson chopper gangs.

Myself judgement:

SUV driver - at least a ticket and/or fine

a few bikers - some jail time. Less than 30 days

That is why I flunked the bar exam :hmmph

Okay, I'm confused.....I thought this incident was escalated hit and run accident (broken leg, luckily no fatalities) into a road rage. Keep in mind, sport bike riders, apparently young, of course punks but no packing with firearms......much different than Harley Davidson chopper gangs.

Really dunno about that. Guy got brake checked. Don't know what happened before for them to target this guy but one biker got in front of the SUV, looks back, and slams his brakes. He gets tapped, he doesn't even get shaken. The SUV stops, he's totally surrounded, and it's unclear what exactly is going on but at this point he's clearly unnerved and makes a break for it.

I can't blame him because I would have probably done the same thing. Being stopped and surrounded like that, wife and kid in the car, that's not a good situation. Especially if they were starting to do stuff to the car.

Can't believe they couldn't get the police on this faster. Maybe they didn't think to call or couldn't.

UPDATE THREE: The New York Post now reports that the driver was 33-year-old Alexian Lien, who did call 911 on the riders at 1:30 yesterday.

UPDATE FOUR: Instagram user redyredbx posted these two images onto Instagram of the final scene of the incident. You can see police with the smashed Range Rover (bottom) and you can see Lien, bloody, on the ground (right) http://instagram.com/p/e4mQnnw4Nz

http://jalopnik.com/...ns-o-1427168165

It sounds like both the guys on the motorcycles and the driver of the SUV were probably idiots. There's always more to the story and the video only shows so much. That's why I don't even think about retaliating if I get cut off in traffic and it happens a lot where I live. (Chicago). My whole goal is to get home safe even if I get cut off a few times. Rush hour traffic on the Kennedy, you get used to it.

Myself judgement:

SUV driver - at least a ticket and/or fine

a few bikers - some jail time. Less than 30 days

That is why I flunked the bar exam :hmmph

What in the world do you see that the SUV driver did wrong other than try to protect himself and his family?

I don't think the driver retaliated at all. He was just running, scared for his family.

My point was that when stuff like this happens it doesn't just end with someone cutting someone off a lot of times. There's the whole 'I'll show him' reaction of the other driver. Again I'm sure that video isn't showing everything. Who's to say really.

Crotch rockets are probably the gayest bikes on the planet......too bad not other bikers in this video were also hit

So since I ride a Ninja 250R to save on gas mileage to my other job I get lumped into that category?

I'd say no. Except when you're wearing your assless chaps. Then, yes.

Reading comments from tons of other bikers who watched the videos or were at/near the scene, and the typical reaction is these bikers are "squids" (which means something in rider parlance, I'm sure) and that the SUV guy (team RR, as they're calling it) was mostly justified in his actions.

I can tell you that if I think my family's lives are in danger for something you are doing, your life is immediately forfeit in my eyes, and I'll roll with the consequences later. Bottom line, without hesitation or worry I'll take the life of someone threatening my family. I completely relate to what RR guy is doing in this video.

• Fire 2

I don't think the driver retaliated at all. He was just running, scared for his family.

Also I'm not referring to the RR guy running over the guy on the bike. I'm talking about before and what led up to this. If you've ever seen two drivers going at it on the road then you know what I'm talking about. Things can escalate or the stupid comes out in other words.

Also I'm not referring to the RR guy running over the guy on the bike. I'm talking about before and what led up to this. If you've ever seen two drivers going at it on the road then you know what I'm talking about. Things can escalate or the stupid comes out in other words.

OK...now....everything we know about this situation along with videos that have been posted here about this motorcycle group including one on how they were driving like a pack of idiots right before this incident with absolutely no regard for anyone else's safety or any traffic laws.....which side do you really think caused this to happen?

OK...now....everything we know about this situation along with videos that have been posted here about this motorcycle group including one on how they were driving like a pack of idiots right before this incident with absolutely no regard for anyone else's safety or any traffic laws.....which side do you really think caused this to happen?

I get that but without being there I'm not going to assume anything. You'd be surprised at what people do on the road so who's to say really. I've seen all kinds of crazy things while driving here so I wouldn't put anything past anyone.