Range Rover vs Bikers

I dunno. Was the Ranger Rover guy ever in serious danger? Sure, there were a bunch of a-hole bikers swarming around. But this thing was happening in broad daylight on a busy highway. Worst case scenario is his car gets vandalized, or maybe he gets roughed up a bit. It's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife. Then again, I can see how someone would panic with all those guys swarming around, and think the worst.

I just think it's a tragedy that the one biker got paralyzed. But I guess he put himself in that situation. It's just a sh**ty deal all the way around.

So, let me get this straight. If I am purposely stopped on the highway by a mob of people who are acting threatening, I am supposed to wait until they start beating the crap out of me, raping my wife or harming my young child before I'm supposed to try to get out of the situation?

Isn't that just the opposite of what I said? I said it's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife.

These guys thought they were king Shi* and owned and controlled the road and they thought they could do what ever they wanted. Well....when you have that attitude, sorry, you are going to suffer any consequences from your actions because you are flat out wrong.

Any consequences? So if someone is a belligerent, a-hole aggressive driver I can just blow him away? Wow, I see people like that on the road every day. I guess I should pack my 45 1911 in the glove box. With extra clips in case it's a busy day.

I don't give a flying rip about the idiot that is paralyzed. In fact, maybe now he won't go out and act like that again.

The guy is paralyzed. Possibly for the rest of his life. He'll never play ball with his kids. No more pheasant hunting or even walking out to the mailbox. Hell, the guy can't even screw his wife. Were his actions so terrible that he deserves this punishment? I guess that's where you and I differ. I think it's an unfortunate tragedy. You don't give a flying rip.

• Fire 1

Any consequences? So if someone is a belligerent, a-hole aggressive driver I can just blow him away? Wow, I see people like that on the road every day. I guess I should pack my 45 1911 in the glove box. With extra clips in case it's a busy day.

NU, I'm guessing you live in NE, or in the vicinity. The a'hole quotient here is WAYYYY higher than back in your neck of the woods. The idiots arend here are so quick to want to start something, it's not even funny, so to see these f'tard wannabe thug bikers trying to act all "hard", is completely stupid, and indicative of the behavior commonly displayed in this part of the world...

The guy is paralyzed. Possibly for the rest of his life. He'll never play ball with his kids. No more pheasant hunting or even walking out to the mailbox. Hell, the guy can't even screw his wife. Were his actions so terrible that he deserves this punishment? I guess that's where you and I differ. I think it's an unfortunate tragedy. You don't give a flying rip.

The guy should have been acting like a grown ass 32 year old man, not some moron 19 year old. First of all, why aren't you with your family, instead of harrasing some guy and his family on the west side highway? Second, what kind of idiot stands in front of a car, in a high tension situation, where the driver feels threatened, and could possibly run you over?

That is a special kind of stupid, and as a wiseman once said, stupidity hurts...

NU, I'm guessing you live in NE, or in the vicinity. The a'hole quotient here is WAYYYY higher than back in your neck of the woods. The idiots arend here are so quick to want to start something, it's not even funny, so to see these f'tard wannabe thug bikers trying to act all "hard", is completely stupid, and indicative of the behavior commonly displayed in this part of the world...

I spent several years living and driving in Washington D.C. (I live in small town Illinois now.) I've had swarms of bikers like that pass me on numerous occasions. And yes, they are annoying jackasses.

The guy should have been acting like a grown ass 32 year old man, not some moron 19 year old. First of all, why aren't you with your family, instead of harrasing some guy and his family on the west side highway? Second, what kind of idiot stands in front of a car, in a high tension situation, where the driver feels threatened, and could possibly run you over?

That is a special kind of stupid, and as a wiseman once said, stupidity hurts...

Yeah, I agree. They guy was an idiot. And an a-hole to boot. But it's a tragedy that he is paralyzed now. Nobody deserves that for a minor traffic altercation.

I spent several years living and driving in Washington D.C. (I live in small town Illinois now.) I've had swarms of bikers like that pass me on numerous occasions. And yes, they are annoying jackasses.

Yeah, I agree. They guy was an idiot. And an a-hole to boot. But it's a tragedy that he is paralyzed now. Nobody deserves that for a minor traffic altercation.

I'm sorry but being stopped in the middle of the highway and surrounded by 50 bikers is no "minor traffic altercation"

I dunno. Was the Ranger Rover guy ever in serious danger? Sure, there were a bunch of a-hole bikers swarming around. But this thing was happening in broad daylight on a busy highway. Worst case scenario is his car gets vandalized, or maybe he gets roughed up a bit. It's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife. Then again, I can see how someone would panic with all those guys swarming around, and think the worst.

I just think it's a tragedy that the one biker got paralyzed. But I guess he put himself in that situation. It's just a sh**ty deal all the way around.

So, let me get this straight. If I am purposely stopped on the highway by a mob of people who are acting threatening, I am supposed to wait until they start beating the crap out of me, raping my wife or harming my young child before I'm supposed to try to get out of the situation?

Isn't that just the opposite of what I said? I said it's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife.No, it's not. You are claiming the SUV driver was wrong because "it's not like they were going to kill him or rape his wife". I'm saying, if I have my family in this situation, I am going to do what ever it takes to get out of it. If you are the one threatening me and you are standing in my way.....sorry......sucks to be you.

These guys thought they were king Shi* and owned and controlled the road and they thought they could do what ever they wanted. Well....when you have that attitude, sorry, you are going to suffer any consequences from your actions because you are flat out wrong.

Any consequences? So if someone is a belligerent, a-hole aggressive driver I can just blow him away? Wow, I see people like that on the road every day. I guess I should pack my 45 1911 in the glove box. With extra clips in case it's a busy day. Where did I say that? Let's be honest here. We are talking about someone who is in danger doing what needs to be done to get him and his family OUT of that danger. In that case...like I said...if its me...sucks to be you.

I don't give a flying rip about the idiot that is paralyzed. In fact, maybe now he won't go out and act like that again.

How can I make it any clearer..I DON"T GIVE A FLYING RIP. He is the one that put himself in that situation. He is the one that was part of a group that was threatening another guy and his family all (as it appears from all the combined videos) in the name of having fun by acting like a total azz.

What I HOPE is that his buddies look at him and realize THEY really screwed up and never do it again.

Isn't that just the opposite of what I said? I said it's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife.

I'm down with the whole devil's advocate exploration you're doing NUance, especially since we don't have any evidence that Paralyzed Guy was acting the hooligan. Barring that, it does appear that he was a bit of a victim. But I'll qualify that with the statement that he was acting in a pack mentality with other bikers. He was riding with these guys, and that was his choice. The moment where he became paralyzed was not the first instant of hooliganism by this group of bikers. At any time he could have decided that riding around NYC like a goon wasn't for him and left. But he chose to stay.

Does that justify his paralysis? Of course not. But we're not talking about justifying someone's actions, or the consequences of those actions, we're talking about a maelstrom of bad decisions that he became caught up in. Once he chose to stay with that pack that forced SUV Guy to stop, he put himself in harm's way. Not SUV Guy, he did. That was his choice to stay.

So, to SUV Guy's actions, and the exchange I quoted here. BRB avers that if he's stopped in a similar fashion to how SUV Guy was stopped, he's not going to wait for The Bad Thing to happen, he's going to get out of there just like SUV Guy. Your counter to that is, "...it's not like the bikers were going to..." do bad things (we'll leave the examples out of this).

SUV Guy has no reason to suspect that The Bad Thing won't happen in that instance. In fact, there's plenty of evidence to suggest The Bad Thing was going to happen:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

All from this year, the oldest was in June.

Surrounded, with wife and small child in the car, and pack mentality on full display around him, SUV Guy had every reason to suspect The Bad Thing was about to happen, right then and there.

That's why I don't get the statement that SUV Guy and family weren't in imminent danger. How could you know? And in that situation, wouldn't you?

• Fire 2

This is all one of the main reasons why I love living where I do. I used to live in Des Moines and have to deal with traffic that isn't anywhere close to the problems in other cities and hated it.

Now...the worst I have on the way to work is that a mile away from my house is an area that is full of wild turkeys and I have to sometimes wait for them to cross the road before I can proceed.

I flip them off every once in a while just to stay in practice.

• 2 weeks later...