SIGNED JUCO DE Joe Keels

Ed Helms

The tandem of joe keels and randy gregory? Look out, our run defense just got a tremendous face lift.

You think they end up on the field here at the same time?

Absolutely. All those times when we get up early and the other team is forced to pass and here comes the pressure!

OK, Maybe not exactly that. But I definitely think they'll both be out there.

• Fire 1
The tandem of joe keels and randy gregory? Look out, our run defense just got a tremendous face lift.

Why do you think they wont this year?

No I don't think they won't. I was asking quite literally. I have no idea. Just looking for some input. I thought the Avery Moss loss was actually quite substantial so I've seen that opposite DE spot from Gregory as a real question mark. Good to hear the confidence people have in this guy. The hype surrounding Gregory was a bit over the top.......I thought. Boy, I was absolutely f'ing wrong. People were right to hype him. If Keels is for real, then wow. Our defensive line could just be phenomenal, no joke.

Absolutely. All those times when we get up early and the other team is forced to pass and here comes the pressure!

OK, Maybe not exactly that. But I definitely think they'll both be out there.

Dang Mavric this is exactly the type of scenario I love. The best part is I think we could have the offense to do it next year. Get up early and then BOOM pin the ears back and let the guys get after em'. Can't wait.

No I don't think they won't. I was asking quite literally. I have no idea. Just looking for some input. I thought the Avery Moss loss was actually quite substantial so I've seen that opposite DE spot from Gregory as a real question mark. Good to hear the confidence people have in this guy. The hype surrounding Gregory was a bit over the top.......I thought. Boy, I was absolutely f'ing wrong. People were right to hype him. If Keels is for real, then wow. Our defensive line could just be phenomenal, no joke.

Oh gotcha, my bad. I don't think Keels is on the level that RG44 was coming out of JUCO. But Keels will play this year and be top 3 rotation.

• Fire 1

No I don't think they won't.  I was asking quite literally.  I have no idea.  Just looking for some input.  I thought the Avery Moss loss was actually quite substantial so I've seen that opposite DE spot from Gregory as a real question mark.  Good to hear the confidence people have in this guy.  The hype surrounding Gregory was a bit over the top.......I thought.  Boy, I was absolutely f'ing wrong.  People were right to hype him.  If Keels is for real, then wow.  Our defensive line could just be phenomenal, no joke.

JUCO recruits need to be able to be immediate impact players. Keels will provide the two-depth at that position (Gregory and Natter on one side and McMullen and Keels on the other).

Sorry to go OT here, but I'm gonna.

Am I the only one who's excited to see what McMullen can bring to the table at DE this year?

He was the Peyton Newell of his class a few years ago, snubbed OSU when they came sniffing around late, and had loads of potential.

I believe I saw the read on him is he is pretty outstanding as a run stuffer but needs some work as a pass rusher... is that correct?

• Fire 1

Am I the only one who's excited to see what McMullen can bring to the table at DE this year?

He was the Peyton Newell of his class a few years ago, snubbed OSU when they came sniffing around late, and had loads of potential.

I believe I saw the read on him is he is pretty outstanding as a run stuffer but needs some work as a pass rusher... is that correct?

That's what I heard as well, but someone in the know could probably elaborate more. If it's true though, I'm excited about what this line can do if you allow McMullen to stuff the run on the strong side and let Gregory go on the weak side.

I am very excited for McMullen. He is a different type of DE then RG44 and Moss, not as flashing but not as risky is run game. I don't expect any drop off in the level he will play next year compared to Ankrah this year....and it will probably be an upgrade.

I am very excited for McMullen. He is a different type of DE then RG44 and Moss, not as flashing but not as risky is run game. I don't expect any drop off in the level he will play next year compared to Ankrah this year....and it will probably be an upgrade.

And as for coming out of HS, he had pretty varying ratings...was Rivals250 and #11 DE on Rivals then #40 DE on Scout. He did have offers from OSU, NotreDame, MichSt, Mich.