Do we still like the Big 10?

Do we still like the Big 10?

Hell yes! Did anyone watch the ISU-Texas game last night? The officials put it to ISU. It is still the Big 12 Texas conference. ISU ripped the ball from the Texas running back and could have gone the distance for a score. The play was called back and reviewed. Everyone in the entire nation could see that it was clearly a fumble before the whistle and the refs still gave it back to Texas. Yup, business as usual in the Big 12 Texas Conference. Glad we are out of there.

I do feel bad that you guys entered the league at its lowest point in a long, long time. The trifecta of the Rich Rod fiasco, Tatgate fiasco, and Sandusky fiasco took the wind out of the league's top three programs simultaneously.

Now if B10 states would start 1) keeping its best FB recruits at a better rate, 2) keep its best BB recruits at a MUCH better rate, 3) do more to promote spring football in HS, 4) open the pocket books for top coaches... I think the B10 is set to be, at the least, the 2cd best football conference and 1st/2cd best basketball conference. Who knows if it will happen though. Seems like tons of Illinois and Ohio kids are heading to the SEC and elsewhere outside the B10 this year in football. Meanwhile, 5 of the top 11 2014 basketball recruits are from B10 territory and it's likely that none will sign with a B10 team. That hurts.

I do feel bad that you guys entered the league at its lowest point in a long, long time. The trifecta of the Rich Rod fiasco, Tatgate fiasco, and Sandusky fiasco took the wind out of the league's top three programs simultaneously.

Now if B10 states would start 1) keeping its best FB recruits at a better rate, 2) keep its best BB recruits at a MUCH better rate, 3) do more to promote spring football in HS, 4) open the pocket books for top coaches... I think the B10 is set to be, at the least, the 2cd best football conference and 1st/2cd best basketball conference. Who knows if it will happen though. Seems like tons of Illinois and Ohio kids are heading to the SEC and elsewhere outside the B10 this year in football. Meanwhile, 5 of the top 11 2014 basketball recruits are from B10 territory and it's likely that none will sign with a B10 team. That hurts.

If Tatgate hurt tOSU you really think Urban Meyer would be there and miles ahead of every other B1G program, so they don't get to play in the title game a couple years but they haven't skipped a beat and will remain an annual top 5 team. I'm pretty sure tOSU fans/administration are licking their chops at where they stand in the future big picture

Whatever. All im saying is the whole slow crap with strength doesnt work anymore. We need speed. Just a little tipsy dont get all worked up. The point is if ur going to beef up players and lose the speed, the football team isnt going to go far. The Big Ten as a whole does not have the speed to compete with other conferences.

None of this is a problem for Nebraska. There's plenty of speed and strength on this team. You need to concentrate on the real issue w/ Nebraska - and that's "effort". For whatever reason it is lacking. It wasn't lacking on the Wyoming team we played, it wasn't lacking w/ UCLA or SDState. We look slow because we show no effort. We look weak because we show no effort. There are brief bursts of effort where you see they possess the tools needed to play with anyone, then there are long lulls where it's hard to distinguish the team from a mid-major. And it's not an opinion, it's backed up by the scoreboard time after time.

• Fire 3

Seems like tons of Illinois and Ohio kids are heading to the SEC and elsewhere outside the B10 this year in football.

Outside of kids heading to Notre Dame, and a few to Kentucky and Tennessee, most of the top talent in Ohio will stay in the B1G. Ohio State and Michigan will have most of the talent along with Michigan State.

Honestly, I think it might be conditioning that's the real issue. Our guys had no issues in the first half of UCLA...awesome intensity, great effort. Playing the best football we've seen this year. Then suddenly, they get pushed around the entire second half. It wasn't because they suddenly lost speed or strength...it might be because they lack conditioning and were just gassed.

In my opinion, it's not being a well conditioned team that is causing issues late in our games...and this is why we can't put the game away in the second half.

I certainly think it's an issue, but I refuse to believe that South Dakota State or Wyoming was better conditioned than Nebraska. Bo needs to start subsituting 'effort' for his overused excuse of 'execution' because I think he is confusing the two. Lack of the first is the cause for a lack of the second.

• Fire 3

Seems like tons of Illinois and Ohio kids are heading to the SEC and elsewhere outside the B10 this year in football.

Outside of kids heading to Notre Dame, and a few to Kentucky and Tennessee, most of the top talent in Ohio will stay in the B1G. Ohio State and Michigan will have most of the talent along with Michigan State.

Kentucky is plucking tons of guys this year because of the snake Marrow and Stoops' connections. Probably not the norm, but 7 out of their 24 (fairly highly rated) recruits are from OH. Otherwise you're right, a few from IL will end up at Missouri or Vandy, 1 or two of the top guys might make a break for Florida or Alabama. But the B1G locks down their territory pretty well.

IF we start playing to the level we are capable of then this confernce will prove to be way better than the BIG XII ever was. IF we start playing to our level constant trips to the Rose Bowl will be unmatched. I also believe the Sugar would love to have us if we are a top10 BCS team in an odd year that we don't win the title but make it to the game.

I certainly think it's an issue, but I refuse to believe that South Dakota State or Wyoming was better conditioned than Nebraska. Bo needs to start subsituting 'effort' for his overused excuse of 'execution' because I think he is confusing the two. Lack of the first is the cause for a lack of the second.

If it's a 1st half-2nd half thing, does that lend to the fact it may be adjustments?

If it's a 1st half-2nd half thing, does that lend to the fact it may be adjustments?

If I didn't see a linebacker jogging to get in on a tackle maybe. Or constantly hear the team discuss how they let up. We get gashed from the get-go defensively so I don't think it's an adjustment thing. Offensively, maybe. I've seen defenses adjust to our offense almost every week for the better part of the last 2 years. We've had some nice comebacks scattered around in there, but games like UCLA and Georgia make your head spin offensively. For them, I'd say it's more a lack of focus than a lack of effort (with some facepalm play calling thrown in). Defensively is primarily where the effort lacks.

The big ten is known as the black and blue conference. SEC is known for speed. Not physicallity.

NOT TRUE

You havent been watching Bama, Georgia or LSU play much

It might not be actually true...but what the conferences are "known for" is exactly what he stated.

The big ten is known as the black and blue conference. SEC is known for speed. Not physicallity.

NOT TRUE

You havent been watching Bama, Georgia or LSU play much

It might not be actually true...but what the conferences are "known for" is exactly what he stated.

Not to people that actually understand the game of football

• Fire 1