Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

And a fan base that cries about the refs injustice when prior to the play, there was plenty of time to send the Field Goal unit onto the field and kick it from the same distance. As if they don't take into consideration their QB never put his knee down. Their QB laid the football on the grass instead. That's technically a fumble. They blew it.

Completely off-topic for tis thread but whatever. The replay clearly shows that Stave, at a minimum, simulated putting his knee on the ground. That's all it takes, play is dead. You can't fake taking a knee because as soon as you do the play is over. It's smart clock management to run the clock down to 1-2 seconds, kick the FG, and not even give the other team a chance to run back a kickoff.

And a fan base that cries about the refs injustice when prior to the play, there was plenty of time to send the Field Goal unit onto the field and kick it from the same distance. As if they don't take into consideration their QB never put his knee down. Their QB laid the football on the grass instead. That's technically a fumble. They blew it.

Completely off-topic for tis thread but whatever. The replay clearly shows that Stave, at a minimum, simulated putting his knee on the ground. That's all it takes, play is dead. You can't fake taking a knee because as soon as you do the play is over. It's smart clock management to run the clock down to 1-2 seconds, kick the FG, and not even give the other team a chance to run back a kickoff.

I understand what you are saying, and really, it was a bum situation. From memory I don't think they took it to replay, so it wasn't clear. Even the defense jumped on the ball. It was confusion out there for sure. I was being a little defensive towards Bucky's comments and half joking like BBB12. Bucky is good people, was strange he went there about our QBs. No worries, it's all good.

Jeff T - 2 national championships

Don't tell me you're going all aTm and claiming more MNCs than we've actually earned, are you? chuckleshuffle

Gotta assume he meant Jerry Tagge, right? In which case the two MNCs count. Although in 1970, Tagge and Brownson split qb duties, even when both were healthy.

Yeah, I'm sure it was supposed to be Jerry. Thus, the emoticon. ;)