Ohio State @ Northwestern

tschu

Poor Northwestern. Oh well, at least those eggheads are used to getting their hearts broken. :lol:

Terrible defensive coaching and Braxton Miller kept them in the game. fumbles, 3 man rushes,etc

Sooo stupid. Need a new DC.

Northwestern had more crucial mistakes than Ohio St. A horrible interception in the red zone, missed tackles all over the place and some questionable play calling on 3rd down in regards to the by then predictable OSU blitz. You guys definitely benefitted.

We had 3 turnovers to their 1.

I counted more missed tackles on the OSU defense.

I would say OSU had way worse play calling on Offense too. Why didn't we give the ball to Carlos Hyde 40 times??? It was obvious they couldn't stop him.

But a turnover deep in your own territory in a game like this can't even be measured. If Northwestern doesn't make those mistakes they win this ballgame. They were their own worst enemy not Ohio State.

Braxton fumbled a sure TD, Braxton fumbled another one that gave them a TD, Braxton threw an interception that would have surely have given us 3 points at least.

Yes,

If Northwestern doesn't make those mistakes they win But If Braxton doesn't make those mistakes we win.

Northwestern had 2 turnovers, not 1 and you did win the ballgame...

But,but......TEXAS?!?!?!

YOU CAN'T RECRUIT TEXAS ANYMORE WITHOUT A TEXAS TEAM IN THE CONFERENCE *WAH*WAH*

THAT'S WHY NEBRASKA WAS TERRIBLE PRIOR TO 1996 IN THE BIG 8 AND A TEXASGUY LIKE VENRIC MARK WILL NEVER PLAY IN THE BIG TEN!

You seem like a decent guy most of the time...Do I honestly need to break down exactly why this is an idiotic post?

I don't expect you to agree but here are a few things.

Nebraska has a tradition of going into Texas and California already.

Nebraska has ties to a lot of talent in Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the Washington/Virginia area(That, oh by the way, has some of the best talent in the nation)

Nebraska just has to win 8 games(8 games in the Big Ten is cake) to play in FLORIDA every year. Which outside of Qbs has better talent that Texas IMO.

Now the Big Ten adds the Holiday bowl. California is quite good with players.

Every recruit in the nation can watch and follow Nebraska on the BTN and ABC/ESPN. EVERY F******* GAME IS TELEVISED(remember PPVS????)

The Big Ten serves it up on the silver platter. All you have to do is TAKE IT

But,but......TEXAS?!?!?!

YOU CAN'T RECRUIT TEXAS ANYMORE WITHOUT A TEXAS TEAM IN THE CONFERENCE *WAH*WAH*

THAT'S WHY NEBRASKA WAS TERRIBLE PRIOR TO 1996 IN THE BIG 8 AND A TEXASGUY LIKE VENRIC MARK WILL NEVER PLAY IN THE BIG TEN!

You seem like a decent guy most of the time...Do I honestly need to break down exactly why this is an idiotic post?

Nebraska has ties to a lot of talent in Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the Washington/Virginia area(That, oh by the way, has some of the best talent in the nation)

Nebraska just has to win 8 games(8 games in the Big Ten is cake) to play in FLORIDA every year. Which outside of Qbs has better talent that Texas IMO.

Every recruit in the nation can watch and follow Nebraska on the BTN and ABC/ESPN. EVERY F******* GAME IS TELEVISED(remember PPVS????)

We don't have a tradition of doing anything anymore with (a) the conference change and (b) the drop-off in the program's performance.

Oh we get to win 8 games in order to play in Florida??? Yeah, that aligns pretty well with the goals of this program :rolleyes: Counting bowl games as having a recruiting presence in a certain area is hilariously misguided.

EVERY GAME IS TELEVISED. Exactly. That levels the playing field. Gone are the days when Nebraska was one of maybe 10 programs to be televised on a week to week basis. It doesn't matter how much we are on the BTN especially to recruits outside the BTN footprint.

Exactly how do we have ties to recruits in Jersey and Pennsylvania and Virginia? Second, these areas aren't exactly known for being recruiting hotbeds AT ALL. Let me go find !my recruit demographic data.

Hilariously misguided if you belive that Ohio recruits are going to lead Nebraska back to the glory days. Not to mention that the national perception of the B1G is HORRIBLE. Utterly horrible. Yeah, we're in a great spot from a fan's perspective!

But hey, as a ticket-holding, university-supporting citizen, I'm supposed to accept the fact that my university is making tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! Go them!

But,but......TEXAS?!?!?!

We don't have a tradition of doing anything anymore with (a) the conference change and (b) the drop-off in the program's performance.

Oh we get to win 8 games in order to play in Florida??? Yeah, that aligns pretty well with the goals of this program :rolleyes: Counting bowl games as having a recruiting presence in a certain area is hilariously misguided.

EVERY GAME IS TELEVISED. Exactly. That levels the playing field. Gone are the days when Nebraska was one of maybe 10 programs to be televised on a week to week basis. It doesn't matter how much we are on the BTN especially to recruits outside the BTN footprint.

MINIMUM 8 GAMES. You have a terrible year(8 wins) and you get rewarded with a New Years Day Bowl on National TV in Florida. If you don't think recruiting is tied to bowl games too then I don't know what to tell ya. It's for the traveling of alumni but of course its also for recruiting.

drop off in the program's performance? you mean the same thing that happened in ann arbor? South Bend? hell, even Alabama was down when they were bowl banned all the way until Saban's second year.

Were there not PPVs for Nebraska football. BTN. national broadcast regardless of whether you are great or suck.

Wow, I'm impressed with this interest and support. You guys are football gamers. Thanks to you fans who tuned in and cheered on and glad this was a close one, not a blow out. Disappointed with yet another 4th quarter fade, but I didn't expect it to be the game it was. Urban was glad to escape this "12 rounder". Hopefully da Bears can keep up with the high octane Saints tomorrow and the Cats can make Wisconsin nervous next week.

• Fire 1

Exactly how do we have ties to recruits in Jersey and Pennsylvania and Virginia? Second, these areas aren't exactly known for being recruiting hotbeds AT ALL. Let me go find !my recruit demographic data.

Hilariously misguided if you belive that Ohio recruits are going to lead Nebraska back to the glory days. Not to mention that the national perception of the B1G is HORRIBLE. Utterly horrible. Yeah, we're in a great spot from a fan's perspective!

But hey, as a ticket-holding, university-supporting citizen, I'm supposed to accept the fact that my university is making tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! Go them!

Yeah Percy Harvin, Michael Vick, Terrelle Pryor, etc,etc

Please go look up how many players Bama and LSU have offered from Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey the past 5 years. lol #1 and #2 recruits are from those states

Yeah Percy Harvin, Michael Vick, Terrelle Pryor, etc,etc

Please go look up how many players Bama and LSU have offered from Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey the past 5 years. lol #1 and #2 recruits are from those states

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE FTW

How do you feel right now Woody?

Also, to the rest of you who watched the entire game, what was the crowd split?

I tuned in late and the camera seemed to have a pretty narrow scope on crowd shots but it sounded like there were a lot of OSU fans.

I feel terrible. coaches don't know what they are doing, secondary sucks, Braxton has fumbilitis,

half and half crowd. tons of Bucks. It's Evanston. always happens.

They didn't follow the gameplan I set for them until it was almost too late. We need to blitz way more and Carlos should have gotten 40 carries.

• Fire 1