Former NFL WR Irving Fryar Indicted For Allegedly Stealing $700,000

GSG

Couple of you "theorists" wanna explain to me how that drop lost us the game? We ended up scoring a few plays later anyway and still missed on the 2 point conversion. Good Grief.

I have no problem with now questioning the guy's character and what went on that night 30 years ago, but find some better evidence.

great post mr.A , I cant believe I read the rest.

Couple of you "theorists" wanna explain to me how that drop lost us the game? We ended up scoring a few plays later anyway and still missed on the 2 point conversion. Good Grief.

I have no problem with now questioning the guy's character and what went on that night 30 years ago, but find some better evidence.

Boy, I'll say it was a great post. It's already got 19 +1s and counting! :lol:

I to sure I'm buying either but there is a difference between "throwing the game" and "costing us the game".

Boy, I'll say it was a great post. It's already got 19 +1s and counting! :lol:

Holy sh#t!! It happened again. I like that.

About the $700k real estate fraud, this has to be one of the stupidest crimes ever. There's no possibility that he would get away with it. What was he possibly thinking anyway? And besides, the guy was in the NFL for 15 years. Was he really that hard up for money? The whole thing doesn't make sense. :dunno

/edit: $700k. Not $700. lol

I'd never consider myself a theorist, since you're probably referring to me. But I do know a little about psychology. And momentum. And chemistry. I was just a little kid when that game took place, but I look back at not the play on the field after that play, but the sidelines. You can do so too. Every Nebraska player on that sideline saw that drop. It's not an exact science. But something still seemed weird.

Irving Fryar was considered the best WR in college football that year. On the two-point conversion, Osborne chose to throw to the back-up running back who had barely played that game. It was a set play, there was no checking off. Wonder why?

IF his goal was to throw the game, do you think he'd really catch a TD pass with 1:12 to go? Would he really assume we'd still score anyway from outside the 20? I hardly think so. What's the explanation, you can only throw the game with 10 seconds left or on 4th down? LOL.

How on earth does this "logic" get 31 up votes, while my explanation that this drop had no impact whatsoever on the betting spread gets none? I give up on this place.

• Fire 2

IF his goal was to throw the game, do you think he'd really catch a TD pass with 1:12 to go? Would he really assume we'd still score anyway from outside the 20? I hardly think so. What's the explanation, you can only throw the game with 10 seconds left or on 4th down? LOL.

How on earth does this "logic" get 31 up votes, while my explanation that this drop had no impact whatsoever on the betting spread gets none? I give up on this place.

Because Irving Fryar is on huskerboard and has as many alter-egos as Bucky does? :dunno

I'd never consider myself a theorist, since you're probably referring to me. But I do know a little about psychology. And momentum. And chemistry. I was just a little kid when that game took place, but I look back at not the play on the field after that play, but the sidelines. You can do so too. Every Nebraska player on that sideline saw that drop. It's not an exact science. But something still seemed weird.

Irving Fryar was considered the best WR in college football that year. On the two-point conversion, Osborne chose to throw to the back-up running back who had barely played that game. It was a set play, there was no checking off. Wonder why?

Because that is "the" play, and it worked to perfection other than the pass being behind Smith. Smith had 100 plus yards on the ground that game, and was playing because Rozier was out with a sprained ankle. But maybe Mike was in on the fix also. :hmmph

Couple of you "theorists" wanna explain to me how that drop lost us the game? We ended up scoring a few plays later anyway and still missed on the 2 point conversion. Good Grief. I have no problem with now questioning the guy's character and what went on that night 30 years ago, but find some better evidence.
I'd never consider myself a theorist, since you're probably referring to me. But I do know a little about psychology. And momentum. And chemistry. I was just a little kid when that game took place, but I look back at not the play on the field after that play, but the sidelines. You can do so too. Every Nebraska player on that sideline saw that drop. It's not an exact science. But something still seemed weird. Irving Fryar was considered the best WR in college football that year. On the two-point conversion, Osborne chose to throw to the back-up running back who had barely played that game. It was a set play, there was no checking off. Wonder why?

This is the first, last and only refuge of the conspiracy theorist: citing an inconsistency and claiming it as evidence.

• Fire 1

About the $700 real estate fraud, this has to be one of the stupidest crimes ever. There's no possibility that he would get away with it. What was he possibly thinking anyway? And besides, the guy was in the NFL for 15 years. Was he really that hard up for money? The whole thing doesn't make sense. :dunno

He would just join the long list of professional athletes that blew all of their money. It's not an uncommon story.

I believed the "fix" story for quite a while, but the more times I watched, the more I was convinced he just dropped it. The dejection he showed when dropping to his knees. There is not one good or great receiver that has not muffed an easy catch. Not one.