Northwestern game start time

Jurgey

Who knows. Maybe it'll be so irrelevant that it'll fall to the 2:30 BTN slot.

Is that such a bad thing to be on that 2:30 BTN slot? If I were going to that game, I would prefer that time slot, and watching it on TV will be more fun in the afternoon.

That's basically what I was eluding to. I would prefer that time myself. I would prefer BTN if ESPN is just going to sh#t on us with an 11 am 2 or U slot anyway.

I got ya now. We are thinking the same thing. I wish the Big 10 weren't so beholden to ESPN and those early time slots. The conference needs to say "no thanks ESPN, we will put more games on our own network in time slots that are better for our fans". Of course, Big 10 fans are so delusional that they think these 11 AM games are actually "great ideas!!!"

I suppose, just like how Iowa hates the game on Friday after Thanksgiving, because they never played on that day before, it might be the same for us. We tended to NOT have a ton of 11am games each year while most Big Ten fans have and are used to them.

What hurts is that half of the teams (including the big names of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State) in the Big 10 are in the Eastern time zone. For them, the early game is at Noon, which isn't that big of a deal, and they are used to it. I wish the conference would give teams in the Central time zone a choice of whether they want to be on ESPN in the early time slot, especially for home games.

God, I am going to try and stop in at every bar on O street that day!

O Street appreciates the warning.

Okay, I am thinking...Hit Brothers...then Sandy's...then over to Cliffs so I can warm up with a Kamikaze...then hit Main Street Pub...then, this I tough...Embassy (maybe)...then over to Barry's...then back down O with a stop at Bodaygas (is that how you spell it)...then off to the Rail...

I could not be more excited for this and I am going Friday to the Minny game...I am more excited for the 230 start in Lincoln!

By the way, I am one of those people that gets really excited for stuff only to have a huge let down.