One of the 5 Greatest Fanbases

OU shouldn't be on the top 5 list. Living here when they were down in the 1990s one could see how much of a fair weather bunch they were.

I was thinking that, too. They bailed on the Sooners badly during that run.

True. You couldn't throw a rock in Norman and hit Sooner fan during that time. :D

I think my favorite part here is Nebraska fans simultaneously patting themselves on the back for being cl

assy enough to applaud the opponent, then chiding the opponent for not being as classy as them.

The day the "greatest fans...." Moniker becomes secondary to terms like "Rose bowl team" or "Conference champion" will be a great one indeed. I'm beyond tired of this.

We patted ourselves on the back for this sh#t in the 90's too. This has nothing to do with winning or losing. It's who we are. it's what we do.

Right, because I remember celebrating the 97 Championship and a 99 BCS berth, with a resounding "Goddamn we respected that other team out there." followed by several beers.

I am quite familiar, however, with uncounted tales of how bad someone was treated during a 19 point beatdown and the shock that transpired with the other fansbase not kneeling over and kissing our hand and acknowledging our wonderful classiness, on this board and elsewhere.

I think my favorite part here is Nebraska fans simultaneously patting themselves on the back for being cl

assy enough to applaud the opponent, then chiding the opponent for not being as classy as them.

The day the "greatest fans...." Moniker becomes secondary to terms like "Rose bowl team" or "Conference champion" will be a great one indeed. I'm beyond tired of this.

We patted ourselves on the back for this sh#t in the 90's too. This has nothing to do with winning or losing. It's who we are. it's what we do.

Right, because I remember celebrating the 97 Championship and a 99 BCS berth, with a resounding "Goddamn we respected that other team out there." followed by several beers.

I am quite familiar, however, with uncounted tales of how bad someone was treated during a 19 point beatdown and the shock that transpired with the other fansbase not kneeling over and kissing our hand and acknowledging our wonderful classiness, on this board and elsewhere.

No. The bottom line is, you have to reiterate our irrelevance and lack of championships by knocking what is by far our most prized attribute. We may never win another championship on any level ever EVER again. But our class? Our loyalty? Those things will never be overlooked across the country, regardless of the team's success. It is a standard of which other programs strive for, but simply cannot reach regardless. To knock on that, for whatever the reason, and to try to involve it with the program's lack of success over the past 15 years, is stupid.

And yes, in the 90's, many fans were still proud of our demeanor. Maybe you werent worried about it. Fine. It would fall right in line with your line of thinking in this whole discussion.