An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked. What has this staff done to make you think they are being forthcoming with injury information? This also all but confirms that the coaching staff was passive aggressively calling out Taylor for not being honest with him about his condition.

I, and others, have stated that he will not be 100% this year and that it wasn't "just" turf toe. Not surprising - Bo hitched his wagon to Taylor and now he gets to deal with the consequences.

it's gonna cost him his job. We'll be lucky-YES FLAT OUT LUCKY-to even win one more game with Taylor as our quarterback. The offense has to be the flagbearer with this team. That's not the case with his halfassed inconsistent play. And be half assed, i dont mean effort wize, I mean health wize.

Regardless, Taylor is not 100% and cant really run right now. Without that threat, he's not even #3 on the depth chart. Time to move on.

Hey may not be 100% right now, but he can run. He showed that in the 3rd quarter. But that was the first designed QB keep of the game, and they never ran any read option. If they're not going to run him, then put the backups in. But I do think he's capable of running the ball right now, and they just didn't do it.

But that's the whole damn point isnt it? He also showed twice (the only two opportunities) that he can throw downfield too. But we never attempt that either. if it's an issue of having confidence enough in him to put him in those situations, then we need a qb we do have the confidence in as a playcaller. If you dont have faith enough in Taylor's health to call the qb runs, and you dont have the faith enough in his passing ability to stretch the field, and get the back 7 defenders out of the box, then explain to me why the hell he's even in the game.

The decisive/explosive Taylor is GONE. he is done, never to return.

He used to see a gap and get 9-90 yds, whichever was there.

He was never a perfect runner, but knowing now it's not turf toe and instead broken toes??!

I called for him to play right away and start on turf toe.

But in broken toes, he just won't be the same. He doesn't look the same, and no one fears him. Which is what made him dangerous, defenses had to account for him every play. Now they can play Ameer and Taylor's crappy passing.

I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked. What has this staff done to make you think they are being forthcoming with injury information? This also all but confirms that the coaching staff was passive aggressively calling out Taylor for not being honest with him about his condition.

I, and others, have stated that he will not be 100% this year and that it wasn't "just" turf toe. Not surprising - Bo hitched his wagon to Taylor and now he gets to deal with the consequences.

it's gonna cost him his job. We'll be lucky-YES FLAT OUT LUCKY-to even win one more game with Taylor as our quarterback. The offense has to be the flagbearer with this team. That's not the case with his halfassed inconsistent play. And be half assed, i dont mean effort wize, I mean health wize.

You're preaching to the choir here. There is a reason I've been on the "why isn't Tommy" playing bandwagon for a while; furthermore, everyone, for the most part knew that Taylor was significantly more hurt than "turf toe", staff, players, Eichorst, etc. Since the broken toes and shoulder ailment are out in the open now, I'm curious why they didn't mention the ankle/wrist. Maybe those ones actually healed up a bit over the last 5 weeks.

That said, the defense has its own issues but the team as a whole plays better without Taylor and (shocker, I'll let another cat out of the bag) Beck didn't think Taylor should play the rest of the season.Once again. Bo is hitched to Taylor - some weird level of loyalty, that yes, may cost him his job.

Regardless, Taylor is not 100% and cant really run right now. Without that threat, he's not even #3 on the depth chart. Time to move on.

Hey may not be 100% right now, but he can run. He showed that in the 3rd quarter. But that was the first designed QB keep of the game, and they never ran any read option. If they're not going to run him, then put the backups in. But I do think he's capable of running the ball right now, and they just didn't do it.

But that's the whole damn point isnt it? He also showed twice (the only two opportunities) that he can throw downfield too. But we never attempt that either. if it's an issue of having confidence enough in him to put him in those situations, then we need a qb we do have the confidence in as a playcaller. If you dont have faith enough in Taylor's health to call the qb runs, and you dont have the faith enough in his passing ability to stretch the field, and get the back 7 defenders out of the box, then explain to me why the hell he's even in the game.

You pretty much have it figured out.

Beck wants other QB's in the game.

Bo wants TM in the game.

Playcalling suffers due to this. Considering; Beck doesn't trust Taylor running half the playbook. Taylor also audibles entirely way too much.

I basically agree, I just don't know what Beck's motives are. You're implying that the reason he doesn't ask Taylor to throw downfield or to run the ball is because he doesn't have faith in Taylor's abilities or his health. I don't know if that's the case. We've seen Beck call so many bad games, and to see him call another one like today, where Abdullah is averaging over 8 ypc and he doesn't just ride that horse to victory? That's incompetence.

What is the identity on offense? There is none. They don't play fast, they're not run-first, they're not pass-first, they're not an option team. They are nothing.

• Fire 1

Bo wants TM in the game.

Playcalling suffers due to this. Considering; Beck doesn't trust Taylor running half the playbook. Taylor also audibles entirely way too much.

Jesus. Is Taylor's presence really actaully sabotaging the performance of a second OC in his time here?

LOL.

but a little serious.

Bo wants TM in the game.

Jesus. Is Taylor's presence really actaully sabotaging the performance of a second OC in his time here?

LOL.

but a little serious.

It isn't a secret Shawn Watson and Bo disagreed on who the QB should be. Bo "advised" Wats to look for a new job if he wasn't going to support Taylor at QB.

I hinted at this a while ago, but Beck is going down the same path. Luckily, Beck was more willing to adjust and establish himself. Watson already was "proven". And I wouldn't say its sabotage. It's just Bo is very hard headed and is set on Taylor being starter. Every position on offense is under evaluation week to week, except QB. Taylor could break a leg, throw 10 INTs in practice and still be named the starter. (Obvious sarcasm). Can't say it enough, Bo hitched his wagon to Martinez. Beck would've hitched it elsewhere by now.