An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

If this is true, I think we totally blew it by playing Taylor, but I also don't think the coaches are stupid. Unless Taylor's health situation changes dramatically, I'd have to think that this mistake won't be repeated again. I'd like to see an announcement made early on that we're going with Tommy and Ron and preparing with those two for the next game right away.

They may not be stupid, but they are very stubborn.

Well if what Taylor has said is true and his toes really are broken then it was insane to think we could win at all today against Minnesota with him at the helm. It probably wouldn't have mattered because the defense could stop NOTHING, but at least we could've scored some points with Armstrong or RKIII in there, but that's grasping at straws as well. Taylor shouldn't see the field the rest of the year. The season is basically lost at this point with the loss today to Minnesota barring some major meltdown by Michigan and Michigan State with Michigan State in the driver's seat. So Tommy needs to start to get experience for next season and you need to build on that. Anything less is baffling IMO...........

No doubt the D sucked big time, but I think we outscore Minny with either TA or RK.

• Fire 1
If the defense plays any different depending on who is playing QB, the problems on this team are worse than I thought.

Well, if you're told time and again that you have to be perfect, execute, and know the play book to see the field, and you see a person you know is hurt, and possibly not the best player in his position still get unconditional support, and playing time, regardless of the outcome......it'd be pretty hard not to react negatively.

All conjecture, sure, but I'm far from a pessimist and I'm starting to see flames amidst the smoke.

Especially when the coach is constantly chewing people out.

If this is true, I think we totally blew it by playing Taylor, but I also don't think the coaches are stupid. Unless Taylor's health situation changes dramatically, I'd have to think that this mistake won't be repeated again. I'd like to see an announcement made early on that we're going with Tommy and Ron and preparing with those two for the next game right away.

They may not be stupid, but they are very stubborn.

Zoogs if far more optimistic than I, we've just seen this movie so many times before the last 4 years. Now we've hit rock bottom over it.

I won't comment on being stubborn or stupid, other than to say judge for yourself after a guy with two broken toes and a shoulder problem played every snap at QB.

Well if what Taylor has said is true and his toes really are broken then it was insane to think we could win at all today against Minnesota with him at the helm. It probably wouldn't have mattered because the defense could stop NOTHING, but at least we could've scored some points with Armstrong or RKIII in there, but that's grasping at straws as well. Taylor shouldn't see the field the rest of the year. The season is basically lost at this point with the loss today to Minnesota barring some major meltdown by Michigan and Michigan State with Michigan State in the driver's seat. So Tommy needs to start to get experience for next season and you need to build on that. Anything less is baffling IMO...........

No doubt the D sucked big time, but I think we outscore Minny with either TA or RK.

Honestly I agree with you and that's the crappy part of this whole thing. We get in a shoot out with Minny we win this 9 out of 10 times. With either RKIII or TA at the helm we would've had that chance. Taylor is so jacked up he's a huge liability instead of a help at this point. He starts next week and I'm on the fire Bo now bandwagon instead of fire him later. There's way too much smoke behind the scenes to make me think there isn't a fire!

Man people must have been substantially more impressed than I with Armstrong's 6 of 18 for 43 yards and 3 interceptions against Purdue.

This isn't mean to knock Armstrong, he's a young kid that will get better. But let's not pretend like he's Tommie Frazier or even Joe Ganz at this point.

• Fire 1

Taylor has to be able to play on broken toes, especially if its not his big toe and he wants to become a husker legend. Its called tape, padding, and some morphine. Back in my youth we would play til the lights went out or the ambulences came. I dont know how t mart was raised but I know if I were him it would be full go no excuses. Im very disappointed in how big of a baby he is starting to sound like

Taylor has to be able to play on broken toes, especially if its not his big toe and he wants to become a husker legend. Its called tape, padding, and some morphine. Back in my youth we would play til the lights went out or the ambulences came. I dont know how t mart was raised but I know if I were him it would be full go no excuses. Im very disappointed in how big of a baby he is starting to sound like

Is that you Bo?

Yea, and back in the day you were a pu&&y if you wanted a drink of water. And we didn't take plays off for concussions.

Thankfully, times change.

We all know what its like to break a couple toes. No excuse not to play football. T mart is a big baby and should have been leading our beloved Huskers to a chamionship this year. Instead he is not playing, which in turn is ruining my marriage and now my kids hate me. All because t mart made us lose by playing like a bia and i went on a rampage in the living room. I hope martinez is ready to pay for my divorce and child support payments!

Tell ya what, how about I smash your foot with a hammer, and we see how well you bag groceries the next day.