An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

Bo does seem to have an interesting connection to TM and it's getting strange to the point that he loves him so much he wants to see him play his last down so they can take a train out of Lincoln together? I honestly want the best for the program, BO, and Tmart but it does seem to me that something really odd has to be going on for us to watch what we did today, find out what we did today, and then not be able to follow the plan the last few weeks that got us wins, tough day for Husker Nation but we still control our own destiny and this team has played well we just need to have some fun

Well if what Taylor has said is true and his toes really are broken then it was insane to think we could win at all today against Minnesota with him at the helm. It probably wouldn't have mattered because the defense could stop NOTHING, but at least we could've scored some points with Armstrong or RKIII in there, but that's grasping at straws as well. Taylor shouldn't see the field the rest of the year. The season is basically lost at this point with the loss today to Minnesota barring some major meltdown by Michigan and Michigan State with Michigan State in the driver's seat. So Tommy needs to start to get experience for next season and you need to build on that. Anything less is baffling IMO...........

• Fire 1

Well if what Taylor has said is true and his toes really are broken then it was insane to think we could win at all today against Minnesota with him at the helm. It probably wouldn't have mattered because the defense could stop NOTHING, but at least we could've scored some points with Armstrong or RKIII in there, but that's grasping at straws as well. Taylor shouldn't see the field the rest of the year. The season is basically lost at this point with the loss today to Minnesota barring some major meltdown by Michigan and Michigan State with Michigan State in the driver's seat. So Tommy needs to start to get experience for next season and you need to build on that. Anything less is baffling IMO...........

Who's to say the defense doesnt play with more effort and will with a qb whom they know is healthy and, in my eyes, better? Yes, I'm questioning effort above all else today. This was a team that was night and day different than the one we saw the past 3 games in the effort, focus, and confidence departments.

Well fellas...the whole fracture ordeal...I knew about that a few weeks ago and didn't want to start spouting anything off until more info came out...Taylor is a damn fighter....but to fight through fractured sh#t...no way you're healed after 5 weeks....dumb on the coaching staff...dumb dumb dumb!!! Getting sick of this BS

If the defense plays any different depending on who is playing QB, the problems on this team are worse than I thought.

Well, if you're told time and again that you have to be perfect, execute, and know the play book to see the field, and you see a person you know is hurt, and possibly not the best player in his position still get unconditional support, and playing time, regardless of the outcome......it'd be pretty hard not to react negatively.

All conjecture, sure, but I'm far from a pessimist and I'm starting to see flames amidst the smoke.

Who's to say the defense doesnt play with more effort and will with a qb whom they know is healthy and, in my eyes, better? Yes, I'm questioning effort above all else today. This was a team that was night and day different than the one we saw the past 3 games in the effort, focus, and confidence departments.

The effort certainly wasn't there but as we've seen in the past, when the defense is on the ropes, they tend to over think the play leading to bigger problems. With a QB and offense who can move the ball and score, the pressure is taken off the defense just a bit. Where the offense goes, so goes the defense.

So let me get this straight....Martinez is the one who announces that he was playing on broken toes, and it hurt every time he planted, essentially throwing the coaching staff under the bus.

The coaching staff suggests that Martinez needs to be more honest(?) about his injuries, although they are in a position to watch him practice all week and are the ONLY people qualified to say he is ready to play.

The Martinez issue distracts people from that now bizarrely familiar sight of a Nebraska defense that absolutely no one fears.

Coaches fighting coaches. Players questioning coaches. Coaches questioning players. Players lashing out at fans.

Things have gotten so bad that I half expect this team to do something crazy, like beat Northwestern and MSU.