An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

Severe, McKeon and others are reporting that Taylor Martinez broke "several toes" in the Wyoming game.

When asked why it was called turf toe, his reply was "coaches said it was just easier".

Now, kudos to the kid for playing three games and this one with a broken goddamn foot, but God Almighty that is just poor form for whomever decided to let him play like that. It's an unwinnable situation for the poor kid. I, like anyone have defended Taylor, but he shouldn't have been out there.

Also, it's time to call the coaching staff on the carpet about its out and out deceit. That model only barely works for people like Saban and Harbaugh, and sadly it's pretty clear now that this staff isn't close to them.

That... makes no sense.

I get that Bo & the coaching staff frequently "lie" to the press/public about injuries - that's coach-speak and part of the deal with coaches. But wouldn't you MAKE SURE that your team isn't going to blow your cover on a story like that, especially the guy whom the cover story is about?

This season is like bizarro-world. And we're only halfway through it.

Taylor's first two passes today went for two completions and 55 yards. That was good to power us to our first scoring drive.

After that:

14/28 for 84 yards (3.0 YPA)

Ameer was pretty tough to stop, but is Taylor being in there setting all of that up? If not I'd have to say that Taylor is just too hurt to run this offense right now. He's talented individually and can still make the plays here and there, but we need the offense to not disappear. By the way, our defense got totally worked today. They should never have given up the lead. But we were in this game to the end, and what could we get out of the offense and its all-B1G set of playmakers?

My pretty solid source says that Taylor didnt come out about the injury (whatever it was after reading this) until he was basically confronted with a "what's your problem?" after the UCLA game. And Bo and Beck's demeanor in interviews at that time and such pretty much reiterated that theory. Beck saying things like "he has to be 100%". "This is about the team. he cant be selfish" and Bo saying things like "he has to be able to plant his foot and go". I dont believe one second Bo made Taylor play with broken toes. i dont disagree with the part about saying turf toe was just easier.

Regardless, Taylor is not 100% and cant really run right now. Without that threat, he's not even #3 on the depth chart. Time to move on.

• Fire 2