4 dropped passes

Yeah, there were screenshots posted in the game thread of that play where Kenny was wide open but the throw made it more difficult than it should have been.

Another one looked really low and the receiver had to stop and get to the ground to try to make it.

Drops happen every game, but it's a function of more than one variable. Better throws are easier to catch. On Kenny's endzone miss the ball was also behind him. He was running left across the field and the ball came high and to the right. Even if it hadn't required him to reach back over to get his hands on it, Kenny was likely going to get walloped too. But Taylor was under duress on that one.

Yeah, there were screenshots posted in the game thread of that play where Kenny was wide open but the throw made it more difficult than it should have been.

Another one looked really low and the receiver had to stop and get to the ground to try to make it.

Drops happen every game, but it's a function of more than one variable. Better throws are easier to catch. On Kenny's endzone miss the ball was also behind him. He was running left across the field and the ball came high and to the right. Even if it hadn't required him to reach back over to get his hands on it, Kenny was likely going to get walloped too. But Taylor was under duress on that one.

I wonder if that throw to Kenny in the back of the endzone wasn't Taylor attempting to just throw it away

I don't think our receivers are overrated at all. We have NFL talent there, but we're not making use of it. Kenny is a beast.

By the way, being a New England Patriots fan this year and having watched all of those games, I consider myself a bit of a drops connoisseur at this point :lol:

I don't think our receivers are overrated at all. We have NFL talent there, but we're not making use of it. Kenny is a beast.

By the way, being a New England Patriots fan this year and having watched all of those games, I consider myself a bit of a drops connoisseur at this point :lol:

Yes, you're a qualified expert. As well of any fan of any team that at any point had Terrell Owens.

There is no correlation between ball placement and the ability to make a catch apparently.

People should note that in your gif. , that's our backup, redshirt freshman qb making a throw that our "struggling" receiver laid up for at risk of life in the middle of 4 defenders to haul in with one hand, showing incredible moxy and swagger in doing so.