4 dropped passes

I don't believe the proper time to make contact with the ball is when the nose and 70% of the laces are already past your hands.

That's a ball whizzing through his hands already. When the nose was reaching the triangle, at that point, the ball was probably closer to fingertip level.

Again, Kenny is already reaching backwards in his jump opposite to his momentum, since he was running right and this ball is coming in left.

Too high, too left, would've been a really difficult catch. Yeah, we've seen Kenny make those difficult catches and the great WRs do. He could've come down with it, but the throw also could've been in a much, much better spot. Because of that, this is, I believe, a low % catch. It didn't take Kenny blowing it to not come down with this ball.

Again, to be clear, I'm not making excuses for him at Taylor's expense. He had already evaded pressure and was throwing on I think the run at that point. If you zing one deep down the field under those circumstances a high or errant ball is kinda to be expected. Oh well.

Tar and feathers? Come on man. We just want to win football games. I give a f#*k about tar and feathers. The fact that TA led this team to some nice wins and then isn't even talked about the next game? These coaches played it all week that Taylor or Tommy could possibly start. Now Taylor is healthy, so we completely forget TA? Any coach with a f'ing brain would have used both QBs. It would have been mind boggling for a defense to try and stop Taylor and Tommy. Especially when you consider how successful the option was. Can you imagine keeping that option wrinkle in for Tommy every once in awhile? Oh but when TA plays, we can rotate in RK...but nobody. I repeat NOBODY rotates with Taylor f'ing Martinez, even when he is lookin like absolute sh#t. Then he comes out and admits he still isn't 100% after the game. So we played him why? Because we wanted to start this six game stretch with a victory.....so much for that. Did it ever cross their minds to give Tommy a shot.

This staff is a bunch of f'ing idiots. They can kiss my ass in the way out the door, to quote Bo.

• Fire 5

This isn't a catchable ball. OK.

J7Id1Uc.jpg

Hits your hands ....it's catchable

So, if you can touch a basketball rim fully extended with one finger, you should be expected to dunk a basketball?

He's not touching that ball with one finger at full extension. The bulk of that ball is below the top of his fingers. That's a catch that Kenny makes - that he has to make - 99 of 100 times.

I'm not here to tell you that Taylor played a great game because we all know he didn't. But those four dropped passes were

critical, and while we've got our tar and feathers out for Martinez, shouldn't there be some to spare for our two star WRs who, literally, dropped the ball?

If we have antipathy for the quarterback and not the receivers, that says more about us than it says about the quarterback.

And a lot of those four passes were not the easiest to catch. I assure you (and I know that you know this) that I wanted those balls to be brought in just as much as you.

Here's the problem, Taylor shouldn't have been out there. The guy had a bad game because he's a shell of what he was and what he can be. That ain't on him. That's on the people that made the conscious effort to play him, and to keep him in there to get slaughtered by both the other team and the people off the field when it was plainly obvious that he was hobbled out there.

Minnesota's coaches saw it, I know you saw it, and I saw it too.

I defended Pelini several times over beers with you not that long ago, but he should be fired for putting a kid he's charged to protect in a spot like that.

• Fire 4

I'm not saying they were easy to catch, but they should all have been caught. However, the most egregious drops in that game were from the Gophers receivers. They make catches on several balls that also weren't great passes but also hit them in the hands and that game would have been over midway through the third quarter.

Completely agree on your last three paragraphs. You'd like to think the coaches running the program you're a fan of have their heads screwed on straight, but games like this... I just don't know.

• Fire 1

This isn't a catchable ball. OK.

J7Id1Uc.jpg

Hits your hands ....it's catchable

So, if you can touch a basketball rim fully extended with one finger, you should be expected to dunk a basketball?

He's not touching that ball with one finger at full extension. The bulk of that ball is below the top of his fingers. That's a catch that Kenny makes - that he has to make - 99 of 100 times.

I'm not here to tell you that Taylor played a great game because we all know he didn't. But those four dropped passes were

critical, and while we've got our tar and feathers out for Martinez, shouldn't there be some to spare for our two star WRs who, literally, dropped the ball?

If we have antipathy for the quarterback and not the receivers, that says more about us than it says about the quarterback.

And a lot of those four passes were not the easiest to catch. I assure you (and I know that you know this) that I wanted those balls to be brought in just as much as you.

Here's the problem, Taylor shouldn't have been out there. The guy had a bad game because he's a shell of what he was and what he can be. That ain't on him. That's on the people that made the conscious effort to play him, and to keep him in there to get slaughtered by both the other team and the people off the field when it was plainly obvious that he was hobbled out there.

Minnesota's coaches saw it, I know you saw it, and I saw it too.

I defended Pelini several times over beers with you not that long ago, but he should be fired for putting a kid he's charged to protect in a spot like that.

+1000

Bottom line is Taylor and our receiving crew are all very marginal at best and wildly inconsistent. Our receivers are not nfl talent! Bell shows flashes of being an excellent playmaker but is not consistent whatsoever. Those dropped passes could have been caught, yes, but the throw from the quarterback is no where near good enough to catch them on as regular of basis as we need to be a top tier team.

Ronald Ulysses Swanson! you kiss your mother with that mouth? :o

I don't know guys, I maintain that this was only a marginal catchable ball and that we have the best WR corps we've seen at Nebraska in a long time. I wish Kenny would've come down with it, sure, but I wish even more we didn't have to blame one or another guy for this. Kenny did a great job of getting open and Taylor did a great job of not getting sacked, stepping up, and finding him in the endzone. They didn't connect but it's nothing to get so worked up over. There was a lot worse that we saw today.

Ronald Ulysses Swanson! you kiss your mother with that mouth? :o

I don't know guys, I maintain that this was only a marginal catchable ball and that we have the best WR corps we've seen at Nebraska in a long time. I wish Kenny would've come down with it, sure, but I wish even more we didn't have to blame one or another guy for this. Kenny did a great job of getting open and Taylor did a great job of not getting sacked, stepping up, and finding him in the endzone. They didn't connect but it's nothing to get so worked up over. There was a lot worse that we saw today.

Sadly there is one guy to blame.

Per my previous points, it's Bo.

Hate to admit that, but man I just can't believe he put Taylor out there. That's just so irresponsible, arrogant, and self spiteful I can't even comprehend it.

Tar and feathers? Come on man. We just want to win football games. I give a f#*k about tar and feathers. The fact that TA led this team to some nice wins and then isn't even talked about the next game? These coaches played it all week that Taylor or Tommy could possibly start. Now Taylor is healthy, so we completely forget TA? Any coach with a f'ing brain would have used both QBs. It would have been mind boggling for a defense to try and stop Taylor and Tommy. Especially when you consider how successful the option was. Can you imagine keeping that option wrinkle in for Tommy every once in awhile? Oh but when TA plays, we can rotate in RK...but nobody. I repeat NOBODY rotates with Taylor f'ing Martinez, even when he is lookin like absolute sh#t. Then he comes out and admits he still isn't 100% after the game. So we played him why? Because we wanted to start this six game stretch with a victory.....so much for that. Did it ever cross their minds to give Tommy a shot.

This staff is a bunch of f'ing idiots. They can kiss my ass in the way out the door, to quote Bo.

Aside from your ending anger :lol: probably the best statement of the day.

Why is it? Why is it the when Armstrong comes in and lead us to back to back TD drives to open 3 straight games, we have to rotate the qb's, but today-or any other times-when we go three and out and 3 and out and fall behind, we cant rotate Taylor our and give him a break?

This is the bullsh#t going through my mind today that I just cant get behind anymore.

Unfortunately, this team will probably rally after this sh#tstorm like they usually do and probably win out or some sh#t, just enough reel me back in enough to kick me in balls by givin up 70 to Ohio St on Dec 7th.

• Fire 3

Seems like the WRs have been off the last two games. They probably had more than four in the Purdue game.

Ya, just didn't cost us against Purdue. I question TM being in there but Beck and the receivers did him no favors. Guys dropped balls they've shown the ability to catch. Nobody stepped-up on O. AA had that first-half fumble but could've been the gamechanger but Beck wouldn't ride him.

EZ, at that point in the picture it's already through his hands and still a bit high. When it was on level with where his hands are that ball had to be at fingertip level. From the previous screens we see that this ball isn't just high, it's behind Kenny.

Kenny was wide open on this play and while I don't blame Taylor for delivering this kind of ball under duress, there was a wide range of throws that would've made this an easy TD and this throw fell outside of all of them.