5 Painful Reasons Why Bo Needs to Step Down . . .

I am not the one going around saying he has, or hasn't. I am simply asking for proof, since not a SINGLE person can prove that he has. Get real and stop playing 5 year old games? How about quit being a high school girl and believing in everything you hear. Until its proven and out there, from a credible source, I will give Bo the benefit of the doubt. You would think after the Deadspin article, and this were true, it would have been out there as well right? But since you read it on the internet, it must be true?

What I don't understand is how you can't see it happening. After cursing at the fans, telling someone in confidence that he was going to leave, and how us fans can kiss his *** out the door, and numerous people that are "insiders", whom have very strong connections, claim that this is fact. Don't be naive. I understand that you are one of those people that if you can't see it, it must not exist, but just trust me, this is very true. Agree to disagree if you'd like, but I will believe what I know. ;)

Tennessee, Miami, and Arkansas.

Tennessee was a rumor started by our very own EZ-E and spread like wild fire. Miami was after Perlman reprimanded him for the Texas A&M game and he was mad about that. I don't know about Arkansas.

I am pretty sure the Arkansas rumor started after the B1G prolapsed anus game, rumor was Bo was gone the whole week before the game.

I am not the one going around saying he has, or hasn't. I am simply asking for proof, since not a SINGLE person can prove that he has. Get real and stop playing 5 year old games? How about quit being a high school girl and believing in everything you hear. Until its proven and out there, from a credible source, I will give Bo the benefit of the doubt. You would think after the Deadspin article, and this were true, it would have been out there as well right? But since you read it on the internet, it must be true?

What I don't understand is how you can't see it happening. After cursing at the fans, telling someone in confidence that he was going to leave, and how us fans can kiss his *** out the door, and numerous people that are "insiders", whom have very strong connections, claim that this is fact. Don't be naive. I understand that you are one of those people that if you can't see it, it must not exist, but just trust me, this is very true. Agree to disagree if you'd like, but I will believe what I know. ;)

Tennessee, Miami, and Arkansas.

Tennessee was a rumor started by our very own EZ-E and spread like wild fire. Miami was after Perlman reprimanded him for the Texas A&M game and he was mad about that. I don't know about Arkansas.

These feelers largely go on behind the scenes anyway with coaches agents and search/consulting firms.

Miami was public knowledge. It was all over ESPN. But it is also had to do with the fact that Perlman publicly reprimanded Bo and he did not like that at all. I don't think he would have ever left, but he entertained the idea. Ended up getting a raise out of it, I think. Could be wrong on the last part.

Apparently people forget what Urban Meyer told us when we asked him to be our head coach. He basically told us to f#*k off....and this was when he was at Utah looking to move up.

urban Meyer wasn't leaving Utah that season he still had Alex Smith and was looking at a great season to build his resume to move to a really great job. Sorry, but UM has never considered NU a great job.

Thanks for proving my point. Hes not the only coach that feels that way either

Doesn't mean other coaches don't or won't. UM is not stupid his next move was going to be to somewhere that it is easy to recruit to and that isn't Nebraska.

I think its pretty evident by our last two searches what top coaches think about coaching here. Who did TO interview again? Gill, Grobe and Pelini. Am I forgetting another mediocre coach or did I hit them all?

But wasn't Osborne tight with money? If you throw enough money out there, any coach would go to Lincoln, even though geographically its no better than Iowa.

My question has been "how has Wisconsin done it?" Nebraska's tradition is far superior to Wisconsin, yet Wisconsin > Nebraska recently.

Osborne wasn't tight with money. The boosters had a huge hand in determining it would be Bo, I think. And Bo is paid pretty good money. The assistants? Some are paid high, some are less so, but look at their resumes. That's why. Some of Bo's assistants when he first came on board, were previous GAs. That's why they weren't getting paid the big bucks, not because we refuse to shell out. I believe we had the pocket book opened, and I'm sure if we had Zook or Stoops coming here, they would have been pulling down competitive salaries. The idea that Nebraska is just too cheap doesn't fly, IMO.

^

In response to streeterCL's post.

Or Alabama. What's there to do in Alabama or more specifically what's there to do in Tuscaloosa Alabama that's enticing to all of those top ranked recruits? Not much. It's more centrally located so it's not even near the coast. My point is with the right person and with Nebraska's history of success on the field and history of putting guys in the NFL you can get better recruits here. We have the facilities, the fan base, the history. If we can get the right kind of coach here I believe anyway we can turn things around. Of course that is the million dollar question. Can we get lucky and get the right guy to not only get us those recruits but get us back to being somewhat relevant again.

I do like the idea of Chris Petersen.

My question has been "how has Wisconsin done it?" Nebraska's tradition is far superior to Wisconsin, yet Wisconsin > Nebraska recently.

That's my thought also, Even Michigan and Ohio State have no major advantages over Nebraska as far as recruiting is concerned. Pelini has even had some decent class that he's done nothing with. Our athletic budget is massive, we can bid with anyone out there if the only factor is money.

That's my thought also, Even Michigan and Ohio State have no major advantages over Nebraska as far as recruiting is concerned. Pelini has even had some decent class that he's done nothing with. Our athletic budget is massive, we can bid with anyone out there if the only factor is money.

Ohio State has a huge recruiting advantage over Nebraska. There's a lot of talent in Ohio that the Buckeyes don't have to work very hard to get. Michigan has an advantage, too, it's just smaller.

I kind of viewed Wisconsin as being similar to Nebraska when Solich was here. I thought that Bielema had the Badgers running on the fumes left over from Alvarez and eventually the system Alvarez built would fall apart. We'll see how Anderson does.

I'm not worried about the concept that coaches will be scared to coach here if 9 wins gets you fired. I want a guy who will look at that setup and says, "Bring it on."

Pete Carroll was USC's 4th choice. Before his hiring, everyone thought he totally sucked as a coach. After he was hired, everybody in Southern California derided USC's AD for making such a stupid hire. Maybe we need to forget about prima donnas, young sure-fire coaches, and anything else that everybody seems to love, and simply hire an old coach who knows his way around a clip board and a field.

Greg Schiano

Schiano, as the head coach of Rutgers University, where he served 11 years, transforming the Scarlet Knights from an unknown into a consistently competitive, winning and respected program.

Prior to heading up the Rutgers program, Schiano served two seasons (1999-00) as defensive coordinator with the Miami Hurricanes.

Schiano served three seasons in the NFL as a defensive assistant (1996-97) and later defensive backfield coach for the Chicago Bears (1998) and also spent six seasons under the late Joe Paterno at Penn State as a graduate assistant (1990) and defensive backfield coach (1991-95).

Schiano -is a 1988 graduate of Bucknell University, where he was a three-year letterman at linebacker.

DO NOT WANT.......NEXT

Recruits are weighing everything when it comes to choosing a school and the one thing I think people don't think enough about and for me anyway is a reason I think Pelini isn't going to recruit the kinds of kids we need to make it back to the next level is they're constantly watching what's going on with the schools that are recruiting them. The whole Taylor debacle Saturday, Pelini laying into anyone within earshot on television on a regular basis whether it be players, his own coaches or refs. The tape. The blowouts. Watching an entire football team just plain old look apathetic when they're down in the 4th quarter or for the entire game in losses. All of the social media unhappiness from fans and even ex players. These kids are watching all of this and paying attention trust me. They know what's going on. That doesn't bode well for us and hasn't for a while now with Bo in charge.

Ask yourself if they're seeing this type of stuff at Wisconsin, Michigan or Ohio State. Pretty much every other team in the Big 10 even.

• Fire 1

It's hard to write this because we all wanted Bo to succeed. However, I am giving five reasons why Bo needs to go:

1. Rats, rats, rats. Bo never gave a rat’s backside about Nebraska fans. For reasons unconscionably unexplainable, Bo put himself at odds with the fan base from day-one on the job. For a guy who portends to be nails-between-teeth tough, he was surprisingly fragile when it came to criticism.

2. Mike Tyson. He is like Mike Tyson. He can only win if everything is going his way. The moment an obstacle is presented, he can’t take it. The odd thing about yesterday was that it was one of the extremely rare times that we lost by only a small amount. Bo’s teams usually collapse completely and lose by 3 touchdowns.

3. Lady Ga Ga. Why in the world has Bo gone absolutely Ga Ga over Martinez for the last 3 years? Football is not advanced physics. When 7-year-old kids can clearly see that Martinez needs to sit, but you don’t, it’s time to go.

4. De-Chain-link-fense. When Bo first arrived we were all fatigued from Bill Callahan’s “You-Need-A-Master’s-Degree-From-Harvard” to execute my game plans mentality. Bo stepped up to the mike and essentially said, “Football’s not complicated. See your man, hit him, knock him down.” Then Bo went right out and adopted BC’s MIT play book. If the players would just properly execute the plays, we’d be fine. If a play book is so sophisticated that it takes 5 years to learn, maybe, just maybe, it’s too complicated.

5. Carley Simon. Carole King “It’s too late, baby, oh it’s too late.” Al Davis used to say, “Just win, baby.” I say to Bo, “Just pack, baby.” Under you, I have lost almost every ounce of my desire for Nebraska football. I have missed several games this year, simply because I don’t care anymore. Oh, I want to care, but it’s hard to care when your coach couldn’t care less about the fan base. For those who love Bo, what is it about his coaching that you love? He has no game plan. We have pathetically weak defenses. We have incredibly unskilled coaches in important positions. When a QB is blowing chunks. he never thinks twice about putting a backup in. Halftime adjustments have never existed for us. And the only time we had a good season under him, the following season he benched the senior quarterback in place of an unproven defensive back. From a coaching standpoint, there is nothing that this man brings to the table. Nothing.

Remember during the BC era when we’d long for Bo? We all thought it was a pipe dream. When he showed up one day, it was almost too hard to believe. We had actually hired Bo Pelini to be our coach. It was like marrying the girl that you had thought was out of your league. It really does pain me to see that Bo never became half the coach that we had oh-so wanted him to be. Yes, he runs a clean program and we have good graduation rates. He deserves credit for that. But we all know that really doesn’t mean much if your team is terrible. The main reason for which Bo was hired has never come to fruition. Not even close. It's time for Bo to go. We’d all be better for it. Breaking up always hurts for a short time, but, in the long run, it always ends up for the better. We need to put sentimentalism aside and just make the hard decision. Let him go.

Fixed it

Hard to argue with, I'll give you that.

Part of the starkness of this whole situation is the fact that you have players like Kenny Bell, Ameer Abdullah, Quincy Enunwa, etc., etc. With the talent we have on offense, and the talent we allegedly have on defense, getting physically and mentally whipped by perennial bottom feeders points to systemic coaching failure. If it isn't the talent, it's the coaching.

Clock management. Roster management. QB management. Take your pick. Come one, come all.

I'm also at a loss trying to come up with something Bo brings to the table as a coach. As a person, by all accounts he's wonderful. Kind, compassionate, goes out of his way to help the community, things like Jack's tear-jerking touchdown run. All point to the character of Bo. But it's not his character that got him hired. It's his coaching ability.

Where has that gotten us?

5 reasons to keep him

1- Promising talent on defense for the next 3 years playing as freshmen

2- Tenure....also its fricking October. Fire him now and we miss a bowl.

3 - He runs a clean ship. No worry about sanctions. Cant price that out.

4- Minnesota is actually a pretty decent team, players just didnt know that.

5- I really dont want to turn into a revolving door program. Bo seems pretty loyal.

Oh. So we have to convince our players that a team is decent before they start trying and not get their asses handed to them? No...never mind...even when it is a team that they KNOW is good...they still get their asses handed to them.

I think it's pretty easy to see that the preparation and focus is severely lacking. The quotes from various players over the last few years hasn't put my mind to ease on that.

I read this entire thread this morning on my break. It was a really good read. Good to hear everyone's thoughts.

I am wondering what job opportunities would come Bo's way if he were let go. Would it be a head coach and where? Would it be a DC and where? Would he land a better job then NU?

How one answers that might determine if you want to keep him or move on.

I got off the "Bo Bandwagon" on Sunday. I am not proud of that or even happy about it.

I am sad at the state of Husker football.