Come on Husker fans. A loss to Minnesota wasn't all that big of a deal

tmfr15

But is it bad to ask for a conference title when the last one this team won was in the last millennium? That seems to be the thing Husker fans most desire right now, and while certainly difficult to achieve, don't tell me fans can't have that expectation.

They (we) can. How many more coaches do you want to try?

I get where you are coming from TheSker, but the last five games were all toss ups last year. And we were in better position with a healthy QB back then.

Northwestern.... rallied/ won on last poss

Michigan... won after their QB was out

Michigan State... rallied/ won on last poss

Penn State... won thanks to some late game punting heroics and an "interesting call" near the goal line.

Iowa... slept walked to that one. It was closer than it should have been. We are worse this year and they are better.

And honestly, after the win at Iowa, did most people sound upset? No, we were pretty darn pleased up to that point, because we at least saw some damn resilience out of Nebraska, something I hadn't seen in some time, and I greatly enjoyed it. I will say it again and again, last regular season was the most enjoyable regular season for me as a fan since 2001 because outside of the Ohio State and UCLA games it kinda felt like old Nebraska again: Wear 'em down, tire 'em out. It was fun.

But is it bad to ask for a conference title when the last one this team won was in the last millennium? That seems to be the thing Husker fans most desire right now, and while certainly difficult to achieve, don't tell me fans can't have that expectation.

They (we) can. How many more coaches do you want to try?

I don't care if we keep Bo Pelini or not, I just want to see some progress out of this team.

The record of wins and losses is not the issue.

If Pelini were to be fired, do you think this would be in the job description for the next coach?

Instead of battling people's views and opinions with comeback questions, could you answer your own and move on? You really don't have to go after all who disagree with what you think. Just a suggestion.

• Fire 3

If Pelini were to be fired, do you think this would be in the job description for the next coach?

Why would it be? It's not the issue because he's been consistently getting the 9 or so wins Nebraskans generally expect as the baseline for a reasonable season when you're looking at the record.

I'm not saying Bo should be fired. I think he should be kept if he will bring in outside help at the coordinator spots. Those are the changes we need. But if he can't make those changes after this season, then he probably never will, and it's time to start shopping.

Why would it be? It's not the issue because he's been consistently getting the 9 or so wins Nebraskans generally expect as the baseline for a reasonable season when you're looking at the record.

I'm not saying Bo should be fired. I think he should be kept if he will bring in outside help at the coordinator spots. Those are the changes we need. But if he can't make those changes after this season, then he probably never will, and it's time to start shopping.

If Pelini is let go, I'd expect improvement starting year 1 from the next coach since that's exactly what we got from Pelini. The only way to improve is 10 wins including a conference championship. I have no idea what will be done with the coordinators, if anything. What I'd like to see right now.....as in this week.....is to find a possible answer at MLB and a quarterback who will keep the chains moving on offense.

http:// http://www.knowitall...-history-media/

Nebraska fans should not expect a certain level of success. Guess we all should not be bothered by this Minnesota result. These things happen. Maybe next year. Guess we are doing good enough.

Ah yes... the road to complete irrelevance.

This guy plans to lead. Anybody want to follow?

Didn't think so.

Back up a bit . Losing to MN is an incredibly horrible thing, period. Take that a lose to this state that would rather be a province of Canada than part of the USA just plain stinks. I know your Mama calls you Richard but I'll just call you, Dick. T_O_B

You don't know? Did you forget what you posted a little bit ago?

If Pelini is let go, I'd expect improvement starting year 1 from the next coach since that's exactly what we got from Pelini. The only way to improve is 10 wins including a conference championship.

Even completely ignoring that, it's obvious you only care about the record, which is pretty laughable. At this point, I'm a bit unsure if you're a troll or not. Help me decide?

The answer lies somewhere in the middle, I think.

There are good, valid, and sobering points made in that article. But he also misses the mark on some of his trajectories.

Personally, I don't expect greatness. I don't expect anything really. I just hope. That way, when it comes, it's a joyful and rewarding experience, and when it doesn't, it's not a negative experience.