Interview with Bo this morning

It has become obvious the real problem is the rest of college football is so doped up they might as well all have third testicles. But our program is run cleanly and it puts us at a severe disadvantage.

Oh gawd, here we go again. It's so f'd up hearing about how the 'greatest fans in football' are willing to toss away any sense of morality if it means more wins.

Worked in the 90s.

I couldn't care less to what people think of angry Bo. I want to see that again!

What people forget about that infamous A&M game is that the refs weren't punishing Bo for being angry, or questioning a call, or for Nebraska leaving the Big 12. They were punishing him for calling them c**ksuckers. Repeatedly. With spittle coming out of his mouth.

His own players and assistant coaches were getting the same treatment on the sideline.

Was it really any worse than what Nick Saban does? Yes. Yes it was.

By the way, we lost that A&M game. Angry Bo motivated nobody, other than the refs.

I couldn't care less to what people think of angry Bo. I want to see that again!

What people forget about that infamous A&M game is that the refs weren't punishing Bo for being angry, or questioning a call, or for Nebraska leaving the Big 12. They were punishing him for calling them c**ksuckers. Repeatedly. With spittle coming out of his mouth.

His own players and assistant coaches were getting the same treatment on the sideline.

Was it really any worse than what Nick Saban does? Yes. Yes it was.

By the way, we lost that A&M game. Angry Bo motivated nobody, other than the refs.

Except the refs were out to screw us before the game even started. Yes, I'm sure angry Bo put lighter fluid on an already raging fire, but lets not pretend that the refs and Dan Beebe weren't going to do that from the get go.

What people forget about that infamous A&M game is that the refs weren't punishing Bo for being angry, or questioning a call, or for Nebraska leaving the Big 12. They were punishing him for calling them c**ksuckers. Repeatedly. With spittle coming out of his mouth. His own players and assistant coaches were getting the same treatment on the sideline. Was it really any worse than what Nick Saban does? Yes. Yes it was. By the way, we lost that A&M game. Angry Bo motivated nobody, other than the refs.
Except the refs were out to screw us before the game even started. Yes, I'm sure angry Bo put lighter fluid on an already raging fire, but lets not pretend that the refs and Dan Beebe weren't going to do that from the get go.

Oh yeah. I hated that game. It made everyone look bad.

I'd like to buy into the Dan Beebe, theory. Certainly possible. Hardly a given. Like most conspiracy theories you have to consider the possibllity of a leak. If a ref confirms that he had instructions from above to job the Huskers, that's a huge sh#tstorm for Beebe and the Big 12. Much worse than just letting the Huskers go out with an extra win. Predjudicial refs? Sure. It happens. Really pisses you off, too. But if the question is whether Angry Bo helps or hurts, I don't see any evidence that he helps. If it pisses the refs off even more, spurs the College Station crowd to get even louder, and leaves your own players looking humiliated on the sideline and making mistakes on the field, it's not a motivating quality.

The officiating was atrocious in that game, no doubt about it. But it just seems odd that if it was a conspiracy, the powers that be would choose that game to screw the Huskers. Why that game? We were already out of the national title hunt, and it did basically nothing to put us out of the conference title hunt. We still made the championship game, and the officiating was as good as you can ask for in that game.

The officiating was atrocious in that game, no doubt about it. But it just seems odd that if it was a conspiracy, the powers that be would choose that game to screw the Huskers. Why that game? We were already out of the national title hunt, and it did basically nothing to put us out of the conference title hunt. We still made the championship game, and the officiating was as good as you can ask for in that game.

We also didn't play very well against A&M.

Hey Junior, just Michigan? I've always thought that this stretch would be even harder this time around. That was an incredible run we had with so many come from behind wins. That's why I believe each team put a circle around us after the game. Michigan State, Northwestern for sure. Heck even Penn State was up 20-6 early, and they blew up over the fourth quarter end zone call. So that's a Happy Valley whiteout visit. And yes Michigan hasn't lost at home yet under Hoke. It's going to be very interesting the rest of the way. But I am more geared up for these games than the cream puff yawn version teams on the schedule.

At this point in time, I would circle Michigan as a loss. Michigan State does concern me, but I think we do just enough to win. While I understand our defense can't stop the run, I'm not convinced those left on the schedule can stop our run. Assuming Martinez doesn't play much the rest of the season, I'd guess we'll see a heavy dose of Abdullah/Cross.

MSU's defense is for real. Can't see that game as a win unless we make significant strides...we'll make enough mistakes for them to win the game.