Bo-A Class Act to NW Fans

The nation outside of Nebraska has no idea how Bo really is as a person. And that includes many Nebraska fans themselves that live outside the state. The coverage of Nebraska is not nearly extensive and bias enough outside the state to show anything about him other than being a dick on the sidelines on a dozen saturday afternoons in the fall.

Their opinion was made during that aTm game and nothing will change it. I don't think he cares, not should we. I care more about the results of the games than how he acts on the sidelines. I didn't really care about the throat slash that Bill did and I don't care about Bo blowing up during the aTm game. Football is an emotional game and sometimes sh#t happens. Usually it's the people that have never participated in any kind of sport in thier life that get all butthurt about it.

The throat slash, that was one that was blown way out of proportion. It wasn't even a slash. Read his lips he says "I am up to here" to the referee.

The nation outside of Nebraska has no idea how Bo really is as a person. And that includes many Nebraska fans themselves that live outside the state. The coverage of Nebraska is not nearly extensive and bias enough outside the state to show anything about him other than being a dick on the sidelines on a dozen saturday afternoons in the fall.

Their opinion was made during that aTm game and nothing will change it. I don't think he cares, not should we. I care more about the results of the games than how he acts on the sidelines. I didn't really care about the throat slash that Bill did and I don't care about Bo blowing up during the aTm game. Football is an emotional game and sometimes sh#t happens. Usually it's the people that have never participated in any kind of sport in thier life that get all butthurt about it.

The throat slash, that was one that was blown way out of proportion. It wasn't even a slash. Read his lips he says "I am up to here" to the referee.

Even if it was an actual-factual throat slash, getting on Callahan about that was just stupid. People were just displeased with him and piled on anything/everything they could.

Even if it was an actual-factual throat slash, getting on Callahan about that was just stupid. People were just displeased with him and piled on anything/everything they could.

IIRC, and I probably don't, Husker fans didn't really give a crap that he did it, it was just the media. Didn't he even get fined or something like that?

Sound eerily familiar...

Sound eerily familiar...

The only thing next for Bo to be asked the dumbest question that I have ever heard asked to a coach in a press conference. "if you were in position to, would you fire yourself?" Then of course Bill's response is still mocked, "We are doing well in all phases of the game" but I really don't know what else he could say other than F*** you. What did they want him to say...yes? lol.

• Fire 1

Bottom line is, until Bo brings home some crystal footballs, everything he does that is NOT exactly like Tom Osborne is going to be magnified and criticized by many, in and out of Nebraska. It was that way for Solich. It was that way for Callahan.

People fixate too much on the crystal trophies IMO. More impressive to me than the three trophies TO brought home was the list of guys who come out now and say "When I was 19 I was borderline FUBAR and Coach got me turned around in life." That's the important part for me. I can't know if Bo will get his trophies but I feel confident he'll get his list of positively influenced young men.

• Fire 3

From everything I've heard about Bo, he's a tremendous human being. The problem is college football is what they call a results driven business. That said, I myself need to be reminded at times that there's a hell of a lot more to life (or a person) than how many games they win. Whether or not things work out with Bo long term, I hope he's always remembered for the commitment he's shown his players, the community, and this program.

• Fire 1

Bottom line is, until Bo brings home some crystal footballs, everything he does that is NOT exactly like Tom Osborne is going to be magnified and criticized by many, in and out of Nebraska. It was that way for Solich. It was that way for Callahan.

That is the problem, nobody is like Tom, even Tom himself needs to realize that. The realistic goals should be Conference Champtionships and BCS Bowl appearances/wins. The MNC will come in time once you get to the level that you are winning conference titles as that level was where Tom spent most of his career.. That is the problem with Bo, he doesn't seem capable of taking us to that next level.

But let's be fair...it's human nature to see a hothead as a jerk....even though we all blow up at times.

Did you see the NW coach during the game?

Pat Fitgerald just drives me nuts. He bounces around like a child and cries for penalties on every play. Good coach, and I hear a good guy. But come gameday I just cant stand watching him. Seen it on tv twice and in person once, whole freaking game was like he was doing the YMCA.