mvp of 2005 season

Since the 2005 season is over, who is the MVP of the team.

#1-Zac Taylor.I belive he saved the football program.

#2-Cory Ross.Was the best runner and a good receiver.Class act.

#3-Linebacking core.Without Stu,Rudd, and Corey, the huskers might be 4-8.

Last, it is nice to be back.It's been a couple of months since I have been

on the message board.From 5-6 to 8-4 with a bowl win, I think we a starting

to see a turnaround with the football program.Congrats to the 2005 team.What

a rollercoaster of a season.Can't wait for 2006. GO BIG RED!!!

I would place my vote for the linebacking core. It seemed at times we had to depend on the defense to carry us through some of our wins. It is a great feeling knowing that we will be getting all of these guys back next year. They made some great comments on ESPN about McKeon being only a sophomore and to watch out for him in the future. He will be a force to be reckoned with. He reminds of a Ohio St linebacker. They always seem to have those hard-nosed linebackers. McKeon being fast doesn't hurt either! GO BIG RED!

I am going to San Antonio next week so I will definitely stop by and visit the Alamo for the first time! Remember the Alamo!!

Since the 2005 season is over, who is the MVP of the team.

#1-Zac Taylor.I belive he saved the football program.

#2-Cory Ross.Was the best runner and a good receiver.Class act.

#3-Linebacking core.Without Stu,Rudd, and Corey, the huskers might be 4-8.

Last, it is nice to be back.It's been a couple of months since I have been

on the message board.From 5-6 to 8-4 with a bowl win, I think we a starting

to see a turnaround with the football program.Congrats to the 2005 team.What

a rollercoaster of a season.Can't wait for 2006. GO BIG RED!!!

:yeah:thumbs

Go Big Red!

My vote would go to Taylor. Here is why:

Ross- What an amazing leader and player. Stepped up when he had to and made some great plays. A true Husker. Hard to vote against him.

Linebackers- Great, highly motivated, aggressive, and just the "I will go out there and kick your ass" group that we want at Nebraska. Had moments where they really shined. Can't wait to have them all healthy again. Hopefully, they will say hello to Josh Freeman for all of us real soon. Again, hard to vote against them.

I also need to mention Nate Swift. What a in a clutch WR. He made a lot of catches this season. I think he will be a star for this team down the road. Also, Terrence Nunn. He had an up and down year, but boy did he come through in the Alamo Bowl.

Taylor - Came in from a juco program. Struggled at first and received much criticism. Took a beating I would not wish on anyone (except next years KSU QB) behind a young offensive line. Through all, he never gave up, he fought back in games that many would roll over and quit. He truly led this offense IMO. He made throws when they HAD to be made. I cannot say enough about the respect that he gained from me this season. My vote goes to Taylor.

Next year is going to be fun. I cannot wait.

:power:power:power:power:power

I agree with the initial post.....

#1 = Taylor.... he DEFINATELY SAVED THIS PROGRAM

#2 = McKeon.... he is the spark we needed on the d-side of field

#3 = Ross..... a true class act and leader

Honorable Mention = Young WR core of Swift, Nunn, Peterson

Young O-line who seemed to not "give-up"

BC deserves to be menitoned too..... I know he is not a player, but he refused to let this team believe the criticism that was being spewed, especially in October..

I have stated many times that I am not a die-hard BC supporter, but I am starting to come around.... He seems to really care about his guys..... He was definatley classy at the post-game celebration..... thanked Alamo people, proud of players, thanked fans.....

I think you can make a case for several individuals to be the team MVP this season. I think your final three have to be Zac Taylor, Cory Ross, and Corey McKeon. And I think that is the order of how they would finish. Zac because of the beating he took all season long and never really showing signs of cracking under the constant pressure. Cory, because he is a model Husker in every sense of the word. Both on and off the field he is exceptional. He will be missed. Finally, Corey I think deserves mentioning here because of the injuries our LB's suffered this year and he being the remaining constant on defense. He assumed the leadership role after Bradley went down in my opinion. I know everyone will have their own opinions on this, and like I said, cases can be made for a lot of players and their impacts.

I realize the P in MVP stands for player, and without Taylor or Ross we would have floundered, but to me the most valuable contribution came from the defensive line. Their ability to pressure the quarterback and stop the run (most of the time) made it possible for the Blackshirts to dominate. Just remember how much the defense suffered last year, when we couldn't get a "push" with our front four? Not this year...

I realize the P in MVP stands for player, and without Taylor or Ross we would have floundered, but to me the most valuable contribution came from the defensive line. Their ability to pressure the quarterback and stop the run (most of the time) made it possible for the Blackshirts to dominate. Just remember how much the defense suffered last year, when we couldn't get a "push" with our front four? Not this year...

Great point.

McKeon - leadership.

Defensive line - pressure we didn't have last year and responsible for us leading in sacks this year.

Taylor - gutsy quarterback who gets better each week.

Ross - not an impressive year as last year. But like McKeon, displays that leadership our team has needed.

Congdon - Got better throughout the year. Kicked a game-winning field goal beyond 40 yds in a whipping wind.

Nate Swift - turned into a dependable position receiver

ANy of these could conceivably deserve MVP. When all is said is done. I think Zac Taylor is the guy. He is a gritty leader who has appeared to learn the system is a short period of time. Without him (and you need to go back to last year for a comparasion) we would have been SOL this year, IMO

I would have to say the attitude of this Team. They had a refuse to lose attitude and played hard for 4 quarters all season, regardless of how many points they were behind.

So many players step up this season to help this team over achieve.

Ross was the Verbal Leader and best Runner while also having big games as a reciever. Not only was he verbaly a leader, he played with a lot of heart and let his actions speak even louder than his words.

Taylor step in and showed toughness and the ability to make plays when needed.

The LBs were unbeleavable. The depth at LB was probably the best I have seen. LBs went down starting the best in game 1. But whoever had to step in also step up and made plays.

The DL did an outstanding job getting pressure in pass defense and keeping the OL off of the LBs in run defense.