what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

Nebraska is -28 in TO since Bo arrived. Unfortunately, this is not an anomaly, this is commonplace. This team has been their own worst enemy for 6 years now under Bo.

I use the term 'systemic' issues for a reason. There are areas of improvement under Bo, but realistically we just don't do certain things very well and haven't for a long time. The complete disappearance of special teams (except to cause turnovers) is more troubling than I think people give it credit for. Someone explain to me why Nebraska is so good that it can be the one team in the conference to never take a punt forward or (heaven forbid) block a kick?

• Fire 2

If you are putting this games miscues on the coaching staff, you have NO idea what the hell your talking about. These players need to hold each other accountable for their actions.

I thought this was a fair point . . . 4 years ago.

This is a whole new set of players.

This this and more this. I sometimes wonder if certain posters have actually followed Nebraska football for the past 6 years...

And I wonder why people follow Husker football when they do nothing but bitch about the team.

I agree, they're almost as bad as the people who join a Husker fan forum to predominantly complain about Husker fans.

• Fire 3

Nebraska is -28 in TO since Bo arrived. Unfortunately, this is not an anomaly, this is commonplace. This team has been their own worst enemy for 6 years now under Bo.

I use the term 'systemic' issues for a reason. There are areas of improvement under Bo, but realistically we just don't do certain things very well and haven't for a long time. The complete disappearance of special teams (except to cause turnovers) is more troubling than I think people give it credit for. Someone explain to me why Nebraska is so good that it can be the one team in the conference to never take a punt forward or (heaven forbid) block a kick?

Coaches like Bill Snyder and Frank Beamer make their living off special teams and field position...it's easy hidden yards...the fact that we don't have a dedicated ST coach says to me that Bo still doesn't know what he's doing as a HC....I know that sounds harsh but come on...3 areas of the game and you don't have a dedicated coach to all 3????

If you are putting this games miscues on the coaching staff, you have NO idea what the hell your talking about. These players need to hold each other accountable for their actions.

I thought this was a fair point . . . 4 years ago.

This is a whole new set of players.

This this and more this. I sometimes wonder if certain posters have actually followed Nebraska football for the past 6 years...

I wonder if some people have followed Nebraska for the last 30 years as I have.

Seeing how I'm only 32 that would have been tough to do but I know my dad was following back then. I remember as far back as 91 when I was about 10...Not sure what this has to do with anything though because I haven't seen a Nebraska team this turnover prone ever....though Solich's teams were close...

You are not a TRUE FAN!!!! FULL RETARD!!! :sarcasm (it is a joke please do not report me)

When this kind of think happened 2 and years ago, I used them as excuses for not winning the game. It was the same ole "we're the better team but we did this and gave them that?" Remember that notion against South Carolina 2 years ago? All the players believed they were better, but couldnt execute it. Then last year rolls around and we find a way to win in miraculous fashion time and time again, which allowed the blinders to be put on in regards to the constant mistakes. A lot of people were dooped by those wins last year, myself included, and for some reason it just keeps happening. If these five turnovers today were just a fluke thing and it happened, I would be more proud of the effort to battle through them as we did. But I'm tired of it because it's a full blown pattern.

• Fire 1

1. Beck is pulling a Watson, wasting a solid defensive performance with bad play calls

2. TA is TMagic Lite

3. Randy Gregory putting in another solid performance

4. Not blitzing on downs when you need to blitz, hurts...

5. The coaching staff might be hurting our "athletic" defenses ability to attack

6. Half as many TO's and we win

7. Sad to see another solid performance by Abdullah wasted

8. Special team is coached by a professor from the English department

I guess the pasture is always greener on the other side for some.

If you think this pasture is green then that's your opinion. I like Bo. I want him to get better but he needs to hire competent people around him that can improve the staff. This team reminds me of the last 3...sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...that's our identity...

NU coaches fail to put all 3 phases of the game together once again....

That's a load of crap. The coaches had a good gameplan today. 5 fumbles will do any team in. Those fumbles weren't on the coaches. We have a patchwork offense with a lot of injuries. Coaches had a very good plan for what they had to work with. This loss is not on the coaches.

So you liked that punt return plan and the plan to cover sparty's punt returns?

When this kind of think happened 2 and years ago, I used them as excuses for not winning the game. It was the same ole "we're the better team but we did this and gave them that?" Remember that notion against South Carolina 2 years ago? All the players believed they were better, but couldnt execute it. Then last year rolls around and we find a way to win in miraculous fashion time and time again, which allowed the blinders to be put on in regards to the constant mistakes. A lot of people were dooped by those wins last year, myself included, and for some reason it just keeps happening. If these five turnovers today were just a fluke thing and it happened, I would be more proud of the effort to battle through them as we did. But I'm tired of it because it's a full blown pattern.

Applause.gif

I guess the pasture is always greener on the other side for some.

If you think this pasture is green then that's your opinion. I like Bo. I want him to get better but he needs to hire competent people around him that can improve the staff. This team reminds me of the last 3...sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...that's our identity...

I will agree with you 1000000% on the assistants...I am NOT fond of Beck at all. What frustrates me more then anything is the players not being aggressive enough, especially on offense.

1. MSU Defense was not impressive. Nebraska ran all they wanted to one them

2. MSU forced 2 of the 5 TO's. The other 3 were hand wrapped by our own doing. The INT may even count as an unforced TO but I'll give them credit on that one.

3. OSU beats them handily because they know how to handle the moment and not sh*t the bed.

4. The Defense played phenomenal and I think we have a really great unit going forward.

I learned MSU's D is not all it's cracked up to be and that we made them look like the better team by gift wrapping 5 turnovers all IMO mistakes by our players. Something has to be done about this. This has been a Pelini era cancer that spread throughout the team. Is it because they use older footballs, is it mental? Who knows... what I do know is our defense is good but not great. They aren't the 09 Huskers where they can have their backs against the wall, block FG attempts, goal line stands, etc.