WR Niles Paul

The only way we have a chance to win state is if our offensive cordinator finds out a better way to use Niles in our offense. All they did last year was throw the ball up to him 40 yards down the field. They did this about 8-10 times a game, so he would have 5 or 6 catches. The lack of screens, outs, ins, posts, or even reverses was evident. His stats could have been so much better, but the coaches don't use him the way they should. It was really frustrating seeing so much talent on the field, but not using it very well. I hope we can win state, but I really don't think we can unless Bates has improved his accuracy and awareness in the pocket, and our coaches get Paul the ball more than five times a game.

I suggest puting him in the backfield sometimes and letting him and Bates run the option. Let Niles run the ball, get some big gains. If not, don't just Randy Moss it all game, throw a frickin out once in a while.

• 1 month later...

Paul looked pretty good tonight against Central, but almost got burnt near the end of the game. At his DB position, a sweep came to his side, he got caught out of position or didn't count on the RB being that fast, but the Central RB ran right past him and Paul had to catch him from behind.

But at WR he looks pretty damn fine, especially mechanic wise. He took a few 5 yard hitches and was a hair from breaking them. Everything he catches is with his hands out, away from his body. Textbook ability. He caught the game winning ptouchdown on a deep drag across the field.

He finished the night with 6 catches for 102 yards and of course that winning touchdown. Not a bad night

Honestly, if him and Bates stay healthy I look to him having close to a 800 maybe 900 yards receiving this year. The coaches do a lot to get the ball in his hands. Sometimes a little to obvious, but no one can stop him.