Ohio State's Fraudulent 23 Game Winning Streak

They did beat Wisconsin and they aren't bad.

the same wisconsin team that would have only 1 loss right now if not for the refs screwing them in the arizona state game.

Most underrated team in the country. Essentially two plays away from being undefeated and absolutely dominating a lot of their opponents.

the same wisconsin team that would have only 1 loss right now if not for the refs screwing them in the arizona state game.

Most underrated team in the country. Essentially two plays away from being undefeated and absolutely dominating a lot of their opponents.

Michigan State is underrated as well at #11 based on their body of work. They really should be undefeated if they could have found any offensive production against Notre Dame.

The B1G as a whole is under-valued.

Michigan State is underrated as well at #11 based on their body of work. They really should be undefeated if they could have found any offensive production against Notre Dame.

The B1G as a whole is under-valued.

Perhaps if we ever had a winning record in bowl games people may start respecting the conference. Until then I can't agree with your statement. Sparty is barely a top 20 team in my opinion. Top to bottom the Big 10 is pretty weak compared to the Pac 12 and the SEC.

Some facts that expose Ohio State's current win streak as a fraud:

1. In two seasons, they have not played a team in the top 15.

2. The highest ranked team that they have beaten in the last two seasons is #16 Northwestern this year.

3. Their non-conference opponents for the last two seasons:

a. Miami of Ohio

b. UCF

c. Cal (twice. Cal's record in these two years is 4-19)

d. UAB

e. Buffalo

f. San Diego State

g. Florida A&M

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be undefeated. And, yes, it does take skill to go undefeated even against super weak schedules (Just ask Boise State). However, Ohio State has literally played NOBODY of note. Yes, it's not their fault that the Big 10 has sucked, but it's 8 out of conference games have been pathetic. Also, they dodged any real team last year when they did not have to play in a bowl game. The simple fact is that they are a completely unproven commodity. I hate to see a team that has a patsy non-conference schedule get rewarded.

1.) What ranking is Wisconsin currently?

2.) What ranking is Wisconsin currently?

3.)

b.)Didn't they destroy the SEC last year and have been holding their own this year?

e.)Aren't they winning their conference?

f.) Aren't they going to a bowl game? (And you can blame Vanderbilt for cancelling on OSU)

g.) you can blame Cincinnati for cancelling on OSU

What about this.

Ohio State will have played more above .500 teams than Alabama this season.

Ohio State will have played more ranked teams than Florida State this season.

Exactly. I pretty much count their game at Arizona State (another wildly underrated team by most of America) as a win. I think Sagarin's predictor has Wisconsin at #7 or something. They're good.

In that case, Florida State should be held to the same standard. They've beaten 1 good team this year, who I doubt is all that good at all. (Clemson)

Ouch. I knew we weren't a #3 team, but I really don't think we're that bad. We did beat a healthy Georgia team before all of their injuries.

Ohio State beat a healthy Northwestern too, but you don't see anyone excusing them after 20 different players are out with injuries.

any arguments about who teams beat being good or bad based on rankings is sketchy at best. as long as we have preseason rankings (so... forever) the rankings will be skewed toward whatever conference is perceived to be good at the beginning of the season, with teams from conferences the media doesn't like at a disadvantage. these preconceived notions will continue to affect the rankings as the season goes on. this is the reason that while SEC teams beat each other up, with nobody dropping very far in the rankings, it will be perceived as the entire conference being outstanding. at the same time, the same thing happens in the B1G, and it therefore obviously must mean that nobody in the conference is good, because they struggle to be dominant against each other.

don't get me wrong, the SEC IS the best conference in the country right now. living down here with all their insufferable fanbases makes it hard to admit it, but it is a fact. however the gap is not NEARLY as large as the rankings generated by media outlets with a financial stake in their continued success make it out to be.

i guess the point of this rant is to make sure we keep some perspective. just because a team is ranked does not necessarily mean they are any better than a team who is not. we can all agree on who the very best are, but outside of that the rankings aren't really very important. we won't really know anything about how the conferences match up against each other until the bowl games are played.

I'd be willing to bet that our top 3 (OSU, Michigan St, Wisconsin) would be able to compete against the SEC's top 3 (Alabama, Missouri, Auburn). I figure we'd win 2 out of those three matchups (with OSU Alabama being the only unsure one)

Eh, I don't agree with this. Sparty sucks man. You'll see it when you play them. You and Wisky are a step above them. I think Wisky would beat Mizzou but not sure about Auburn. I would love for you guys to take down Satan and Bama but I just don't see it happening. I think the only team that can take down Bama is FSU and with the whole QB controversy there I suspect stupid Bama will win again which pisses me off.