Talent loss if Bo is gone

Thank thesker........ Folks don't remember that. Game had passed Osborne by.....option is to predictable......but the powers that be stayed with Osborne. For example, we used to have one game a year basically. OU. go to bowl game and get beat by the Florida schools.

1989 orange bowl.....lost to Miami

1990 fiesta bowl.....lost to FSU

1991 citrus.....lost to Georgia tech

1992 orange......lost to Miami.

Dates could be screwed up going on memory. But we had a reputation for not being able to win the bowl games. 9-10 .win seasons and folks still were wanting him out. So what gives???

Maybe we stay the course one or two more years.

Where do people come up with this crap? Go back and look at our schedules. In 1980, we played a ranked FSU and a ranked Penn State team before we started conference play. Same thing in 1981. In 1982 we played a ranked Penn State team and a ranked Auburn team before our conference play started.

Florida State several more times, UCLA several times, ranked ASU teams, etc. There was more to our season than just OU and people need to start realizing it. OU was just the team that we had a heckuva time getting past.

The bottom line is we played 2 ranked opponents prior to conference play 5 times in the 80s and played at least 1 ranked non-conference game 4 of the other 5 years. We averaged about 4 ranked teams per year played. Not any different than what Bo faces now.

The reason we couldn't win bowl games is because we were playing top 5 teams every year because we won most of the matchups vs. ranked opponents during the season.

And again, even with Osborne's accomplishments, there were still those who wanted him gone. That's part of the reason why my concern about Pelini is low. There's always going to be a certain number who want any coach gone. And for those who throw the term "progress" out as a reason for wanting to change coaches, how is it possible Osborne's program progressed every year since he was coach for 25 years? It could be said Osborne regressed immediately since we were winning national championships when he took over.......yet we didn't win the next one until 1994. There were years during Osborne's tenure when we obviously regressed. And yes, I agree we were consistent in the rankings under Osborne. We should have been......he took over a back to back national championship program. Can't say that for Pelini, can we?

When you're a perennial top 5 team you're going to have to regress once in awhile. What traits do Pelini's teams have that Osborne's did? In year 15 of Bo's tenure are you still going to be using Callahan as an excuse? People calling for TO's job back then were idiots. You know why? Because we were on a ride of unparalleled success prior to him taking over and people were spoiled. Pelini took over a team with a losing record. He had a pretty long leash coming in. We're far from spoiled anymore. He's shown no progress. The same mistakes. The same mental breakdowns. Are you sure you're not an Iowa fan? Because you sure remind me of them.

• Fire 1

Thank thesker........ Folks don't remember that. Game had passed Osborne by.....option is to predictable......but the powers that be stayed with Osborne. For example, we used to have one game a year basically. OU. go to bowl game and get beat by the Florida schools.

Dates could be screwed up going on memory. But we had a reputation for not being able to win the bowl games. 9-10 .win seasons and folks still were wanting him out. So what gives???

Where do people come up with this crap? Go back and look at our schedules. In 1980, we played a ranked FSU and a ranked Penn State team before we started conference play. Same thing in 1981. In 1982 we played a ranked Penn State team and a ranked Auburn team before our conference play started.

Florida State several more times, UCLA several times, ranked ASU teams, etc. There was more to our season than just OU and people need to start realizing it. OU was just the team that we had a heckuva time getting past.

The bottom line is we played 2 ranked opponents prior to conference play 5 times in the 80s and played at least 1 ranked non-conference game 4 of the other 5 years. We averaged about 4 ranked teams per year played. Not any different than what Bo faces now.

The reason we couldn't win bowl games is because we were playing top 5 teams every year because we won most of the matchups vs. ranked opponents during the season.

And again, even with Osborne's accomplishments, there were still those who wanted him gone. That's part of the reason why my concern about Pelini is low. There's always going to be a certain number who want any coach gone. And for those who throw the term "progress" out as a reason for wanting to change coaches, how is it possible Osborne's program progressed every year since he was coach for 25 years? It could be said Osborne regressed immediately since we were winning national championships when he took over.......yet we didn't win the next one until 1994. There were years during Osborne's tenure when we obviously regressed. And yes, I agree we were consistent in the rankings under Osborne. We should have been......he took over a back to back national championship program. Can't say that for Pelini, can we?

When you're a perennial top 5 team you're going to have to regress once in awhile. What traits do Pelini's teams have that Osborne's did? In year 15 of Bo's tenure are you still going to be using Callahan as an excuse? People calling for TO's job back then were idiots. You know why? Because we were on a ride of unparalleled success prior to him taking over and people were spoiled. Pelini took over a team with a losing record. He had a pretty long leash coming in. We're far from spoiled anymore. He's shown no progress. The same mistakes. The same mental breakdowns. Are you sure you're not an Iowa fan? Because you sure remind me of them.

I don't see where I mentioned Callahan's name in my post, so Callahan is not an excuse. The direction the football program went was on more shoulders than Callahan's. I'm not even comparing Pelini and Osborne. Like I wrote in my post, the program was vastly different for each of them when they took it over. Pelini has done a good job with the program since taking it over. Could someone else do better? Possibly.....don't know......and while some would be willing to give it a try.....my guess is our AD is more careful about risk than that when talking about a machine just under $100 million in revenue. That's not something you roll the dice about. Not sure what the Iowa fan comment has to do with the Husker program.

The difference is that two of those bowls were Orange Bowls....which means that we were conference champions. Which is something Bo hasn't been able to do in his time here. That is why any comparisons between Bo and Tom are way off base. Tom was undeservedly catching heat for not being able to win MNC's. Bo is deservedly catching heat for not being able to win a conference championship and losing at least four games a year no matter how easy the schedule is.

Tom was undeservedly catching heat for not being able to win MNC's. Bo is deservedly catching heat for not being able to win a conference championship and losing at least four games a year no matter how easy the schedule is.

You can word things to fit an agenda, but Osborne was catching heat for more than not being able to win MNCs. There were times Osborne didn't win the 8 team conference and lost in a blow out.

Tom was undeservedly catching heat for not being able to win MNC's. Bo is deservedly catching heat for not being able to win a conference championship and losing at least four games a year no matter how easy the schedule is.

You can word things to fit an agenda, but Osborne was catching heat for more than not being able to win MNCs. There were times Osborne didn't win the 8 team conference and lost in a blow out.

Yes, because if it's only 8 teams you should win it every year. Please tally up all the times OU, Colorado or NU played for a national championship for their bowl game and compare that to the mighty Big 10 in the same time span. Talk about wording things to fit an agenda....

Totally different deal between the two. Tom had unsatisfied fans, no question, yes he almost left. But then he decided to change the program, get more speed, and tried everything under the sun to improve and please the fans. Bo seems to like to cause conflict, broadening his us against the world pulpit.

Bo is his worst problem, not the fans. If he does not learn that, and quickly 2014 will be his last year. I see empty seats at the top of the stadium, some say because the students move down, not sure how that works. I have heard the boosters are buying some seats to continue the sellout streak. If and I say if that is true, how long will that go on.

Many people are not happy with Bo, not just a few on this board. What that percentage is, and if it is growing is what will make the decision for our AD. Not whining about loving Bo or hating Nebraska.

Bo has grown since arriving here, but he still does not understand the PR procedure, which has a lot to do with every single aspect of selling this program. He had one of the best just down the hall, but it truly does not look like he learned a single thing from the man. Sad to have that wealth of knowledge and not take full advantage of it every single second as a first time head coach. Stubborn some say.

I have heard the boosters are buying some seats to continue the sellout streak. If and I say if that is true, how long will that go on.

This has actually been going on for a very very long time. My boss isnt even what I would call a huge booster, but he has 4 sets of tickets throughout the stadium that he gives away to folks-clients, employees, etc.-and has been for years. And there's numerous cases where some of them dont even get used. I know a sellout is a sellout, and the place does appear to be nearly, if not completely full every game, but it's no stretch to say that the sellout streak is one of the most manipulated concepts there are in college football, But I'm still proud as hell of it. As far as the empty seats at the top of the students section, well, I used to think it was just a dramatic case of them moving down, but I knowing what I know now, it's just a case where if the student witha ticket doesnt want to go to that particular game, that ticket doesnt get used. You used to be able to buy a student ticket for cash and simple go pay a validation fee. Well, now it's not that simply anymore, and the validation fees are outrageious in my opinion. Now, if mommy and daddys little college son doesnt wanna go, the ticket just doesnt get used. My idea? The university should start keeping track. They have barcode scanners. If your ticket fails to get scanned in, you lose your ticket and get bumped to the bottom of the waiting list. 25000 or so undergrads or so, and only 8000 student seats. I guarantee there is a god's plenty of students who would want to go and would fill that section on a routine basis. I just find it coincidental that those huge openings in the students section started when the university complicated the exchange of student tickets and such.

Those are two different things. Idiots on RSS are not equivalent to Shawn Eichorst not saying something at this point.

There are idiots everywhere, even here (I'm an idiot, depending on who you talk to), so for a "fan" to say that to a recruit's parent says more about that fan than it does about Bo's long-term prospects.

And...I've not seen any support for Knappic coming from Eichhorst, so I'm thinking Knappic might not be here after the season. But since HM is the only other site I know about, I'll stick it out here, with or without Knappic.