Talent loss if Bo is gone

I think I join the growing majority in offering full support to Bo for one more season.

Which isn't exactly "full suport" if you think he needs to deliver big next season, or else.

But please. Let's not consider the firing of Bo Pelini "laughable." The pendulum swing around here is crazy. Bo loyalists were jumping ship in droves, first after the UCLA meltdown, then en masse when we lost to Minnesota. The idea of firing Bo wouldn't have been laughable without Jordan Westerkamp's little miracle against Northwestern. It still wouldn't be laughable with a loss to Iowa and a lifeless loss or blowout to a lower-tier bowl opponent. Which could still happen.

I just think Bo and staff went out and earned some faith and trust by completely turning the defense around, and getting young talent to play fearless and scrappy. Getting last second miracles and overtime wins after a horrible call goes against you is part of the psychological turnaround. This may be a mediocre team, but they seem to believe in themselves.

Firing Pelini doesn't make sense right now.

But it made more sense a few weeks ago.

It wasn't the media's fault or the fans' fault or the ADs fault or the assistant coaches' fault. We demanded something better of Bo Pelini, and in the last few weeks I think we've seen it. Until then, I think Bo Pelini had earned all the heat he was getting.

Two more wins, even a scrappy loss, and this turns into a weird but kinda special season. A mystifying blowout and the Pelini firing won't sound laughable again. We can't be entirely sure Bo wants to stay, either.

But for now let's stop the hand-wringing and lynch-mobbing, assure Bo that he's our man (for at least one more season) recruit with a vengence and check back in on the head-coaching situation in a year from now.

• Fire 1

When my father in law and my wife's grandad met Bo in a Hastings gas station this past 4th of July weekend, and Bo found out that g-pa had spent most of his life in Youngstown, Bo struck up a converstation with him and wouldnt let them go, talking about a lot of same folks they knew of and such. What an a-hole. My father in law had sh#t to do that day.

• Fire 3

All this BS reminds me of the first few years of TO as Husker Head Coach. Coming in after Davaney and 2 NC's was tough to say the least. When TO steped down Solich was faced with the unbelievable task of keeping the NC's coming. Problem was he was stuck with Pederson as AD. Callahan was just plain a stupid hire and the two of them (Peddy and Clownahan) did so much damage that it is taking much longer than expected to repair and yes the times have changed and recruiting to the Midwest is a whole lot harder than Florida, California or any one of a lot of schools with warm weather and tan co-eds. I guess what I want to say is that Bo is not the problem, the problem is the impatience of the fan base. In conclusion, for all you "Fire Bo" people, "PUT A SOCK IN IT AND LET'S JUST ENJOY OUR LAST TWO GAMES OF THE 2013 SEASON!!! The months from the Bowl Game to the Spring Game are long and dreary, we can bitch, piss and moan then. T_O_B

I don't think any players would leave. Players said they loved Callahan just as much as they say they love Bo, and I cant think of one player leaving that had any impact. If my son was grown now and had a scholarship to Nebraska, I wouldn't push him to Nebraska. I don't believe in Pelini and his lack of player development is obvious in our lack of NFL draft prospects the last few years (ie Pelini recruits). And stop comparing TO to Pelini, they aren't even close to the same and its insulting you put a legend like TO and a bum like Pelini in the same sentence.

What're swirling stories batting throughout the Pelini Era? .500?

Regarding Bo being a good family man, I have it on good authority this is 100% true. It's also 100% irrelevant to anything. A coach's family life is like an offensive lineman - you should never know anything about it, and if you do, it's probably for a bad reason.

If Bo is fired or resigns....does that mean we start all over?? I mean folks wanted Osborne out and look what happened. I don't know what to think. But I am hearing many rumors from folks close to program. Alabama went through it. USC too. Ohio state with cooper?? Maybe we stay the course.

You are aware that all the teams you mention there fired coaches to get back to being championship caliber right?

Exactly.....but we stuck with Osborne. I'm just glad I'm not making the decision. lol

All this BS reminds me of the first few years of TO as Husker Head Coach. Coming in after Davaney and 2 NC's was tough to say the least. When TO steped down Solich was faced with the unbelievable task of keeping the NC's coming. Problem was he was stuck with Pederson as AD. Callahan was just plain a stupid hire and the two of them (Peddy and Clownahan) did so much damage that it is taking much longer than expected to repair and yes the times have changed and recruiting to the Midwest is a whole lot harder than Florida, California or any one of a lot of schools with warm weather and tan co-eds. I guess what I want to say is that Bo is not the problem, the problem is the impatience of the fan base. In conclusion, for all you "Fire Bo" people, "PUT A SOCK IN IT AND LET'S JUST ENJOY OUR LAST TWO GAMES OF THE 2013 SEASON!!! The months from the Bowl Game to the Spring Game are long and dreary, we can bitch, piss and moan then. T_O_B

+1

Regarding Bo being a good family man, I have it on good authority this is 100% true. It's also 100% irrelevant to anything. A coach's family life is like an offensive lineman - you should never know anything about it, and if you do, it's probably for a bad reason.

It's not about his family. It's more about character (and it certainly doesn't appear to be out of character).

I'd put character into my "good family man" analysis.

it's a given you lose something when you swap out any coach.....you are doing it for change and putting a better product on the field...isn't that why we fired Cally? so, you do or you don't...always comes with 2nd guesses.......

We fired Cally because he was a DICK. He was part of the downfall of two dynasty's. The longer he coaches at Dallas the closer the Cowboys get to becoming Mexico's Team. Nuff said. T_O_B