Venting

nepolo7

I've been a Bo supporter from the beginning, but now I'm thinking that his moving on might be for the best. I think he deserves better than what has been offered here. There's some kinda sickness here and it's gonna kill this program. Some fans have been up his a$$ from the beginning and now are mortified that he snaps under the pressure put on by them and media ghouls.

The party I watched the game at had Iowa and NU fans. Did the Iowa fans bug me? No it was the NU people rooting/cheering for the mishaps. Made me feel sick to be a part of "Big Red". If Bo's actions represent us all, why are the "bad fans" considered to be a small, separate part? As it ended, some guy in a Crouch jersey hollered out "Buh Bye Bo!", ...so I punched him in the jaw. Dropped him right into a coffee table and it was the best I felt all day. I haven't laid hands on a soul in 20yrs, and yet it just felt right...and that's so wrong.

If Bo is let go, I pity the fool next up for the special treatment afforded by the "greatest fans in college football". I think we have more work to do than just replacing a coach.

the fans, the coaches, the media.....all have an affect on a program that is flat out embarassing.....plenty of blame to go around.

be careful, those hay makers can come right back at ya....just sayin.

You use the word "toxic." That's exactly how I was just describing this situation here at the casa. The whole thing is toxic, from Bo's relationship with the fans to the fans' relationship with the players to the officials' relationship to the coaches to the coaches' relationship with the Administration.

Nothing seems to be working right now. And we have so much going for us.

Everyone shares some of the blame, from Bo to the Administration to the Big Ten to the players to the fans. Toxic all around.

Great post, knapp. You've been killing it this week.

As for our beloved team? I don't have any faith in anyone at NU to raise this team up. I think we're in for a long downturn. And, quite frankly, the fanbase needs a couple 3-9 type years to realize how hard it is to be consistently good to great in college football. I hope that doesn't happen, but I have a really bad feeling about the program.

I've been a Bo supporter from the beginning, but now I'm thinking that his moving on might be for the best. I think he deserves better than what has been offered here. There's some kinda sickness here and it's gonna kill this program. Some fans have been up his a$$ from the beginning and now are mortified that he snaps under the pressure put on by them and media ghouls.

The party I watched the game at had Iowa and NU fans. Did the Iowa fans bug me? No it was the NU people rooting/cheering for the mishaps. Made me feel sick to be a part of "Big Red". If Bo's actions represent us all, why are the "bad fans" considered to be a small, separate part? As it ended, some guy in a Crouch jersey hollered out "Buh Bye Bo!", ...so I punched him in the jaw. Dropped him right into a coffee table and it was the best I felt all day. I haven't laid hands on a soul in 20yrs, and yet it just felt right...and that's so wrong.

If Bo is let go, I pity the fool next up for the special treatment afforded by the "greatest fans in college football". I think we have more work to do than just replacing a coach.

You punched a guy over his opinion about a college football coach? That's really, really sad. I don't have the words to express how repugnant that is to me.

• Fire 1

Dont use the few dickwads you watched the game with to label our fanbase. That's bullsh#t. And it wont kill our program. That's ludicrous. Overall, we are tame compared to, well, everyone.

Were you arrested for assault? If not, there should be a lawsuit in your future.

too many years of supporting the raging lunatic we have as a coach?

I think Bo has been dealt a tough hand, yes. If he had burned fewer bridges or won another game here and there a few seasons ago that might be all the difference right now. Impossible for me to cheer a guy's firing on, but similarly, sometimes tough is just tough.

Nobody can say with certainty what is the right course, but it's looking more likely that a change of voice would be beneficial.

• Fire 1

I know there are already a lot of similar topics and threads out there, but I just wanted to get my thoughts out. Feel free to ignore or make fun of it.

My questions:

If Bo comes back is he in a situation to succeed?

If Nebraska moves on, is there steady leadership to hire a new coach? (I am starting to have serious doubts here)

Does this whole athletic department need to look itself in the mirror and figure out its mission statements and find ways to modernize while maintaining tradition?

1. Sure. He's in the perfect situation to win .75%. Even though he's just a .70% kind of guy. 2. Can only hope so. But moving on after everything is a step in the right direction. 3. Character and good sportsmanship across board. Get rid of adidas and join in the nike revolution. Keep the Go Big Red & Husker Power chants.

You use the word "toxic." That's exactly how I was just describing this situation here at the casa. The whole thing is toxic, from Bo's relationship with the fans to the fans' relationship with the players to the officials' relationship to the coaches to the coaches' relationship with the Administration.

Nothing seems to be working right now. And we have so much going for us.

Everyone shares some of the blame, from Bo to the Administration to the Big Ten to the players to the fans. Toxic all around.

Nicely put.

Whether Bo should be kept or not, I really don't see how he could stay. The phrase, "irreconcilable differences" keeps coming to mind. It's like this positive feedback loop where someone does something that only incenses the other side and leads that other side to do something that incenses the first side, and so on. For example, Bo's edginess seemingly irked the media who didn't give him the rosiest treatment, which only further intensified Bo's disdain for the media, which only further increased their needling, which . . .

At this point, I just don't see how things can be unwound.

I'm not terribly proud of my actions, though it was a beauty punch (right cross,1/4 rotation at hips), I lacked the words to express my frustration at the situation. If you can't understand that then you have more than likely never taken a position unless it was publicly endorsed or completely anonymous. I'll deal with the consequences for my actions among my family members and the lawyers will have to scrounge elsewhere. I'm ashamed for what my actions meant, to me, and the anonymous scorn or anonymous repulsion will mean nothing due to my ...anonymity. The point was...when people break, do you ever feel that perhaps you took it too far?

2. Not too sure. But - Eichhorst is the same guy who hired Al Golden down at the U, and they've climbed back into the land of relativity after their years of medocrity.

It doesn't really matter ultimately, but for what it's worth, Eichorst's predecessor Kirby Hocutt hired Golden.

You punched a guy over his opinion about a college football coach? That's really, really sad. I don't have the words to express how repugnant that is to me.

"I've been a Bo supporter from the beginning"

I am a fan of another school in the conference. Which means while interested in Nebraska since they're a conference foe I don't really know a lot about you except for the success you've historically had. And I know your trophy case is full, that you're had great success in the past is a given. But, my question is this: What is your honest expectation for the program NOW? You've got a great history, but it is that -- history. From an outsider looking in it seems like a lot of your fandom has a mindset that was forged 20 or 30 years ago. It is a different world in college football. The entire landscape has changed. NU isn't a consistent top 10 school anymore.

Nebraska is a state with a small population, even if you get every good player in the state you can't fill out a roster with that, you have to recruit elsewhere. Honest question: Why would an out-of-state kid choose to go to NU at this point? It isn't the weather. I am sure your facilities are first-rate, but what else? Is the reputation what you hang your hat on? It doesn't seem like that would be enough.

From my perspective I am trying to understand this in order to get some insight into the coaching situation there. This may be a really bad analogy but Bo kind of reminds me of Bob Knight. There is a reputation of doing some great things with individual players but they have pretty much of a "You can kiss my ass" kind of attitude with the media, boosters and so on. People will look the other way on that if your team is consistently at the top of the heap but if not then it's an embarrassment.