Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 3)

knapplc

Bo Pelini's job security  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's the end of the regular season and it's time to finish up our poll series. I had originally said I'd run this poll four times, but of course I wasn't thinking about logistics when I said that and clearly they're not going to fire Bo after the bowl game. They'll either do it now, within the next week, or they won't do it at all this year.

Here's the link to the first poll from July.

Here's the link to the second poll from late September, after the non-con schedule ended.

It's the end of the regular season and it's time to finish up our poll series. I had originally said I'd run this poll four times, but of course I wasn't thinking about logistics when I said that and clearly they're not going to fire Bo after the bowl game. They'll either do it now, within the next week, or they won't do it at all this year.

Here's the link to the first poll from July.

Here's the link to the second poll from late September, after the non-con schedule ended.

As of that press conference w/ matching audio, it sure got a hell of a lot likelier.

What say you, knapp? Think this is end times stuff?

I like bo, i like how hes brought the program back up from where calahan tore it down. I like how his players have his back and how they seem to stand behind him no matter what. I hate how his side line manners have given the program a bad name. I hate how his teams seem to lack strong fundamentals. I hate how his teams seem to get pushed around in this league. And i hate how he seems to be as awkward at talking to the press as martinez is sometimes. If its his time to go its his time to go and we have no say in that.

I think he's gone. That performance yesterday wasn't the behavior of a man who thinks he's saying, or even wants to stay.

Even if he wanted to stay, he clearly doesn't understand how the head coach of Nebraska should comport himself.

I think he's gone. That performance yesterday wasn't the behavior of a man who thinks he's saying, or even wants to stay.

Even if he wanted to stay, he clearly doesn't understand how the head coach of Nebraska should comport himself.

It seems not. That presser put a bleak spin on that leaked Ohio State audio. Couldn't have scripted a performance better suited to the narrative.

Truth be told I find this whole thing a little surreal. I was fairly sure Pelini was going to get another year even a couple of weeks ago. I didn't think Pelini would self-immolate, as someone else put it.

What is happening is more of a Nebraska problem than a Pelini problem. There are about 7 million reasons why Pelini isn't concerned. There are plenty of reasons for concern about Nebraska football.

the negative publicity Bo has brought to Nebraska could be something that could hurt his standing with those 7 million reasons. i believe they are probably trying to negotiate away about 5 or 6 million of those reasons.

What is happening is more of a Nebraska problem than a Pelini problem. There are about 7 million reasons why Pelini isn't concerned. There are plenty of reasons for concern about Nebraska football.

the negative publicity Bo has brought to Nebraska could be something that could hurt his standing with those 7 million reasons. i believe they are probably trying to negotiate away about 5 or 6 million of those reasons.

That's nothing I would be in the know about. Is it anything other than speculation on your part, or do you have something to back that up?

One of the reasons I expect him to be gone is that he has virtually NO visible active supporters either locally or nationally.

Case in point. Last night on ESPN, (who normally deems us unworthy of even a mention when discussing college football), LED OFF with Bo's presser and then proceeded to rail about how every story concerning Bo negatively reflects on the University..........conveniently ignoring how they are contributing to it). Of course, no mention of the myriad of injuries that have contributed to our debacles on this season. (While they continue to fawn and cover the Florida injury situation as if it impacts the implementation of Obamacare). The Bo story even preceded the tale of Arkansas going winless in the vaunted SEC for the first time in decades. Just when does a losing coaches presser trump an SEC record? When they can trash Nebraska/Bo, that's when.

The fact is that Bo has such a reputation that he is NOT going to get a call; we are NOT going to get positive spin on ESPN or like-minded spouters; and it translates into a need for a fresh start (regardless of whether warranted by record or behavior or not).

That's nothing I would be in the know about. Is it anything other than speculation on your part, or do you have something to back that up?

just speculation. i am not an insider, nor do i claim to have any friends who are insiders. that is why i used words like "could be" and "i believe"