Doubting Husker fan status

tmfr15

My Husker fandom goes back to those years when Husker fans were doubting TO, late 1980s and 90s. I backed Osborne. I was a fan of Solich and felt like his firing was wrong. I endured but hated BC and was glad when TO came back and hired BP. The BP experience has been frustrating because he has not progressed in the last few years and his Bobby Knight complex has continued. I went to Lincoln hoping to see a competitive game and did not even care if we won because of the BWW bowl possibilities vs Big 12. Then Bo acted like an idiot again and proved he can not handle himself with class in the face of adversity. In the hours that have followed fellow fans who have called for Bo to be held accountable for his continued bad behavior have been repeatedly demeaned an fans seem to be lining up behind Bo and totally excusing his actions. That has had a very chilling affect on my status as a fan. As I sit in a room surrounded by Husker merchandise it is hard to imagine not being a fan....but its starting to look more and more likely as the hours pass by.

• Fire 3

My Husker fandom goes back to those years when Husker fans were doubting TO, late 1980s and 90s. Ibacked Osborne. I was a fan of Solich and felt like his firing was wrong. I endured but hated BC and was glad when TO came back and hired BP. The BP experience has been frustrating because he has not progressed in the last few years and his Bobby Knight complex has continued. I went to Lincoln hoping to see a competitivegame and did not even care if we won because of the BWW bowl possibilities vs Big 12. Then Bo acted like an idiot again and proved he can not handle himself with class in the face of adversity. In the hours that have followed fellow fans who have called for Bo to be held accountable for his continued bad behavior have been repeatedly demeaned an fans seem to be lining up behind Bo and totally excusing his actions. That has had a very chilling affect on my status as a fan. As I sit in a room surrounded by Husker merchandise it is hard to imagine not being a fan....but its starting to look more and more likely as the hours pass by.

Exactly.

The earliest "Bo-leavers" have been taking abuse for years. It's worse on HuskerMax where 90% of the members are choking on Bo's salty nuts. If us "Bo-leavers" lash out every once in awhile, it's because of the pent up rage from being demeaned for years, only to finally be proven right.

I don't think it is a fair statement to say every fan that backs Bo is excusing his behavior. All I care about is winning.

We had a very easy scheduel this year (or should of been easy) but in typical fashion we self defeated our selfs time and time again. The program needs to figure out what to do to turn the ship around (if its change AD or HC or other staff who knows above my pay), it is clear we recruit a lot of talent, but being nearly if not last in the country in turn overs is pathetic.

As far as stop being a fan, fair weather much, going to buy an Alabama jersey? Sorry if that is rude but it fustrates me when "fans" threaten to stop being a fan unless xyz happens, well then your not really a fan. I am of the view fans support the team not vice versa if this was the NFL maybe you would have a valid view.

My Husker fandom goes back to those years when Husker fans were doubting TO, late 1980s and 90s. Ibacked Osborne. I was a fan of Solich and felt like his firing was wrong. I endured but hated BC and was glad when TO came back and hired BP. The BP experience has been frustrating because he has not progressed in the last few years and his Bobby Knight complex has continued. I went to Lincoln hoping to see a competitivegame and did not even care if we won because of the BWW bowl possibilities vs Big 12. Then Bo acted like an idiot again and proved he can not handle himself with class in the face of adversity. In the hours that have followed fellow fans who have called for Bo to be held accountable for his continued bad behavior have been repeatedly demeaned an fans seem to be lining up behind Bo and totally excusing his actions. That has had a very chilling affect on my status as a fan. As I sit in a room surrounded by Husker merchandise it is hard to imagine not being a fan....but its starting to look more and more likely as the hours pass by.

Exactly.

The earliest "Bo-leavers" have been taking abuse for years. It's worse on HuskerMax where 90% of the members are choking on Bo's salty nuts.

People who support Bo take just as much crap as those who want him gone. We are all passionate about the Huskers and we all want Nebraska to return to being a powerhouse. Just because we want the same things doesn't mean that we will agree on everything.

If us "Bo-leavers" lash out every once in awhile, it's because of the pent up rage from being demeaned for years, only to finally be proven right.

Again, you aren't being demeaned any more than those that support are being demeaned. There is just as much stuff to support keeping Bo as there is for reasons that he could be cut. You could do that for nearly every coach in the country. I live 15 minutes from Tiger Stadium and their are plenty of LSU fans who absolutely hate Les Miles and will show you tons of evidence why he should be fired.

No one side has the silver bullet that proves their side is right.

Best thing is for everyone on both sides to stop attacking the other and just support the team. Those young men are the only reason we are here anyway so we should focus all our attention on supporting them instead of pointing fingers about things well beyond our control.

• Fire 1

Wondering what it would take for Bo backers to change tgeir minds. How many blow outs, blow ups and bad recruiting classes do you need Q? History says 2014.will bring more of the same I am always going to have fond feelings in regrd to the program because of many great memories. As for caring whether the curren team wins or not...well, just not as likely to care. Tgats all

Wondering what it would take for Bo backers to change tgeir minds. How many blow outs, blow ups and bad recruiting classes do you need Q? History says 2014.will bring more of the same I am always going to have fond feelings in regrd to the program because of many great memories. As for caring whether the curren team wins or not...well, just not as likely to care. Tgats all

That's actually number 2 on my list of two questions I would love every "Bo-liever" to answer.

The first is, "What about these past few seasons gives you any hope for the future with Bo?"

The second is, "What will it take for you to finally agree Bo should be let go?"

I think the answers would be illuminating.

Exactly.

The earliest "Bo-leavers" have been taking abuse for years. It's worse on HuskerMax where 90% of the members are choking on Bo's salty nuts.

People who support Bo take just as much crap as those who want him gone. We are all passionate about the Huskers and we all want Nebraska to return to being a powerhouse. Just because we want the same things doesn't mean that we will agree on everything.

If us "Bo-leavers" lash out every once in awhile, it's because of the pent up rage from being demeaned for years, only to finally be proven right.

Again, you aren't being demeaned any more than those that support are being demeaned. There is just as much stuff to support keeping Bo as there is for reasons that he could be cut. You could do that for nearly every coach in the country. I live 15 minutes from Tiger Stadium and their are plenty of LSU fans who absolutely hate Les Miles and will show you tons of evidence why he should be fired.

No one side has the silver bullet that proves their side is right.

Best thing is for everyone on both sides to stop attacking the other and just support the team. Those young men are the only reason we are here anyway so we should focus all our attention on supporting them instead of pointing fingers about things well beyond our control.

Ya'll are just starting to get crap from the "Bo-leavers." Until recently, the torches and pitchforks were out for anyone who dared criticize Bo. You might be getting it now, but just imagine how that would feel when (1) 80% of the people are against you and (2) it persists for years. Sucks, right?

The other factor you're forgetting is that you've never been on the "Bo-leaver" side, but I have been on your side. You would have a point if we all started out hating Pelini from day one, but that's not the case. I supported Pelini through the A&M thing and 2011. Felt we were on the brink. My confidence eroded in 2012, was on life support after the Big Ten CCG last year, and died at UCLA this year.

Since you are near LSU go read the LSU boards and see what they think about Pelini. Guarantee 99% think he's a complete ass and can't believe he's still here. Same thing on ShaggyBevo. Well-informed fans from other programs cannot believe Pelini hasn't been fired. That's telling.

Don't let the door hit you ...

And, proving the point . . .

Hey, don't hate Q. He just has that "us against the world mentality".... I don't know where he gets it from.

Exactly. I dont understand why a coach wouldnt do everything in his power to embrace the fans and media. If the fans and media like you, you can walk on water for a long time even when things on the field arent going well.