Dr. Tom Speaks

Nobody

“I think Shawn made the right decision,”

“You just don’t make a decision to get rid of a coach after an 8-4 season, and five straight 9- or 10-win seasons and three division championships. Bo has had a good record.”

“I look forward to seeing them move forward and I’m sure they’ll improve and have a good year next year,” he said.

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/11/30/tom-osborne-eichorst-made-the-right-decision-to-keep-pelini

Now might be a good time to pull up Tom's quotes when he dismissed Callahan and said it was more about the wins and the losses, it was about the way you lost.

And with all due respect, Tom is no longer AD and can do the current AD a favor by not interjecting and speaking for them.

And if he refused to comment when asked a question, and the paper ran with "Osborne refuses to comment about Pelini situation", that wouldn't lead to any discussion either?

He said little, said what he thought. The only story is what people want to make of it.

• Fire 2

Now might be a good time to pull up Tom's quotes when he dismissed Callahan and said it was more about the wins and the losses, it was about the way you lost.

And with all due respect, Tom is no longer AD and can do the current AD a favor by not interjecting and speaking for them.

"Osborne also said he’s no longer in a position to give counsel to Pelini or Eichorst regarding such matters."

Well said tom. Now let's move on.

Do we really have a choice?

Tom is and always has been politically correct when voicing his opinions. Bo was his guy and I don't expect him to throw Bo under the bus at a time like this. There was really nothing else Tom could say other than show support. That or say nothing at all.

• Fire 1

Tom didn't say little. There are plenty of reasons to part with a coach who wins nine games a year but loses four and runs a borderline top 25 team yearly, even on record alone. Now we have the former AD saying you just can't do that. Eichorst said little. If he had wanted to make that point he would have.

We don't even know if past and current AD are on the same page, and even if your opinion differs from mine, not giving blanket reasoning preserves flexibility and is the smart move. Osborne is doing what he can to negate that, even if it is totally unintentional.

Saying he agrees, fine. Talking about how ADs should operate, ...

• Fire 2

Tom hired who the fanbase wanted. Id say 90% of the people wanted Pelini in 2007. Now that he isn't doing as good as they'd hoped, its Toms fault.

Tom watches the games just like we do. Id trust his judgment saying we are close WAY before Id trust the judgment of internet football geniuses.

He's not going to come out and admit that he made a mistake. I wanted Bo in 2007 as well. I thought he was the right guy. At this point I'm pretty confident he's not. He also gave the job to Solich. That showed good judgement right there, giving the job to a drunk who liked to bang students and women in the athletic department.

Tom hired who the fanbase wanted. Id say 90% of the people wanted Pelini in 2007. Now that he isn't doing as good as they'd hoped, its Toms fault.

Tom watches the games just like we do. Id trust his judgment saying we are close WAY before Id trust the judgment of internet football geniuses.

He's not going to come out and admit that he made a mistake. I wanted Bo in 2007 as well. I thought he was the right guy. At this point I'm pretty confident he's not. He also gave the job to Solich. That showed good judgement right there, giving the job to a drunk who liked to bang students and women in the athletic department.

Im sure Solich and Osborne had so many talks about those good times at the bar....right?

Osborne actually didn't need to say anything in this case. He probably sees a little bit of his situation in what is happening with Bo right now, which is why he came out and said Eichorst made the right decision.