Dr. Tom Speaks

Nobody

Just wanted to point something out. Just because we are discovering in years 5 & 6 that Bo probably isn't the guy to return us to greatness, does not mean a mistake was made in hiring him. IMO the mistake is now being made by keeping him. I wanted Bo when he was hired and that continued up until this season. Everyone has a differing tolerance level for the Pelini issues.

Just wanted to point something out. Just because we are discovering in years 5 & 6 that Bo probably isn't the guy to return us to greatness, does not mean a mistake was made in hiring him. IMO the mistake is now being made by keeping him. I wanted Bo when he was hired and that continued up until this season. Everyone has a differing tolerance level for the Pelini issues.

exactly.

exactly.

I agree here too. Bo did his job in turning this program around, but has peaked and showed no signs of being able to finish the year in the top 25, let alone winning a conference championship. I still had hope after the 2011 season ended that things would still get better, but that hope has faded.

“I think Shawn made the right decision,”

“You just don’t make a decision to get rid of a coach after an 8-4 season, and five straight 9- or 10-win seasons and three division championships. Bo has had a good record.”

“I look forward to seeing them move forward and I’m sure they’ll improve and have a good year next year,” he said.

http://sports.omaha....-to-keep-pelini

Of course Tom is going to support Bo. He's the one who brought him in and helped create this horrendous environment. He's also the one that gave Bo a huge contract extension that was not deserved. I'll always hold Tom in high regard, but when it comes to picking Pelini and continuing to stick by him, that's one of the marks on his resume.

Not to mention handing the program to Fran "the tank" Solich in the first place and recomending that old Stevie P become dollar Byrne's replacement AD. Tom may have thought he was doing the right thing, but the program is in this position because of his mistakes. I loved him as a HC, but the facts are that he has done more damage than good since he retired.

Agreed. I understand that some are done with Pelini. That's true of any coach, including previous Husker coaches. We all have different circles of friends and/or family with our Husker ties. The circles I'm in like what Pelini brings to the table and are happy to see him stay.

See. Now that is a totally reasonable response. I knew you had it in you. :thumbs

Some of you guys are such big f'ing babies. Get over yourselves. If Bo had gone undefeated or even just won the Big 10 Championship you would care less about Bo's antics or comments. Heck if he'd win a Natty Championship I think some of you guys would let Bo bang your wife. That's just how messed up in the head some of you are. Instead your putting him under a microscope and using every little bit a kindling you can find to create a bigger fire. Bo's behavior has been pretty damn good all season long up to this last game against Iowa, but I can assure you most of you Bo haters have been on Bo's case since game one. Consequently, many people have been painting this picture that Bo hasn't been feeling the pressure all season long and that it's a surprise that it finally rubbed him the wrong way this last game. I can see why he's been irritated with some fans and the media. Creating rumors where he has to address the team before games just to keep them focused. Frankly, I don't care if you don't like Bo. What irks me is just what I mentioned. Rumors and lies that some create just so they think it might help them get there way. Also, people who want Bo fired game 1 or 5 or 9 into the season. You can't even wait to see how the season plays out. Some of you just come off as spoiled, self-entitled babies.

Remember this isn't addressed to all you Bo haters.

Some of you guys are such big f'ing babies. Get over yourselves. If Bo had gone undefeated or even just won the Big 10 Championship you would care less about Bo's antics or comments.

i know a lot of people have been against bo for a long time. but you have to understand how some people are fed up with bo. it goes so much deeper than just his antics. it is the constant disappointing losses, a lack of fundamentals, overall disappointing play, and a lack of progress. then bo's defenders always seem to have an excuse (even going so far as blaming the fans). his antics just wrap it all up in a neat bow. it is the totality of the circumstances.

and i think there are a lot of people like me defending bo after the mich. win. then being 50/50 after the msu loss but still thinking it would be better to retain bo than to try for someone else. but after what happened on friday, between on the field production and bo's bizarre behavior, he became indefensible. if for no other reason than he did not seem like he even wanted to be coach here. and the yearly excuses are getting old and just demonstrate that we have no reason to believe next year will be any better.

i think 2010 was a big tipping point. we went into that season with a lot of hope, but we ended up with an extremely disappointing season. that is when some people may have started thinking, "ok, one more year." but we switched conferences and he was fixing his recruiting so i thought we should not even be considering a change at coaching.

well, now we just finished our 3rd year in a new conference. do we look any better than our first year here? was last year as good as it will get for us in the B1G? why should we expect better things from bo than last year? are we to just hope our division keeps getting worse and we stay stagnate?