Season of missed opportunities

walksalone

We could say we missed opportunities. But you do realize 2 of our wins came on final drives this year with Northwestern and Michigan. Wyoming also almost gave us another loss. So as many opportunities we may have missed, other teams missed some opportunities that could have easily made us 5-7.

So is college football. We missed opportunities, other teams missed opportunities. I don't think it is worth it to look at what could have been. Distorts the truth.

It's true. But when looking toward the future, it's hard to gain a lot of confidence from those games. We want to point out the ways things could have been better, well then we better acknowledge how close they were to being a hell of a lot worse.

Exactly. All washes out.

We could say we missed opportunities. But you do realize 2 of our wins came on final drives this year with Northwestern and Michigan. Wyoming also almost gave us another loss. So as many opportunities we may have missed, other teams missed some opportunities that could have easily made us 5-7.

So is college football. We missed opportunities, other teams missed opportunities. I don't think it is worth it to look at what could have been. Distorts the truth.

It's true. But when looking toward the future, it's hard to gain a lot of confidence from those games. We want to point out the ways things could have been better, well then we better acknowledge how close they were to being a hell of a lot worse.

Bingo.

Exactly. All washes out.

That's what she said.

Go ahead and rip me apart for what I'm gonna say, I'm a huskerboard member, I'm pretty used to it...

I'm gonna look back on the season as the season of what could have been.  Going into this season, there was alot of hope.  We had an offense that was looked upon as one of the best in recent years.  A schedule that was the most favorable since being in the B1G.  The only real question was the defense.

Without the multitude of injuries, this season could have been a 2 or even a 1 loss season.  Thats one of the two things that were two of the contributing factors to the current situation.  The other was turnovers.  Part of that was inexpirience at the QB position, which wouldn't have been as big an issue, without the injury to T-Mart.

What was the biggest question mark at the beginning of the season ended up being the strength of this team.  The offense although reminded us of the 09 and 10 seasons, where fantastic defenses were wasted by lackluster offenses.  Week to week you didn't know what you were going to get offensively.

Going forward, the turnover problem needs to be fixed, or getting to a CCG becomes increasingly more difficult.  Is there room for recruiting, absolutely, but recruiting now is more difficult than 20 years ago. 

The next 10 months is going to suck.  The anti Bo crowd is going to continue to grumble, while the pro Bo crowd is going to rally against them.

I am of neither camp.  I'd like to think I'm apart of a small group that just wants to see this team win.

Well done, sir. This is a thread marking clear problems without hyperbole, rants, or calling for someone to be fired.

I would agree with most of what you said here. I would add that the punt return coverage needs to be fixed as well.

Also, it was exciting to watch a number of low scoring games, facilitated by a much better defense, that forced it into the fourth quarter. We won many close ones, and we can only guess without the injuries, the offense most likely would have been more dynamic and could have brought a few more wins. Missed opportunities? Sure. Still, we won some close games by capitalizing on some opportunities as well. Proud to cheer on our Huskers.

• Fire 1

Except that T Mart himself is a walking turnover.

Next year when Martinez isn't here, Husker fans will still blame him after a loss

He might be eligible for a medical red shirt next year. Not sure on this, but I think he has to play in no more than 30% of the entire season to qualify. That would be 3.9 games which includes the bowl game. He played in 4 games, but I think he had Armstrong sub a bit for the So. Miss. game. I think the chance is remote, but he might be back. That would be a story line! Bo's prodigal son returns. : )

Next year when Martinez isn't here, Husker fans will still blame him after a loss

He might be eligible for a medical red shirt next year. Not sure on this, but I think he has to play in no more than 30% of the entire season to qualify. That would be 3.9 games which includes the bowl game. He played in 4 games, but I think he had Armstrong sub a bit for the So. Miss. game. I think the chance is remote, but he might be back. That would be a story line! Bo's prodigal son returns. : )

Even if he qualified for a medical redshirt, which I am going to say there's no way in hell he'll get, would he even want to come back? With as hot and cold as some Husker fans can be, why would you subject yourself to more bs...

He has played too much. It isn't happening. One snap in a game equals one full game participated in. There no half games or percentages of games

Walks...you took the words right out of my head...I agree with everything in the OP. After this year, I am not convinced anymore that Pelini can take us to the next level. However, Bo is our guy. I think it may be due to the almighty dollar, but he is the guy. I will root for the team to rise above as we move forward. Anything else is just a waste of energy.

• Fire 1