PSU and UM today

lo country

You mean that Michigan game where we scored 17 points and amassed a whopping 128 yards on 45 carries? Yeah, I saw that one. That 2.84 ypc is impressive. Sparty I'll give you. Although we lost. PSU, I mean we got 168 yds, but am I supposed to be impressed by that?

Wisconsin only rushed for 120 against PSU. But no, I don't expect you to be impressed.

And you left out someone. Who was it? Oh, yeah. Michigan State, who only gives up 68. And we ran for 182. Last year we ran for 313 against them.

You mean that Michigan game where we scored 17 points and amassed a whopping 128 yards on 45 carries? Yeah, I saw that one. That 2.84 ypc is impressive. Sparty I'll give you. Although we lost. PSU, I mean we got 168 yds, but am I supposed to be impressed by that?

Wisconsin only rushed for 120 against PSU. But no, I don't expect you to be impressed.

And you left out someone. Who was it? Oh, yeah. Michigan State, who only gives up 68. And we ran for 182. Last year we ran for 313 against them.

whoops.

Dude, I said "Sparty I'll give you." So I didn't really leave them out. 182 is a good number against their D. But it didn't really matter since we didn't get the ball to paydirt enough.

Dude, I said "Sparty I'll give you." So I didn't really leave them out. 182 is a good number against their D. But it didn't really matter since we didn't get the ball to paydirt enough.

You're right. I missed it. Because you spent 90% of the post talking about the negative and gave a quick, back-handed nod to the biggest discrepancy between how good the defense was and how we played. Two years in a row.

WOW! PSU laying the wood to Wisky and Um loses by 1 to OSU. We beat both PSU and UM at their house. What the hell................

If we could find a way to actually play a complete 4 quarters in all phases we have the potential to be a great team.

Trying to pump a little sunshine. Just shows we have the talent. Oh and we did this with injuries!

Ohio State beat Wisconsin

Wisconsin beat Minnesota

Minnesota beat Nebraska

Therefore Ohio State would beat Nebraska

See why transitive property sucks for college football?

We all know we have the talent. The problem is we can't get out of our own way and we're soft.

Absolutely can't get out of our own way. But I don't get the soft part. How many games decided by less than a TD have we won in a row?

Oh I don't know. Maybe shying away from contact. Getting run over by Iowa's RB or getting hurt every time we actually get a square hit on someone. Our D-line has been soft for about 12 years now. Our O-line couldn't open up anything for our running game. We're lucky we have an Abdullah type back to make something out of nothing.

Seems like only 3 years since we had the best DL in the nation and Suh and Crick were tossing Colts around fer fun..

WOW! PSU laying the wood to Wisky and Um loses by 1 to OSU. We beat both PSU and UM at their house. What the hell................

If we could find a way to actually play a complete 4 quarters in all phases we have the potential to be a great team.

Trying to pump a little sunshine. Just shows we have the talent. Oh and we did this with injuries!

Wisconsin beat Minnesota

Minnesota beat Nebraska

Hence the If we could find a way.....potential to be.........

Did you watch the MSU game? Or PSU? Or Michigan? Those are pretty good run defenses. If you only want to consider the Iowa game, then I feel sorry that you can't see there's good to go with the bad.

Ok, don't be impressed. I mean, we only had more rushing yards than the vaunted Wisconsin running game did against those teams. Ameer leading the B1G in rushing, nothing good about that. And we had how many OL hurt. Yep, no quality depth on that OL to be excited about.

I'm not saying we don't have issues on this team, because we do. I'm just tired of the "Everything is bad!", "We can do nothing right!", "The sky is falling!" comments covering this board. They are no more true than the "Everything is good!" comments. At least the eternal optimists have hope instead of the despair I see running rampant. We're supposed to be fans for the enjoyment of watching our team - or at least that's what I've always believed.

Wisconsin beat Minnesota

Minnesota beat Nebraska

Yeah the my Daddy can whip your Daddy game is not any fun.. The real fact is subtract 2 or 3 turnovers against MSU and we would get to see it on the field!!! I will admit I'm glad we don't get to find out... Lets go bowling and right the ship!

What those results should show you is that it is college football and that anything can happen if you are properly motivated and have some talent. Michigan is a talented team that hasn't played real well for a while, it was a rivalry game and they put it all together to play well. PSU and Wisconsin aren't that far away from each other talent wise. Wisconsin is an overachieving team that plays hard and gets the most out of their talent and plays very well to their system. The same can be said about PSU right now. PSU sold out to stop the run and it worked.

It should make you feel better about NU also. :)

Wisconsin beat Minnesota

Minnesota beat Nebraska

Wisconsin lost to Ohio State by 7

Wisconsin lost to Penn State by 7

Penn State lost to Nebraska by 3

Ergo, Nebraska would beat Ohio State by 3. QED

We all know we have the talent. The problem is we can't get out of our own way and we're soft.

Absolutely can't get out of our own way. But I don't get the soft part. How many games decided by less than a TD have we won in a row?

Oh I don't know. Maybe shying away from contact. Getting run over by Iowa's RB or getting hurt every time we actually get a square hit on someone. Our D-line has been soft for about 12 years now. Our O-line couldn't open up anything for our running game. We're lucky we have an Abdullah type back to make something out of nothing.

Seems like only 3 years since we had the best DL in the nation and Suh and Crick were tossing Colts around fer fun..

Yes, we had Suh and he was great and our Dline had 1 year where they weren't soft. Crick was overrated. Our 2010 line was soft. One year out of the last dozen doesn't change my mind. Suh would make any D-line great.

Definitely don't let facts change your mind.

What facts are we talking about? I acknowledged that we had a solid D-line in 2009. And in 2010 we got gashed quite a bit after Suh left. Show me some stats and prove me wrong. We had the 59th ranked rush defense in 2010 after being 9th in 2009. Is that fact enough for you? Our soft style of play leads to easy 5 yard gainers up the middle all the time. There's no denying it.

68th ranked rush defense in 2011.

101st ranked rush defense in 2012.

49th ranked rush defense this year while playing 1 top 30 rushing offense all year.

I rest my case about our dline being soft, particularly under Pelini(unless of course he inherits one of the best D-linemen our school has ever seen). Any time you give up over 150 ypg on the ground on average for the season, you're defense is soft.