OK....what do we need to work on?

I haven't been able to watch any of the games recently because they haven't been on TV.

On ESPN we are 247th in rebounds per game and 349th in assists. We also have a point guard that went 0-6 at the free throw line today. That's not good.

Does that basically sum it up? Is it a case of the team just needing to gel more together? Young players getting more experience.

I know we are 5-2 and I'm happy about that. However, I see on the schedule we have much harder competition coming up. I REALLY want to give Creighton all they can handle and maybe win it.

It's a process. We just have to execute.

But seriously, I'm afraid we're just not as good as everyone hopes (yet). We are better than we have been. Definitely more talented and athletic than we've been for some time. But I'm afraid we can be a noticeably better team and not really have that much better of a record. The B1G is tough, and we have a ways to go to get into the top level.

I haven't gotten to watch them other than the first game but the stat sheet showed me today that we need to work on shot selection. And we can't get into foul trouble.

I fully understand it's a process and I'm excited to see the process take place. We have extremely raw talent and that raw talent isn't used to playing with each other. I'm sure that is a big part of lack of assists.

Webster is going to be very good but he has got to get the free throws to fall. Now, I'm afraid it's in his head and it may take some time to get turned around. Glad we have Biggs that can play point at the end of games when teams want to foul us.

Miles is a good enough coach that I think he is going to get them gelled together in due time. I'm just hoping it happens sooner rather than later. One of these games all of a sudden we will see it come together.

Freethrows. Because we're gonna be at the charity stripe a LOT more this season.

^^that. But thankfully Tai is improving, and he needs to be if he's going to be driving. And ball movement has to be key, especially when there isn't a significant force under the basket. FG percentage has to get better, but I think...I hope...it will.