The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

They just better be ready for the 'I told you so's' when we win nothing again next year, and any year after where Pelini is still coach, Too many in this fanbase are content being Iowa wearing red.

And when Husker gear stops selling, and people stop attending games.

sounds like a boycott of husker gear by fans like yourself, it does not go your way, trash it, right?

I've been fickle about my support for Bo becuase it's a fickle product out there on the field.

I felt momentum had shifted around the MSU game. Young team but witht talent, grit and heart. Playing injured but new players stepping up the best they can.

Senior Day. Iowa. Good vibes and redemption in the air at Memorial Stadium.

Then they kinda sh*t the bed. Fundamentals. Focus. Strategy. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. And the coach on the sidelines raging. Then after the game blaming everyone else.

Bo had teed this team back up for me. I was excited. I was back in his corner. I knew they were young and injured, but it looked like they were starting to have fun again.

Then Bo sucked every last bit of fun from this team by being the thin-skinned prick that comes out when things aren't going well.

That and having his team as unfocused in their last game as they were against Wyoming. That's on the head coach. The Omaha World Herald has nothing to do with it.

I'm behind Bo for his 7th season. Seriously. But it better be pretty f*cking good.

I didn't see the presser live and watched the news. What I saw didn't look too good for Bo. Then I watched the feed and insane a lot of stuff out of contex where the cut off intro statements or follow up to make him look worse. Don't get me wrong, Bo needs to improve in this area which he did this year as much as any. I guess we knew Bo is black bad white about his responses when we hired him. I don't know why people are shocked now. Also I guess I don't really have issues with him lashing out the way he did. I think the majority of people would do the same under that pressure, say things emotionally that aren't politically correct and that you regret the way they sounded or they were even said after cooler heads prevail. If only he could be like our AD and not have to speak with media or fans after weeks of requests we'd be ok. I'm sorry but when you have a group of people working against you everyday at your job and then on top of it you have to go in front of them answer questions about what just happened knowing they are trying to twist your honest explanation into something it's not I think at some point you get frustrated and lose it. Is it right? In a vacuum, no? Is it justified? Maybe. Can I put myself in those shoes and seeing something similar taking place? Probably.
  • Fire 2

Anything the Omaha media is saying that it's until the bowl game is them just trying to save face for being wrong. There is a big backlash starting. Even the RSS boards have been mandated new policy they will follow.

Is there going to be backlash for the media?

That's happening from fans right now. Read the comments after any OWH story, twitters feeds of the Omaha media, etc. Oddly the 1620 guys and OWH reporters were just stating they were busy blocking people who were now being critical of their comments and banning them from their web. So apparently when you get called out for lying and are being asked questions about motives and your a media member you don't have to respond.

Anything the Omaha media is saying that it's until the bowl game is them just trying to save face for being wrong. There is a big backlash starting. Even the RSS boards have been mandated new policy they will follow.

What does this mean?

RSS moderators and admin was purposely trying to sabatoge recruiting by Bo and the staff for at least the past two years. Emails (internat staff) had been forwarded to UNL indicating their purpose to do this. It's been addressed now. They will no longer talk about coaching status until after recruiting signing date to prevent further issues and to keep them from lying to recruits about it. Pretty hard to have a pay site if it's forced to shut down or in the middle of a slander lawsuit.

I've never been to this site before. Did Bo and staff realize this was going on? Can you provide some examples of what they were actually doing to sabotage recruiting? I don't follow recruiting at all so I wasn't aware of any of this.

As I've mentioned before they were of it for awhile. UNL had the info sometimes you pick when to fight a battle.

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Taylor goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

On top of that, with the amount of youth on this team, things will keep getting better. If we aren't in the Rose Bowl in the next two seasons, I will be shocked, and will eat crow. I'm really shocked at how many of you are so passionately against Bo. You think it's worth THAT much money to get rid of him? If he gets fired, I can't see shelling out enough money on top of that for a coach that's actually a worthy replacement.

"Passionately against Bo?" I would rather say "passionately against uninspired, penalty ridden, mistake prone, turnover making machine ... that is consistent underperforming, not improving throughout the season and not correcting ANY of the same stupid mistakes ... GOING ON 5 YEARS!"

I might add, we did this against one of the worst B1G conferences I have seen in the last 40 years. It is horrid the level of play and competition.

I would say I have been "patient with Bo!" I continue to look past his poor judgment, his field antics and temper along with his over complicated schemes.

I will do this another year now. This is what a Husker fan of 40 years does. I don't think I am a problem.

I've been fickle about my support for Bo becuase it's a fickle product out there on the field.

I felt momentum had shifted around the MSU game. Young team but witht talent, grit and heart. Playing injured but new players stepping up the best they can.

Then they kinda sh*t the bed. Fundamentals. Focus. Strategy. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. And the coach on the sidelines raging. Then after the game blaming everyone else.

Bo had teed this team back up for me. I was excited. I was back in his corner. I knew they were young and injured, but it looked like they were starting to have fun again.

Then Bo sucked every last bit of fun from this team by being the thin-skinned prick that comes out when things aren't going well.

That and having his team as unfocused in their last game as they were against Wyoming. That's on the head coach. The Omaha World Herald has nothing to do with it.

I'm behind Bo for his 7th season. Seriously. But it better be pretty f*cking good.

I didn't see the presser live and watched the news. What I saw didn't look too good for Bo. Then I watched the feed and insane a lot of stuff out of contex where the cut off intro statements or follow up to make him look worse. Don't get me wrong, Bo needs to improve in this area which he did this year as much as any. I guess we knew Bo is black bad white about his responses when we hired him. I don't know why people are shocked now. Also I guess I don't really have issues with him lashing out the way he did. I think the majority of people would do the same under that pressure, say things emotionally that aren't politically correct and that you regret the way they sounded or they were even said after cooler heads prevail. If only he could be like our AD and not have to speak with media or fans after weeks of requests we'd be ok. I'm sorry but when you have a group of people working against you everyday at your job and then on top of it you have to go in front of them answer questions about what just happened knowing they are trying to twist your honest explanation into something it's not I think at some point you get frustrated and lose it. Is it right? In a vacuum, no? Is it justified? Maybe. Can I put myself in those shoes and seeing something similar taking place? Probably.

You're not paid over three million dollars a year to handle it. Bo's demeanor is bigger than Bo or the local media. It's the image of the program nation wide and it's tarnished every time Bo freaks out in public.

What the guy thinks/feels/says behind closed doors is his business. This stuff that keeps happening in full view of the public is not an encouraging sign at all, and there's no way to justify, rationalize, or spin it into a positive.

You're not paid over three million dollars a year to handle it. Bo's demeanor is bigger than Bo or the local media. It's the image of the program nation wide and it's tarnished every time Bo freaks out in public.

What the guy thinks/feels/says behind closed doors is his business. This stuff that keeps happening in full view of the public is not an encouraging sign at all, and there's no way to justify, rationalize, or spin it into a positive.

Great. The OWH pulls in about 100 million a year. I expect them to report actual news for that money rather than fabricate it.

It might not be 100 million anymore. It really doesn't matter what he makes. Pay is based on going rate. Just ask Harvey. That's why we paid a guy 3 times what he was making to make him #1 in the B10 and #5 nationally to be our AD. And he won't do interviews or return email to boosters. No one seems to care about that. BTW he only makes 1.9 million less than the coach. You would think he'd be a little more media savvy and help the PR of you flagship and money maker.

It might not be 100 million anymore. It really doesn't matter what he makes. Pay is based on going rate. Just ask Harvey. That's why we paid a guy 3 times what he was making to make him #1 in the B10 and #5 nationally to be our AD. And he won't do interviews or return email to boosters. No one seems to care about that. BTW he only makes 1.9 million less than the coach. You would think he'd be a little more media savvy and help the PR of you flagship and money maker.

This is either a complete non sequitur or I'm seriously missing the point. The AD stated publicly what his policy about commenting on coaches was in-season. That he didn't comment or de facto comment by returning e-mails to boosters on that topic (presumably?) is unsurprising. But what is your point about Eichorst? That he's a crappy AD? Okay, I suppose I can take your word for it, and maybe Pearlman is a scumbag as well--you know, just to concede the whole thing get it out of the way.

Now, what does that have to do with Bo ritualistically melting down and fuming an atmosphere of hostility over the entire state? It's not like this is an isolated incident. As far as salary goes, again you're right--it doesn't matter if Pelini was doing this job pro bono. He's got to get his sh#t together, quick. I did see the whole interview. Paired with the (second, third?) flag Bo's drawn from the sideline--which was probably an accident, I think, but regardless--the rude halftime interview, and the embarrassing presser, he's feeding the tension. It has to stop. It's that simple. It just has to stop.

The administration you're not a fan of retained him, interviews and e-mails or not. Since that's the decision, I guess that's all there is to say. I like all Nebraska fans hope it turns out well. However the media is going to be asking the same questions the fans are asking if next season turns out like this one. All the rage in the world isn't going to prevent it. Just makes it worse. Bo is a good man, a totally decent human being, and I know he has it in him to be better than he's been.

I'm a bit surprised by it honestly, but it appears people who know Bo and the situation better than us, seem to have a good feeling about things. I could say maybe we just have to trust their judgment, but really there is no maybe. These people call the shots and what's done is done. Bo is the HC and we are going to see where this goes again. I hope, for the sake of the program, these people are right.

the ticket holders have a stake here too.....just sayin

This is either a complete non sequitur or I'm seriously missing the point. The AD stated publicly what his policy about commenting on coaches was in-season. That he didn't comment or de facto comment by returning e-mails to boosters on that topic (presumably?) is unsurprising. But what is your point about Eichorst? That he's a crappy AD? Okay, I suppose I can take your word for it, and maybe Pearlman is a scumbag as well--you know, just to concede the whole thing get it out of the way.

Now, what does that have to do with Bo ritualistically melting down and fuming an atmosphere of hostility over the entire state? It's not like this is an isolated incident. As far as salary goes, again you're right--it doesn't matter if Pelini was doing this job pro bono. He's got to get his sh#t together, quick. I did see the whole interview. Paired with the (second, third?) flag Bo's drawn from the sideline--which was probably an accident, I think, but regardless--the rude halftime interview, and the embarrassing presser, he's feeding the tension. It has to stop. It's that simple. It just has to stop.

The administration you're not a fan of retained him, interviews and e-mails or not. Since that's the decision, I guess that's all there is to say. I like all Nebraska fans hope it turns out well. However the media is going to be asking the same questions the fans are asking if next season turns out like this one. All the rage in the world isn't going to prevent it. Just makes it worse. Bo is a good man, a totally decent human being, and I know he has it in him to be better than he's been.

his reward for acting like an a-hole is retention and support from the AD...this will only embolden him to greater heights of ridiculous behavior....would you raise your kid this way? i guess respect and dignity are over rated. :dunno

I really don't expect Bo to be "emboldened" to abuse the grace and mercy he has been shown. I think he sees the grace. Grace is the most powerful truth I have ever come to understand. If he truly understands then we might just see some good things.

yeah-ok.gif

I really don't expect Bo to be "emboldened" to abuse the grace and mercy he has been shown. I think he sees the grace. Grace is the most powerful truth I have ever come to understand. If he truly understands then we might just see some good things.

• Fire 1