The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

http://www.omaha.com...iery-head-coach

I'm glad the guys with the big pocket books have more perspective than a lot of people. GBR!

One booster and one regent were quoted. Excellent. I'm glad they're happy with the blowouts, negative attention for our university and the 4 losses every year and never winning anything.

Or maybe they like the good things he has done like Team Jack, graduation rates, clean program, turning the program around after BC, 3 championship appearances, team played with tons of heart and fight during a rough year.

It probably has more to do with the undeserved extention that Tom gave him after the embarrassment in the CCG. The boosters may want to wait until the $$$$ comes down to a more reasonable number before he is sent packing.

The key part that I read was that they never flat out said that he wouldn't be replaced after the bowl game. Just that people shouldn't fuel that fire in the media. This thing may not be over yet.

ESPN 101

No, it is called paying attention to detail. They brought up the subject and did not say that he would be here after the bowl game. They just pretty much told the media to stop speculating until then. The only advantage that gives them to wait that long is that they would already have a replacment in place. I would have preferred to can him this weekend and nobody would have questioned it after that "prefromance" he gave on Friday.

I'm a bit surprised by it honestly, but it appears people who know Bo and the situation better than us, seem to have a good feeling about things. I could say maybe we just have to trust their judgment, but really there is no maybe. These people call the shots and what's done is done. Bo is the HC and we are going to see where this goes again. I hope, for the sake of the program, these people are right.

After 6 seasons, everyone already knows where this is going again. 1 or 2 blowout losses, 3-4 losses on the year, no conference championship, mid-tier bowl game. Why would season 7 be any different? I do look forward to see how good the defense can potentially be next season, and see if Johnny Football Stanton can possibly be the real deal. Other than that... :dunno

• Fire 4

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Taylor goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

On top of that, with the amount of youth on this team, things will keep getting better. If we aren't in the Rose Bowl in the next two seasons, I will be shocked, and will eat crow. I'm really shocked at how many of you are so passionately against Bo. You think it's worth THAT much money to get rid of him? If he gets fired, I can't see shelling out enough money on top of that for a coach that's actually a worthy replacement.

• Fire 5

The key part that I read was that they never flat out said that he wouldn't be replaced after the bowl game. Just that people shouldn't fuel that fire in the media. This thing may not be over yet.

ESPN 101

No, it is called paying attention to detail. They brought up the subject and did not say that he would be here after the bowl game. They just pretty much told the media to stop speculating until then. The only advantage that gives them to wait that long is that they would already have a replacment in place. I would have preferred to can him this weekend and nobody would have questioned it after that "prefromance" he gave on Friday.

You missed some other detail.

You guys can hope and pray all you want that they will get of Bo after the bowl game but I wouldn't count on it. You do realize that you Are inthe minority but bitch the loudest. I'm sure all of you have tons of experience coaching a major college football program. Or maybe you don't have the slightest idea. Sounds a lot more plausible. The whole reason we are able to talk about the good old days are because Bob Devany showed some patience with a first time head coach named Tom Osbourne. It's time for you guys to put a suck in it and trust that a lot of people with a lot more knowledge of the program trust Bo. Your sense of entitlement is embarrassing. You complain about 9 and 10 win seasons like its the end of the world. If the are so easy to accomplish why are there only 4 teams that have done it for the last 5 seasons? Take a look at Notre Dame for the last 20 years. The coaching carousel worked out pretty well for them. That my friends was medocrity!!!!

• Fire 3

You guys can hope and pray all you want that they will get of Bo after the bowl game but I wouldn't count on it. You do realize that you Are inthe minority but bitch the loudest. I'm sure all of you have tons of experience coaching a major college football program. Or maybe you don't have the slightest idea. Sounds a lot more plausible. The whole reason we are able to talk about the good old days are because Bob Devany showed some patience with a first time head coach named Tom Osbourne. It's time for you guys to put a suck in it and trust that a lot of people with a lot more knowledge of the program trust Bo. Your sense of entitlement is embarrassing. You complain about 9 and 10 win seasons like its the end of the world. If the are so easy to accomplish why are there only 4 teams that have done it for the last 5 seasons? Take a look at Notre Dame for the last 20 years. The coaching carousel worked out pretty well for them. That my friends was medocrity!!!!

Agreed. There are a lot of people involved in this decision that have been around Husker football for decades. I applaud their decision that seems based on experience.

• Fire 1
If one more person uses the 'youth' argument.... excuses, excuses, excuses.

You realize its the coach's job to make sure he has a solid, steady player base? The 'youth' on the team was due to his own, self admitted mistakes of redshirting guys who should have played.

Yep. If we're in Year 6 and lacking depth and starting freshmen it's because the coaching staff screwed up years 1-5.

First off, TO's "bad seasons" were top 15 finishes, not left out of "others receiving votes" So drop it.

One does not need to be a head coach or a 'whatever' to know a product stinks. Not many people are gourmet chefs, but everyone can tell when the food tastes like crap.

And we are only a couple more years off being less relevant than ND. 14 years, and might as well as call it 15 right now, since anything was added to our trophy case

• Fire 1

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Lee goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

On top of that, with the amount of youth on this team, things will keep getting better. If we aren't in the Rose Bowl in the next two seasons, I will be shocked, and will eat crow. I'm really shocked at how many of you are so passionately against Bo. You think it's worth THAT much money to get rid of him? If he gets fired, I can't see shelling out enough money on top of that for a coach that's actually a worthy replacement.