The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

http://www.omaha.com...iery-head-coach

I'm glad the guys with the big pocket books have more perspective than a lot of people. GBR!

One booster and one regent were quoted. Excellent. I'm glad they're happy with the blowouts, negative attention for our university and the 4 losses every year and never winning anything.

Or maybe they like the good things he has done like Team Jack, graduation rates, clean program, turning the program around after BC, 3 championship appearances, team played with tons of heart and fight during a rough year.

It probably has more to do with the undeserved extention that Tom gave him after the embarrassment in the CCG. The boosters may want to wait until the $$$$ comes down to a more reasonable number before he is sent packing.

I just spent all weekend in Lincoln. It has nothing to do with the money but people understanding the propaganda thats being feed to people. It is done with unless Harvey wants to also be done with his career at Nebraska. There is a reason Daub was quoted but it could have been Pillen or Claire as well along with Hawks. I'm sure Harvey being who he is will continue with crap next year at the first sign of weakness but I was told things are in the works so there will be no doubt Bo will be the coach after the bowl game as long as he still wants to be.
  • Fire 1

Anything the Omaha media is saying that it's until the bowl game is them just trying to save face for being wrong. There is a big backlash starting. Even the RSS boards have been mandated new policy they will follow.

What does this mean?

Take a look at the RSS board, almost every thread is locked. Due to people being dicks on there.

Anything the Omaha media is saying that it's until the bowl game is them just trying to save face for being wrong. There is a big backlash starting. Even the RSS boards have been mandated new policy they will follow.

What does this mean?

RSS moderators and admin was purposely trying to sabatoge recruiting by Bo and the staff for at least the past two years. Emails (internat staff) had been forwarded to UNL indicating their purpose to do this. It's been addressed now. They will no longer talk about coaching status until after recruiting signing date to prevent further issues and to keep them from lying to recruits about it. Pretty hard to have a pay site if it's forced to shut down or in the middle of a slander lawsuit.
  • Fire 1

You guys can hope and pray all you want that they will get of Bo after the bowl game but I wouldn't count on it. You do realize that you Are inthe minority but bitch the loudest. I'm sure all of you have tons of experience coaching a major college football program. Or maybe you don't have the slightest idea. Sounds a lot more plausible. The whole reason we are able to talk about the good old days are because Bob Devany showed some patience with a first time head coach named Tom Osbourne. It's time for you guys to put a suck in it and trust that a lot of people with a lot more knowledge of the program trust Bo. Your sense of entitlement is embarrassing. You complain about 9 and 10 win seasons like its the end of the world. If the are so easy to accomplish why are there only 4 teams that have done it for the last 5 seasons? Take a look at Notre Dame for the last 20 years. The coaching carousel worked out pretty well for them. That my friends was medocrity!!!!

AMEN! AND every one of them bitching and claiming to know what we need is just another idicator of today's society. Everybody wants instant success and if they can't have it they hit the reset button (Fire the coach) I mean, because, firing coaches at Nebraska has worked so damn well for us. Nobody has a clue or care about the process, how long it takes, and how much work and patience is involved. Nobody has a clue how bad of shape the program was in when Bo took over either. Takes a long, long time to repaiir damage that was done. The people on here bitching the loudest...Good job! You are doing a great job of convincing recruits that this is the place they want to be. Coach Bo and all his staffers could promise kids what they want and convince them all they want, but kids don't deal with pressure anymore and trust me, they are smart enough to check these boards. Yeah, if I'm a recruit and take one look at this board there's no way in hell I'd want to come here and play for a-holes like we have for fans. Not all fans, but the loudes complainers. And by the way, let's pretend we had a coaching change. Exactly what caliber of coach is even remotely interested in coming here with our fan base? You guessed it, another new coach looking to get started, a washed up coach, or a bad coach that can't get a gig somewhere else. Are you kidding me? These guys can all make money elsewhere and don't need to come to NU and be abused. Quite frankly, I am so sick of hearing about "greatest fans in college football" and greatest venue to play in. Makes me want to vomit. I grew up wanting to be a Husker and spent many a Saturday at Memorial. It is absolutely nothing like it used to be. Nothing but a bunch of self entitled, live in the past, arm chair quarter backs and coaches. Go ahead pile on me, don't care. What I speak is truth and you very people have as much to do with the ruining of NU football as any coach we've had or will ever have. I will continue to support the coaches and players and damn right, I think Shawn and all others involved made the right decision. Unfortunately, it won't matter. Eventually Bo will get tired of it and leave on his own realizing he's fighting a losing battle. Then you guys will be happy and we can get a new coach, give him 4 years to win 4 titles, then start calling for his head, and the whole process can repeat. People should be ashamed. And as was said, most complaing would never have the guts let alone the knowledge to pick up a whistle and attempt to do something positive like coaching kids, because after the kids weren't All American caliber after a few practices or seasons they'd belittle the kids and shame them too, and those kids wouldn't want to play anymore.

I got dizzy due to the lack of paragraphs and had to stop reading. I'm sure it was good.

• Fire 1

What does this mean?

RSS moderators and admin was purposely trying to sabatoge recruiting by Bo and the staff for at least the past two years. Emails (internat staff) had been forwarded to UNL indicating their purpose to do this. It's been addressed now. They will no longer talk about coaching status until after recruiting signing date to prevent further issues and to keep them from lying to recruits about it. Pretty hard to have a pay site if it's forced to shut down or in the middle of a slander lawsuit.

I've never been to this site before. Did Bo and staff realize this was going on? Can you provide some examples of what they were actually doing to sabotage recruiting? I don't follow recruiting at all so I wasn't aware of any of this.

I've been fickle about my support for Bo becuase it's a fickle product out there on the field.

I felt momentum had shifted around the MSU game. Young team but witht talent, grit and heart. Playing injured but new players stepping up the best they can.

Senior Day. Iowa. Good vibes and redemption in the air at Memorial Stadium.

Then they kinda sh*t the bed. Fundamentals. Focus. Strategy. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. And the coach on the sidelines raging. Then after the game blaming everyone else.

Bo had teed this team back up for me. I was excited. I was back in his corner. I knew they were young and injured, but it looked like they were starting to have fun again.

Then Bo sucked every last bit of fun from this team by being the thin-skinned prick that comes out when things aren't going well.

That and having his team as unfocused in their last game as they were against Wyoming. That's on the head coach. The Omaha World Herald has nothing to do with it.

I'm behind Bo for his 7th season. Seriously. But it better be pretty f*cking good.

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Taylor goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

On top of that, with the amount of youth on this team, things will keep getting better. If we aren't in the Rose Bowl in the next two seasons, I will be shocked, and will eat crow. I'm really shocked at how many of you are so passionately against Bo. You think it's worth THAT much money to get rid of him? If he gets fired, I can't see shelling out enough money on top of that for a coach that's actually a worthy replacement.

I laughed man