The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Taylor goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

On top of that, with the amount of youth on this team, things will keep getting better. If we aren't in the Rose Bowl in the next two seasons, I will be shocked, and will eat crow. I'm really shocked at how many of you are so passionately against Bo. You think it's worth THAT much money to get rid of him? If he gets fired, I can't see shelling out enough money on top of that for a coach that's actually a worthy replacement.

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Rex goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

On top of that, with the amount of youth on this team, things will keep getting better. If we aren't in the Rose Bowl in the next two seasons, I will be shocked, and will eat crow. I'm really shocked at how many of you are so passionately against Bo. You think it's worth THAT much money to get rid of him? If he gets fired, I can't see shelling out enough money on top of that for a coach that's actually a worthy replacement.

At the beginning of the year, nearly everyone said "if Rex goes down, so does the team" Considering that, I guarantee knowing how many injuries we sustained this year, nobody would have expected an 8-9 win season. I'm sure Eichorst & the gang realize this.

Fan hope is there every year, whether under Bob, Tom, Frank, Bill or Bo.

Yep, you guys are all experts aren't you. Pretty easy to sit at you computer and tell everybody how much you know about football. Maybe you guys should quit your jobs and pick up a whistle since your all experts. I feel pretty confident saying that none of you have coached a single down of football. Because most coaches know how hard of a job it really is.

• Fire 2

They just better be ready for the 'I told you so's' when we win nothing again next year, and any year after where Pelini is still coach, Too many in this fanbase are content being Iowa wearing red.

And when Husker gear stops selling, and people stop attending games.

I just got new Husker gear this week. GBR!

I'm a bit surprised by it honestly, but it appears people who know Bo and the situation better than us, seem to have a good feeling about things. I could say maybe we just have to trust their judgment, but really there is no maybe. These people call the shots and what's done is done. Bo is the HC and we are going to see where this goes again. I hope, for the sake of the program, these people are right.

After 6 seasons, everyone already knows where this is going again. 1 or 2 blowout losses, 3-4 losses on the year, no conference championship, mid-tier bowl game. Why would season 7 be any different? I do look forward to see how good the defense can potentially be next season, and see if Johnny Football Stanton can possibly be the real deal. Other than that... :dunno

You're probably right. I know that. I'm just not going to bitch about it all off season. Maybe most of it, or some of it, but seriously, it sounds like this is a done deal. He's back whether we like it or not. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Bo's, but I am a Husker fan. I was before he got here, and I will be after he's gone. There are some damn good coaches, players and men who built this thing from the ground up. I'll be damned if aim gonna let my dislike for one guy and his staff of puppets tear all that down. I may not like Bo, but I don't f'ing hate him like some of you do. I just don't think he's a very good head coach. He might be a good man, a good father, and all those other things that a man should be proud of. That's not my business to hate him. It's my business to think he's in over his head as a head coach. I'm a fan, I get the right to that opinion. I go to games, I have a ton of Husker sh#t and Im not getting rid of any of it. Might as well hope for next year, I'm not gonna f'ing sit around and dwell on this crap forever. Maybe just once in awhile. Like I said, I get that right, I'm a f'ing Husker fan.

• Fire 5

I'm not taking a shot at you either Foppa. I was just quoting my post with yours. You have every right to be pissed, just like everyone else that is pissed about this. You have every right.

I'm just saying personally I don't know if I can sit around and focus on all this too much. I will from time to time because that's me, and I know there will be things that come up that remind me of how great this program once was, and the fact that I still feel it could be there again. It bothers me when people take this defeatist attitude with our program. So ya, I'm not better than anybody else, I'll still complain I'm sure....I just have a lot of sh#t in my life I don't want to get into, but focusing on this negativity isn't on my list of priorities.

Again, not a shot at you or anyone. Everyone has the right to feel ow,they want about this.

The key part that I read was that they never flat out said that he wouldn't be replaced after the bowl game. Just that people shouldn't fuel that fire in the media. This thing may not be over yet.

ESPN 101

No, it is called paying attention to detail. They brought up the subject and did not say that he would be here after the bowl game. They just pretty much told the media to stop speculating until then. The only advantage that gives them to wait that long is that they would already have a replacment in place. I would have preferred to can him this weekend and nobody would have questioned it after that "prefromance" he gave on Friday.

One staff to recruit, one to coach would be the only reason this would be true...

...and we would have heard something already if Bo isn't going to be here beyond the bowl. Bad for recruiting if we don't announce a change and the new staff ASAP...

If one more person uses the 'youth' argument.... excuses, excuses, excuses.

You realize its the coach's job to make sure he has a solid, steady player base? The 'youth' on the team was due to his own, self admitted mistakes of redshirting guys who should have played.

Youth is not an excuse for a poor season, I agree. Bo's recruiting was questionable for the first few years. Things have been turning around on that front. I think redshirting those guys will be the right call in the long run.

Youth is my reason for optimism. The younger a team is, the more room there is for improvement. There's a much higher ceiling. And while the injuries decimated this year, it was still respectable by most school's standards. They also allowed a lot of younger guys on offense to get playing time, which could prove to be valuable. I honestly think everyone needs to take a step back and put the season into a perspective.

Plus, does anyone think it's conceivable we would be willing to shell out what could easily be $20 million when it's all said and done for a new coach that COULD be better?

if i was bo i don't know what i would do.. .id always feel like i was just a few paces ahead of the pack.. okay I'm safe this year.. what about next year etc.... it would be just a crappy situation..... i don't know how i would handle it or how it would affect my coaching....