Did Iowa "destroy" us this year?

Again I ask, If we beat Iowa by 21 on senior day in Iowa City, would it be a beat down on this board?

You know it would, no matter their excuse. Same goes for us. Excuse are like Aholes and we have lot of them on here.

If you look at the game score yes that is what you would see. If you watched the game that is not what you see. The total yards were equal in the game. Field position was the determining factor in the game. Most of the good field position gained by Iowa was self inflicted by Nebraska.

If you watched any of the PSU/Wisconsin game you would see that PSU dominated the game fairly well. If you look at the final score all you see is a 1 score victory for PSU.

Again I ask, If we beat Iowa by 21 on senior day in Iowa City, would it be a beat down on this board?

You know it would, no matter their excuse. Same goes for us. Excuse are like Aholes and we have lot of them on here.

If you look at the game score yes that is what you would see. If you watched the game that is not what you see. The total yards were equal in the game. Field position was the determining factor in the game. Most of the good field position gained by Iowa was self inflicted by Nebraska.

If you watched any of the PSU/Wisconsin game you would see that PSU dominated the game fairly well. If you look at the final score all you see is a 1 score victory for PSU.

Exactly! We were still in it going into the 4th quarter for crying out loud and that's with 4 of the mistakes I mentioned above already having happened. Our special teams put us in TERRIBLE field position for the entire game. We played terrible, but to make it sound like Iowa started on their own 1 yard line and drove the ball 99 yards down the field the entire game is just plain false. Much easier to drive the field 40 yards than it is 99 yards when your special teams sucks it up. We lost the field position battle, we lost the turnover battle, usually means you lose the game.

We still had a chance going into the 4th quarter, comes down to 5 things:

1. INT #1

2. INT #2

3. Fake punt fail.

4. PI penalty coupled with unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

5. AA's fumble.

That's the game, so that tells you they didn't manhandle us.

Five things. Which led to scores.

Nebraska got more than doubled up.

I'm really sick of people not looking the mirror. But here it is. Iowa rolled Nebraska, who now is a middle of the road team in a laughable conference that's so disrespected, the team that hasn't lost in it for two years may not get a chance to play for the title.

And most are ok with staying the course.

/Mugatu crazy pills dot gif.

Yep - that sums it up. Iowa and Minn in the same season to beat. Yea blame it all on injuries and young D - that will sooth the nagging thoughts that we aren't very good anymore so we can drink kool aid wt abandon during spring practice and in August.

We still had a chance going into the 4th quarter, comes down to 5 things:

1. INT #1

2. INT #2

3. Fake punt fail.

4. PI penalty coupled with unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

5. AA's fumble.

That's the game, so that tells you they didn't manhandle us.

Five things. Which led to scores.

Nebraska got more than doubled up.

I'm really sick of people not looking the mirror. But here it is. Iowa rolled Nebraska, who now is a middle of the road team in a laughable conference that's so disrespected, the team that hasn't lost in it for two years may not get a chance to play for the title.

And most are ok with staying the course.

/Mugatu crazy pills dot gif.

Yep - that sums it up. Iowa and Minn in the same season to beat. Yea blame it all on injuries and young D - that will sooth the nagging thoughts that we aren't very good anymore so we can drink kool aid wt abandon during spring practice and in August.

Actually I would blame the Minn loss mostly on Nebraska taking them too lightly and thinking they would be a pushover. You have the same attitude about Minn that the team had. You still think it is 1983 and NU should win the game 84-13. Minn is a solid team that does a lot of things well. They aren't the most talented team, but they are playing well and playing at as high a level as they possibly can.

It's not 1983 or 94 anymore. There are maybe 10-15 really good teams right now and that will change year to year, but then you have about another 35 teams that are pretty good. If you don't show up to play in those games you will lose.

Guys, as others have mentioned - we are talking about Iowa - the fact that this thread exists speaks volumes - not that we can't loose to an Iowa from time to time but when we have to ask if they destroyed us - that is beyond comprehension.

Let's look at the season - Our 4 losses - the 'respectable' loss was to MSU. The other 3 losses were to teams wt similar records as NU but they clearly outplayed and out coached us. There are no signature wins and a few lucky wins. We have to be realistic, even wtout the injuries, we have many issues to resolve. If we had TM, Turner, and Long in all season would our record be better - maybe but I can also see how it could have played out the same since TM was a turnover machine as well. We lost wt TM in the game at Minn, MSU most likely would have prevailed. UCLA would have been a loss and Iowa - again it would have come down to turnovers - one of TM's specialties. Maybe we would have won a few games like NW & PSU without last minute heroics. Don't want to be a big glass half empty guy, but this Iowa loss, the Bo blow ups during and after the game, and the AD's response leaves me feeling stuck in mud - feeling we'll be average or worse forever at this rate.

1. We lost badly to UCLA which finished 9-3 - on our turf

2. We lost badly to a very ave 8-4 Min team. Bo was very clearly out-coached by the Miss assistant coach.

3. We were soundly defeated by Mich State - a good solid team. They manhandled us on our turf. We had a final score last 10 secs that made it closer than what it was. Again on our turf

4. We were humiliated by Iowa another 8-4 team - on our turf

5. It took a miracle to survive NW - a 1-7 conf team and 5-7 overall

6. SDSU hung a lot of rushing yards on us

7. Wyoming, who just fired their coach, would most likely have beat us if they had 2 more min - they just ran out of time as they dominated us in the 2nd half.

8. PSU and Mich were last min wins over teams wt 7-5 records and worse conf records.

9. ILL and Purdue wins - wins over bottom dwellers.

LEGENDS DIVISION Conference Division Overall Record % Record % Record % Michigan State 8-0 1.000 5-0 1.000 11-1 .917 Iowa 5-3 .625 4-1 .800 8-4 .667 Nebraska 5-3 .625 2-3 .400 8-4 .667 Minnesota 4-4 .500 2-3 .400 8-4 .667 Michigan 3-5 .375 2-3 .400 7-5 .583 Northwestern 1-7 .125 0-5 .000 5-7 .417 LEADERS DIVISION Conference Division Overall Record % Record % Record % Ohio State 8-0 1.000 5-0 1.000 12-0 1.000 Wisconsin 6-2 .750 3-2 .600 9-3 .750 Penn State* 4-4 .500 3-2 .600 7-5 .583 Indiana 3-5 .375 3-2 .600 5-7 .417 Illinois 1-7 .125 1-4 .200 4-8 .333 Purdue 0-8 .000 0-5 .000 1-11 .083

Guys, as others have mentioned - we are talking about Iowa - the fact that this thread exists speaks volumes - not that we can't loose to an Iowa from time to time but when we have to ask if they destroyed us - that is beyond comprehension.

Let's look at the season - Our 4 losses - the 'respectable' loss was to MSU. The other 3 losses were to teams wt similar records as NU but they clearly outplayed and out coached us. There are no signature wins and a few lucky wins. We have to be realistic, even wtout the injuries, we have many issues to resolve. If we had TM, Turner, and Long in all season would our record be better - maybe but I can also see how it could have played out the same since TM was a turnover machine as well. We lost wt TM in the game at Minn, MSU most likely would have prevailed. UCLA would have been a loss and Iowa - again it would have come down to turnovers - one of TM's specialties. Maybe we would have won a few games like NW & PSU without last minute heroics. Don't want to be a big glass half empty guy, but this Iowa loss, the Bo blow ups during and after the game, and the AD's response leaves me feeling stuck in mud - feeling we'll be average or worse forever at this rate.

2. We lost badly to a very ave 8-4 Min team. Bo was very clearly out-coached by the Miss assistant coach.

3. We were soundly defeated by Mich State - a good solid team. They manhandled us on our turf. We had a final score last 10 secs that made it closer than what it was. Again on our turf

7. Wyoming, who just fired their coach, would most likely have beat us if they had 2 more min - they just ran out of time as they dominated us in the 2nd half.

8. PSU and Mich were last min wins over teams wt 7-5 records and worse conf records.

LEGENDS DIVISION Conference Division Overall Record % Record % Record % Michigan State 8-0 1.000 5-0 1.000 11-1 .917 Iowa 5-3 .625 4-1 .800 8-4 .667 Nebraska 5-3 .625 2-3 .400 8-4 .667 Minnesota 4-4 .500 2-3 .400 8-4 .667 Michigan 3-5 .375 2-3 .400 7-5 .583 Northwestern 1-7 .125 0-5 .000 5-7 .417 LEADERS DIVISION Conference Division Overall Record % Record % Record % Ohio State 8-0 1.000 5-0 1.000 12-0 1.000 Wisconsin 6-2 .750 3-2 .600 9-3 .750 Penn State* 4-4 .500 3-2 .600 7-5 .583 Indiana 3-5 .375 3-2 .600 5-7 .417 Illinois 1-7 .125 1-4 .200 4-8 .333 Purdue 0-8 .000 0-5 .000 1-11 .083

I'm glad you don't want to be a glass have empty guy, because that is what you are. Give some other teams some credit and get over it. I am not saying Nebraska was great this year at all, but give some other teams a little credit.

• Fire 1

Is this the part where you don't engage? Lest you possibly could stumble into a salient point that goes against your thoughts?

This is the part where I don't care about you attempting to use Shakespearean words to win an internet argument about college football...

I also speak Frontier Jibberish if you're more comfortable with that.

I'm glad you don't want to be a glass have empty guy, because that is what you are. Give some other teams some credit and get over it. I am not saying Nebraska was great this year at all, but give some other teams a little credit.

Just call me Mr Sunshine :) - up until last year I was firmly in the Bo-beliver camp. Then the hype which didn't pan out brought me into reality - that we really aren't that much closer to a CC then we were when we lost to texas - we've digressed since then. The Bible says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12. There has been too much deferred hope. Yes I give credit to other teams - I applaud MSU - that was an 'honorable loss' to a very good and sound team. Iowa and Min are improved but not world beaters - neither have the resources to contend wt NU year in and year out unless NU isn't being a good steward of our resources. UCLA - no shame in loosing to them - just the how much they beat us. Our wins were over very average or poor teams. PSU has turned into a great rival - 3 very close games, the same wt NW - 3 close games thus far. Mich 2 good games out of 3 so far. But we are all ranked (except NW this year) in the 30-60 range (guessing). That is not what I envision for NU and don't think it is acceptable wt our resources, fan support, and tradition.

I don't point my concerns at the student athletes. We have a lot of kids who are playing their hearts out - as noted by come from behind wins both this year and last. We have some very good skilled players. But someplace this staff is selling them short - for all of the promise we fail to achieve. I cannot put my finger on it. Kenny Bell and others state how much they like playing for Bo but I think the staff is not giving them the skill sets to be successful - ability limit turnovers, to make game time adjustments, special team play, penalties, and being ready for big games- all of those things already discussed on many threads.

We all know that lightning rarely strikes the same place twice - so we may never see the 1990s again or even a 1970-71 but we should expect a CC every now and then and improved rankings and fairly consistent play on the field & being competitive on the big stage. I would like to see NU ranked in the top 25 every year and the top 15 - 5 out of 10 years and top ten 1-3 times in 10 years - maybe the occasional bad rebuilding year thrown in in which we have 4-5 losses (which is our average now). Wt our resources, I don't think it is unrealistic

Is this the part where you don't engage? Lest you possibly could stumble into a salient point that goes against your thoughts?

This is the part where I don't care about you attempting to use Shakespearean words to win an internet argument about college football...

I also speak Frontier Jibberish if you're more comfortable with that.

I am comfortable with aramaic...

My point being an unknowable argument isn't an argument. You have no real idea what would have happened in that game if NU were healthy. It's a loser excuse.

Yet that hasn't stopped you from talking about how bad we're going to be next year ad nauseam.

Pretty sure I haven't brought that up once. My thesis statement is, "Nebraska's coaching is substandard."

• Fire 1