These guys get it

da skers

Ive never actually met BP in person, but I did see him driving once. He hit a squirrel and kept on driving. It didn't die right then, but Im pretty sure it died right after that.

Be honest. The squirrel ran out in front of him. You're as bad as the Omaha media trying to twist the story just to make him look bad.

Not at all. It was Martinez's pet squirrel and he was carrying him down the sidewalk. Sadly, he lost his grip and ....

I think I speak for a lot of Husker fans when I say that we, the fans in the stands, would really like to know that Bo, the Bo these guys will run through legions of Satan's demons for. Maybe the perception would be different if he even remotely tried to embrace the fans like he embraces the kids.

We're a huge part of this equation. It's not just the players on the field and the coaches in their offices. "Us" includes the blokes in the bleachers. We are not "them," but many of us feel like Bo believes we are.

It's not that we can't understand. Bo won't let us understand him. He keeps us at arm's length.

It's a two-way street.

+1,000,000

I was with Bo until it slowly became clear that he was apathetic about the fans. Then I began to resent him for his increasing apparent resentment of us.

• Fire 1

I think I speak for a lot of Husker fans when I say that we, the fans in the stands, would really like to know that Bo, the Bo these guys will run through legions of Satan's demons for. Maybe the perception would be different if he even remotely tried to embrace the fans like he embraces the kids.

We're a huge part of this equation. It's not just the players on the field and the coaches in their offices. "Us" includes the blokes in the bleachers. We are not "them," but many of us feel like Bo believes we are.

It's not that we can't understand. Bo won't let us understand him. He keeps us at arm's length.

It's a two-way street.

Knapp, we arent dick to the program. If bo had to worry about ever little premadona fan in the stands he would blow his f'ing brains out. His job is to mold boys into men and teach them to play football his way. The End. Look at how terrible fans treat kids on social media, why would he give two sh#ts about the fickle fans. He is right to concentrate on the players and not the fans.

Individually, no, we don't mean much. Collectively, yes, we mean everything.

Those boosters aren't there supporting a program without the bazillion fans surrounding it. Creighton is the perfect example. Fine school, good basketball program, terrible or no football program (I really have no idea, don't hear anything about them), and therefore they don't have the fans Nebraska has. No huge body of nationwide fans for Creighton means no huge cloud of boosters.

The fans, individually, might not mean much. But collectively, we're the driving force behind this whole shebang.

You need to stop now if Creighton football is going to be your shining example of how important a fan base is to a program. I must say I'm disappointed. I had always respected your opinions just thought the perspective was a different angle at times is all. I can see I was wrong.

I'd like Bo to be funnier, I'd like to think he was enjoying himself, but that's not much of an issue. I don't care how much he swears, on or off a microphone.

My problems are mostly football related : the decline of the defense -- his specialty -- to near Cosgrovian levels, the team wide lethargy and lack of discipline, especially in big games. Not only are his teams inconsistent from game to game, but from quarter to quarter. Sometimes they come out so flat and/or confused it's kinda disturbing. It doesn't seem to be about the talent, but at getting a team's head in the game. That's Head Coaching 101, and Bo Pelini has trouble getting his team fired up and focused.

And only then, when you combine it with perceptions about his personality, does it seem like petulant, media-hating Bo might be the same guy the players love. Because he fiercely defends the players.....against the media...and then the fans. Creating a bunker mentality where it really doesn't need to exist. Yes, he is molding young men. But his multi-million dollar salary, the scholarships and the top tier facilities are based on an entertainment product. Bo seems to resent having to answer to anybody, but his fans simply want to be entertained, and winning is more entertaining.

Blaming the media is chickensh#t, if I may borrow a phrase.

• Fire 1

You need to stop now if Creighton football is going to be your shining example of how important a fan base is to a program. I must say I'm disappointed. I had always respected your opinions just thought the perspective was a different angle at times is all. I can see I was wrong.

OK, then insert Kansas or Kansas State or Iowa State if you don't like the Creighton example. I literally know nothing about Creighton's football team, so I'm willing to agree that it's a poor example. I used them because I've never heard anything about their football program.

OK, then insert Kansas or Kansas State or Iowa State if you don't like the Creighton example. I literally know nothing about Creighton's football team, so I'm willing to agree that it's a poor example. I used them because I've never heard anything about their football program.

They don't have one unless its European football.