Definition of a Real Husker Fan

knapplc

If you were a real Husker fan, you wouldn't have to negotiate anything about Valentino's. Your opinion would be my opinion (and feel free to substitute any other two fans for the "your" and "my") and there would unanimity in our opinion.

If you were a real Husker fan.

So real Husker fans like eating tepid greasy ass out of a triangular cardboard box?

Being serious for a moment:

I think it can be simultaneously true that someone is a true fan of Nebraska, but an even bigger fan of their ego or their belief that they actually know something.

I also think it can be true that someone is a true fan, but a really awful fan.

Interesting thought there. And I think probably true. Those people that think they actually know something are incredibly annoying to those of us that do. :sarcasm ( I had to include that, because the one thing I really do know.....is that I know nothing).

I better leave, I think I've already posted too much in this thread.

I feel like the point being made is how selfish we "true husker fans" are made out to be. I think we all need to humble ourselves and stop being arm chair coaches. We all have opinions but none of them hold water behind a computer screen.

*Passes humble pie

But isn't that the purpose of an internet message board? To share you opinions on the topic.

If everyone felt the same about every Husker subject, this would be a pretty boring place.

I absolutely agree! Opinions are opinions but when its spewing garbage like we all know we could have done better, thats when it gets a little bit crazy to me. I am the same way, don't get me wrong. I feel like there are certain decisions I would make rather than what WAS made. Doesn't mean I'm right, especially when none of us know the players as much a Bo does.

But for the most part (I know there are some exceptions that are just flat out over the top) if you're stating how you really feel, it's not garbage. Each opinion in and of itself carries the same value. Some are just stated a little better than others.

I understand that. I meant garbage by the "i'm better than everyone" attitude. Its like everyone's definition of "normal" we all have a different opinion of what that is. The same can be applied to what we view is "a true fan". Yet when one thing differs, all hell breaks lose.

Being serious for a moment:

I think it can be simultaneously true that someone is a true fan of Nebraska, but an even bigger fan of their ego or their belief that they actually know something.

I also think it can be true that someone is a true fan, but a really awful fan.

+1 I think this could be the best response to something i've read all day. Agreed

If you were a real Husker fan, you wouldn't have to negotiate anything about Valentino's. Your opinion would be my opinion (and feel free to substitute any other two fans for the "your" and "my") and there would unanimity in our opinion.

So real Husker fans like eating tepid greasy ass out of a triangular cardboard box?

I love Valentino's!!!!

I could afford club seats in West Stadium if I had a dollar for every time I've read the phrase "real Husker fan" in the past few days.

Only thing is, there doesn't seem to be a definitive concept of what that "real" fan is, or does, or believes, or how they feel, and we need to get cracking on this crucial line item if we're ever gonna move forward.

Here's the start of a list I made a while back. Please add to it, so we can nail down what a "real" fan is. This is important. Be for real on this.

A True Husker Fan is someone who thinks what I think, who disagrees with the things I disagree with, who likes my favorite player and who wants to bench the same player I think should be benched.

A True Husker Fan is someone who echoes my sentiments after a loss, who agrees with my take on the team's flaws, and whose rhetoric matches mine while discussing both.

A True Husker Fan shares my taste in runzas, Valentino's pizza and Fairbury hot dogs.

A True Husker Fan stands when I stand, shouts when I shout, sits when I sit and stays quiet when I stay quiet.

A True Husker Fan shares my opinion of Lil' Red.

A True Husker Fan shares my opinions on Nebraska's rivals, which conference we belong in, and which team we love/hate the most.

A True Husker Fan agrees with me on that call that one ref made - you know the one, in that one game, the one that changed the game? Yeah, that one.

A True Husker Fan is someone who knows who the greatest QB, RB, WR and Coach at Nebraska is, and I don't even have to mention names of who I think it is, because they know.

So, me and everyone who thinks like me. I got no problem with that. :lol:

• Fire 1

I don't like Runzas, but love Valentinos. Am I half a Husker fan? I really hope its my good half......oh wait, I don't have a good half.

That's blasphemy man. You may get tarred and feathered for that.

I apologize! It's just that I can't stand onions. We the cafaterial lady made cabbage buns in school (way, way, way back then), she always made a few without them. Now those I liked.

I've apologized to to our local franchise owner, and I do eat the burgers there, does that earn me a little slack?

Lol. I hear ya man. The rule said runza and the runza burger is still runza in my book. I say you are good to go.

It reallys seems to me that if you care enough and take the time to post on message board dedicated to a college football team, you probably are a "true" fan.

I also really hate the "you're not a TRUE fan" crap just because you disagree with part(s) of the program.

It's hard to deny this fact. I have said that I am questioning my fan status, but I keep coming back here to talk about it. And it's still a major topic of conversation with my friends, co-workers and family. Stands to reason that if I didn't care about or wasn't interested in the Huskers... I would re-direct those energies elsewhere.

It reallys seems to me that if you care enough and take the time to post on message board dedicated to a college football team, you probably are a "true" fan.

I also really hate the "you're not a TRUE fan" crap just because you disagree with part(s) of the program.

It's hard to deny this fact. I have said that I am questioning my fan status, but I keep coming back here to talk about it. And it's still a major topic of conversation with my friends, co-workers and family. Stands to reason that if I didn't care about or wasn't interested in the Huskers... I would re-direct those energies elsewhere.

Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, but I say if someone really is a true fan, then any cancerous hateful propaganda coming out of their mouth SHOULD be directed elsewhere, like somewhere that potential recruits and/or current players won't be exposed to it. It's damaging to the team.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but there's really no reason for shrill, whiny, incessant, hateful negativity. And it's really not hard to tell the difference.

I just fell out of love with you.

Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, but I say if someone really is a true fan, then any cancerous hateful propaganda coming out of their mouth SHOULD be directed elsewhere, like somewhere that potential recruits and/or current players won't be exposed to it. It's damaging to the team.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but there's really no reason for shrill, whiny, incessant, hateful negativity. And it's really not hard to tell the difference.

Much like the other side of the argument feels about shrill, whiney, incessant, unbridled hopefull positivity! :P Sorry couldn't resist. Just like you feel the "anti" side goes too far over the top, that side feels that the "pro" side is doing the head in the sand move. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

This is 100% my opinion with absolutely nothing to back it up, but I'm sure every major college football program in the country has the exact same issues with the social media situation. I would think for every recruit swayed one way by it, another swings back the other way.

I bet the Alamba message boards are spinning out of control today.

Much like the other side of the argument feels about shrill, whiney, incessant, unbridled hopefull positivity! :P Sorry couldn't resist. Just like you feel the "anti" side goes too far over the top, that side feels that the "pro" side is doing the head in the sand move. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

This is 100% my opinion with absolutely nothing to back it up, but I'm sure every major college football program in the country has the exact same issues with the social media situation. I would think for every recruit swayed one way by it, another swings back the other way.

So you think positivity hurts the team???

So you think positivity hurts the team???

That's what you got out of what I said?

I was referencing the differences in opinions between the two different sides, the "haters" and the "sunshine pumpers".