New Question: Pro-Bo(No) Arguments

winner

I keep hearing about the fact that Bo is a good developer of the kids into young men. My question is this: Is that really true? and is that really different from most other coaches in other places? Is Nebraska, under Bo Pelini, currently the only place where young college athletes get "developed into men"?

just wondering. What do you think?

I keep hearing about the fact that Bo is a good developer of the kids into young men. My question is this: Is that really true? and is that really different from most other coaches in other places? Is Nebraska, under Bo Pelini, currently the only place where young college athletes get "developed into men"?

Probably has more to do with physiological changes than anything. So Im gonna go out on a limb and say this happens at every school... :sarcasm

Former players came out the woodwork to defend him on what was believed to be the eve of his firing

A few, but he has hundreds of former players. I bet you could find a number of players that would dispute what Bell and others were saying about him. Rome, Peat, Moore, etc... Doesn't mean what Bell said isn't true, but it also doesn't mean Bo is some saint because a few players want to go to hell for him.

I don't think we have any idea if it's Bo, or just the team. They're a family, and they stick together. Bo is the head of that family. I don't think that's probably unusual at any other school. Grambling almost boycotted the season over what happened to their coach. I think that's pretty uniform throughout CF.

Also, I think Lincoln has a lot to to play into it. I'm not a huge fan of Lincoln personally, but it's as good of place as any to stay out of trouble.

Former players came out the woodwork to defend him on what was believed to be the eve of his firing

Meh. I don't know why people think this is unique.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1910112

The decision to fire Florida coach Ron Zook was welcomed by Gator fans around the country.

It didn't get the same reception in the locker room.

Players strongly defended their coach Tuesday and chastised athletic director Jeremy Foley for the timing of the move.

"He basically just ripped the heart out of the team," safety Jarvis Herring said. "He kept saying it was all about the team, all about the team. No, it's not about the team. It's really about the damn boosters and the fans or whatever. That's all it's about. It's nothing about us. We're just in the middle. We're just trapped."

http://www.annarbor....er-mike-martin/

While most Michigan football players deflected post-game questions about coach Rich Rodriguez’s future, Mike Martin steadfastly supported the current Wolverine coaching staff.

For nearly 30 minutes, different reporters approached Martin in the tunnels below EverBank Field on Saturday afternoon with similar questions. The answers were the same: The junior defensive tackle thinks Rodriguez and his staff should return to Michigan next season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9135440/two-rutgers-players-defend-fired-coach-mike-rice

Two Rutgers basketball players on Mike Rice's team say the fired coach wasn't the abusive tyrant he appears to be on a widely viewed video that ultimately cost him his job.

"You can't let those individual moments define what he was," junior forward Wally Judgesaid during a telephone interview Thursday. "In my past two years, me being an older guy and being under other coaches, I have grown from the moment I stepped in these doors, not only as a player, but also as a person because of how he has treated me."

• Fire 1

Meh. I don't know why people think this is unique.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1910112

http://www.annarbor....er-mike-martin/

http://espn.go.com/m...coach-mike-rice

Exactly. I was just wondering why people seemed to think we can't fire bo because no one else but can come in here and develop young athletes into good men.

Why would anyone think that Nebraska is the only place a player can come to develop into good young men? It wasn't that way under TO or Bob or anyone before now.

I'm not sure I get you. are you saying TO or Bob or anyone else did not develop athletes into good men?

Bolievers like to throw the idea that the athletes are turning into good men in everyone's face. and that just isn't some special quality exclusive to Bo Pelini.

I think Bo is great for the players in his program and has considerable leadership skills. As for the kind of 'molding' he does, none of us could really answer, just that we see him repeatedly set a poor example out there with his own conduct. As a leader in the locker room though, he's a capable one. As a coach who does good things like the Jack Hoffman touchdown run -- many, many coaches do good things. It's great to see and very commendable, but not part of Bo's skillset that makes him a rare coaching commodity, the way his command of the team does.

None of us know.