Why was VV benched during Minn?

I am I

Catching up on some reading here...I was in Italy all of Oct, I followed where I could and watched games on the Ipad. Minny wasnt one of them, followed espn gamewatch.

Reading some old threads and stuff.

Came across something that I didn't really know cuz I wasn't here: why was VV benched for the Minny game? I thought he was playing pretty well and really has played well the last 2-3 games. That #55 from Iowa certainly couldn't block him. He's a space hog and even made a couple tackles way down field! I think he's a beast, knowing his fall camp effort struggles, I'm curious to know why after half way through he didn't play 1 snap against a team that crammed us?

Old news, but pertinent to me. Thanks.

From what I have heard, it was because he had a week of bad practices. Bo wanted to show him that he has to give it his all every practice to keep his starting spot, and its not just given to you.

Glad he didn't pull a Rome or Moore on us lol.

Okay, thanks. I'll actually buy that.

To not play an entire game when a 315+ guy could've helped, shows Bo's long view!

Especially since, in my opinion (I'll just do this: IMO, from now on [copyright IMO]) we needed to win that game. But, and it's a huge BUTT, it seems to have worked because VV is really a guy I think we can now count on to give us a 200 ton anchor the next 3 years. Since he didn't go Rome or Moore on us, and actually balled out, I'm even more happy Bo is our coach. Maybe VV will now be an "on the field leader" we need, especially since he had to earn it and knows Bo wont bullsh#t his demands.

To not play an entire game when a 315+ guy could've helped, shows Bo's long view!

Especially since, in my opinion (I'll just do this: IMO, from now on [copyright IMO]) we needed to win that game. But, and it's a huge BUTT, it seems to have worked because VV is really a guy I think we can now count on to give us a 200 ton anchor the next 3 years. Since he didn't go Rome or Moore on us, and actually balled out, I'm even more happy Bo is our coach. Maybe VV will now be an "on the field leader" we need, especially since he had to earn it and knows Bo wont bullsh#t his demands.

Since around that time, I have not seen or heard reports of Josh Mitchell busting VV's balls on twitter about his work ethics on the field either. I am not sure if it stopped because of coaches interfering, or if it is trully that VV is busting his ass now. Like I said in my status on the front page, we have the potential to have a monster Defensive Line if everything pans out. Gregory and Valentine already require a double team, and if Clinksdale is everything he seems to be in his videos, all we need is Moss to be a little more leaner and meaner (someone who I think should be a starter already). We could be a nightmare for upcoming offenses.

We can talk "doghouse" all day.

And it sucks if with VV we could have beat Minn.

Who knows?

But I'll tell myself this, the way VV played the 3-4 games, he got the message and really showed what he is capable of. Dude really played well, and I'm glad Bo held him accountable, whatever the fault.

Yeah, with Clink and Moss and Curry and Gregory, etc...we should be salty.

Love your play Big Valentine--keep down your anchor!

Since around that time, I have not seen or heard reports of Josh Mitchell busting VV's balls on twitter about his work ethics on the field either. I am not sure if it stopped because of coaches interfering, or if it is trully that VV is busting his ass now. Like I said in my status on the front page, we have the potential to have a monster Defensive Line if everything pans out. Gregory and Valentine already require a double team, and if Clinksdale is everything he seems to be in his videos, all we need is Moss to be a little more leaner and meaner (someone who I think should be a starter already). We could be a nightmare for upcoming offenses.

Maybe VV sent him this

twitter-shitter-badge-cartoon-chris-madden.gif