NU should follow the Auburn formula. Recruit a Juco dual threat QB ASAP.

Any JUCO dual threat QB's out there we can make a late push for? I'm not too sold on TA being the starter next year and I'm also not willing to put all my eggs in the basket for a RS Frosh to take over the offense just yet. Would it hurt NU to go out and snag a juco dual threat QB right now who can play immediately? Auburn seems to have done it twice now... and it has paid off for them. Zac Taylor back in 05 & 06 wasn't too shabby either...

Any JUCO dual threat QB's out there we can make a late push for? I'm not too sold on TA being the starter next year and I'm also not willing to put all my eggs in the basket for a RS Frosh to take over the offense just yet. Would it hurt NU to go out and snag a juco dual threat QB right now who can play immediately? Auburn seems to have done it twice now... and it has paid off for them. Zac Taylor back in 05 & 06 wasn't too shabby either...

Paid off for them or Auburn paid for them?

• Fire 2

Some JUCO QBs I found

Skyler Howard. 6'0 200lbs WVU commit Looks jordan lynchish, wouldnt mind him on the team

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1143318/

Patrick Thomas Jr 6'4. Has size but noT an accurate passer

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1361847/

Mike Adens 6'2. Not too bad. throws a little like martinez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8s3tQMy4Y

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/590161/

NU has two good young QB's in Armstrong and Stanton, plus more on the plate if they actually make it here. I think you send the signal that if you go after Juco transfer QB __________ you're basically sending the message about your faith in your young players. Yes, Armstrong struggled a bit, but behind the o-line he had to deal with, Peyton Manning would've struggled in that situation.

I'd be a lot happier getting quality linemen on both sides of the ball rather than wasting schollies on positions where most think we've done some good work.

NU has two good young QB's in Armstrong and Stanton, plus more on the plate if they actually make it here.

Who?

Darlington has to be a redshirt unless emergency and that's off injury issues alone. We have a situation where we have two extremely young QBs, nobody who has assertively taken the reigns, and that's it for the competition. Numbers wise, another body can only help. A lot of recruits have flaws, but there should be no reason why with only three scholarship QBs total there isn't a schollie available to add just a fourth body to the group. Especially when the three you have are RFr, RSo, TFr. I think you send the signal that you're managing the numbers situation well and you expect everyone to compete.

How about we just copy their offense?

One of my HS teamates was a walkon (receiver) at Nebraska in the Osborne era. He talked about how boring practices were because it was just repitiion-repitiion-repitiion. Running the same play over, and over, and over again until it was second nature.

They talked about Auburn only have a handful of running plays from different formations.

Not sure how the "multiple" thing is working out for us.

• Fire 1

NU has two good young QB's in Armstrong and Stanton, plus more on the plate if they actually make it here.

Who?

Darlington has to be a redshirt unless emergency and that's off injury issues alone. We have a situation where we have two extremely young QBs, nobody who has assertively taken the reigns, and that's it for the competition. Numbers wise, another body can only help. A lot of recruits have flaws, but there should be no reason why with only three scholarship QBs total there isn't a schollie available to add just a fourth body to the group. Especially when the three you have are RFr, RSo, TFr. I think you send the signal that you're managing the numbers situation well and you expect everyone to compete.

My point is that the QB recruits, Armstrong and Stanton, have been pretty solid, at least on paper. Armstrong hasn't been too great on the field, but 1) He's a freshman 2) He has had a patchwork defense 3) Needs experience 4) Has a playbook that probably isn't suited for his skill-set.

Who?

Valid points.....and in my broad view opinion, even though we have depth at the quarterback position, it may be the position that hurt us most this season from the perspectives of turnovers and inability to move the chains when we needed to most.

One of my HS teamates was a walkon (receiver) at Nebraska in the Osborne era. He talked about how boring practices were because it was just repitiion-repitiion-repitiion. Running the same play over, and over, and over again until it was second nature.

They talked about Auburn only have a handful of running plays from different formations.

With the risk of being "yelled" at, it isn't. We do many things multiple ie fumble. INT's, TO's, but nothing perfectly......

TO ran about 10 plays to perfection out of multiple formations and motions. He was multiple in looks, not in play calling.

• Fire 3

Lets be real clear on something:

Recruiting JUCO is a whole nother beast.

I typed a 3 paragraph response then erased it.

Lets just say you don't build a roster or real long term continuity out of the JUCO ranks.

Snyder is the exception, and one huge reason why is because he's within a few hundred miles of those places.

Thats how its suppose to be. Repetition. Becoming great at something rather than average at a whole bunch of things