Mack Brown to Nebraska

The comparison was implied when someone who supports Bo scoffs at Mack Brown.

This "easiest place to win at" BS is just that . . . BS. Yes, Texas has a lot of recruits, but UT is competing for those recruits with OU, OSU, A&M, LSU, Arkansas, hell even Nebraska. This is not to mention that the Big XII South and Big XII now is much more competitive than the Big XII North or the Big Ten. How do you think the Huskers would have fared in the Big 12 this year? They would have gotten their sh#t pushed in. Based on the divisions in which we've played, our facilities, our fan support, etc., you could make the argument that Nebraska is one of the easiest places to win at. And then there's Bo.

And, of course, there's this:

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=302890158

If it isn't the easiest place to win at, then why were people pooping their pants when Nick Saban was rumored to coach there? Wasn't it just said that college football would never be the same a couple posts up?

Nebraska would lose to BU and OSU and that's it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Saban to Texas is a big deal because it would be unprecedented for a coach to leave a hugely successful big-time program to coach another big-time program. Recruiting is not exactly hard at Alabama. Being in the "SEC" at all is probably x5 the recruiting advantage than simply being geographically located in the state of Texas. Being the best program in the SEC? Sheee-it.

Has anyone ever considered the factor that Texas high school players are, on the whole, a wee bit overrated?

And you are delusional if you think we'd only have lost to BU and OSU. Texas and OU would have run all over us. We'd easily have four conference losses in the Big XII.

Isn't that we told ourselves about the Big Ten? look how that turned out.

You change the subject because you know Im right.

No my point being just because you think a conference sucks doesn't make it so. The ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 all have 3 ranked teams in the top 25. Only the Pac-12 and SEC have more. So by your logic the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 suck. There is nothing you can do about your conference. The only chance you have is your ooc and that is a gamble unless you are SEC which then you schedule d-2 or worse.

Those three conferences aren't the greatest. Did you just see Duke get smashed in the ACC title game? Everyone here thinks the B1G sucks. And if you watch any Big 12 games, you'd see they only have two really good teams.

But in other news.

Geoff Ketchum ‏@gkketch 43m

A source tells OB that one of the most prominent high school coaches in the state was informed in the last hour that Mack is staying.

Good news. Now we can all laugh at how bad Texas will be again next year and beyond.

Duke got smashed because Florida St. pretty much crushed everyone this year. Everyone here can think the Big Ten sucks but we have no right to say that(smart ones won't at least). We haven't dominated this conference or hell even won it yet. Last year we got shown the door by Wisconsin. I think we need to start seeing on the field progress before we start talking smack.

Isn't that we told ourselves about the Big Ten? look how that turned out.

You change the subject because you know Im right.

No my point being just because you think a conference sucks doesn't make it so. The ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 all have 3 ranked teams in the top 25. Only the Pac-12 and SEC have more. So by your logic the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 suck. There is nothing you can do about your conference. The only chance you have is your ooc and that is a gamble unless you are SEC which then you schedule d-2 or worse.

Those three conferences aren't the greatest. Did you just see Duke get smashed in the ACC title game? Everyone here thinks the B1G sucks. And if you watch any Big 12 games, you'd see they only have two really good teams.

But in other news.

Geoff Ketchum ‏@gkketch 43m

A source tells OB that one of the most prominent high school coaches in the state was informed in the last hour that Mack is staying.

Good news. Now we can all laugh at how bad Texas will be again next year and beyond.

Duke got smashed because Florida St. pretty much crushed everyone this year. Everyone here can think the Big Ten sucks but we have no right to say that(smart ones won't at least). We haven't dominated this conference or hell even won it yet. Last year we got shown the door by Wisconsin. I think we need to start seeing on the field progress before we start talking smack.

No Duke got smashed because it was a bad team. A bad team that made it to the conference championship. That tells you all you need to know about the ACC.

And once again, this thread has nothing to do with Nebraska under BP. It is about if Mack Brown would be a good coach here.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Saban to Texas is a big deal because it would be unprecedented for a coach to leave a hugely successful big-time program to coach another big-time program. Recruiting is not exactly hard at Alabama. Being in the "SEC" at all is probably x5 the recruiting advantage than simply being geographically located in the state of Texas. Being the best program in the SEC? Sheee-it.

Has anyone ever considered the factor that Texas high school players are, on the whole, a wee bit overrated?

And you are delusional if you think we'd only have lost to BU and OSU. Texas and OU would have run all over us. We'd easily have four conference losses in the Big XII.

This entire post.

laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif

Im done with you. You just make me laugh with all your nonsense.

This entire post.

You can't take the debate? Run like a bitch. I really don't give two sh#ts.

This entire post.

I don't talk to dumbasses

This entire post.

Nice comeback.

No Duke got smashed because it was a bad team. A bad team that made it to the conference championship. That tells you all you need to know about the ACC.

And once again, this thread has nothing to do with Nebraska under BP. It is about if Mack Brown would be a good coach here.

That bad team beat out the other teams for the right to play. FSU was smashing teams the closest was BC which lost by 14. Look you can think what you want but Mack has results to prove he can get it done. Been to numerous BCS bowls. You can't always be a top ten team nowadays.

This entire post.

Nice comeback.

Just speaking the truth, guy

• Fire 1

Have you watched Texas play the last four seasons?

yes. Believe it or not even the mighty programs have losing seasons. I know it's hard to think about but it does happen. Recruiting is not a science it's still a gamble cause you don't know how it will pan out.

sounds like logic you don't afford our program and staff!

I do. I wouldn't be calling for Bo's head if he worked on one issue at least instead of saying he doesn't see it in practice. There is no reason why season after season we are fumbling the ball as much as we are. Not just the rb's but also the qb.

i have no idea what you're talking about. Saban to Texas is a big deal because it would be unprecedented for a coach to leave a hugely successful big-time program to coach another big-time program. Recruiting is not exactly hard at Alabama. Being in the "SEC" at all is probably x5 the recruiting advantage than simply being geographically located in the state of Texas. Being the best program in the SEC? Sheee-it.

The only reason it would be a big deal is because ESPN and sports talk shows would go Defcon 1 for about a day and a half...

Otherwise, you're in the Big XII without a conference title game. Now, if part of the caveat of Saban going to Texas, is that they would become an independent, then that might be a bigger deal...