Mack Brown to Nebraska

Not sure why everyone is hating on this so much.

Recruiting would not be any worse than it is under Bo and probably much better.

And I suspect that Brown would bring in big-name, autonomous coordinators that would do most of the Xs and Os. Brown would be the hands-off, CEO, "spokesman" coach that all of us wish Pelini would be, but that he cannot.

It's actually not a terrible idea.

And I suspect that Brown would bring in big-name, autonomous coordinators that would do most of the Xs and Os. Brown would be the hands-off, CEO, "spokesman" coach that all of us wish Pelini would be, but that he cannot.

He can't even win at Texas. The easiest school to win at in the nation.

Mack Brown has to go down as one of the worst coaches in cfb history. How in the hell can you not win more than 1 mnc in 16 years at Texas. You dont even have to leave the state to get a top 5 recruiting class. It really should be an embarassment to all Texas fans and alumni. Psthetic.

I guess after 11 9 win seasons he did not grow into the football coach Bo will. I guess sometimes those 9 win seasons add up to not being as good as they are supposed to be. But throw a stinken MNC in there and then he really sucks. In the last 16 years a single conference championship or two and a MNC would be appreciated here. Yea he really sucks, but what has our done that is sooooo much better.

O conference championships O BCS wins, and 0 MNC wins. Just about even I guess.

I guess after 11 9 win seasons he did not grow into the football coach Bo will. I guess sometimes those 9 win seasons add up to not being as good as they are supposed to be. But throw a stinken MNC in there and then he really sucks. In the last 16 years a single conference championship or two and a MNC would be appreciated here. Yea he really sucks, but what has our done that is sooooo much better.

I guess if you want to compare Bo's record at NU to Mack's at Ut then I guess you've got a different agenda. If Bo had 500 d1 level kids in the state of Nebraska and produced what's he's produced, then I'd gladly purchase a ticket to your fire Bo parade. But here in the real world where Mack gets to pick and choose inside his own state and Bo is at the mercy of kids waiting on a Texas offer in some cases, I'd say that Mack should be held to a higher standard and Bo should at the very least be given the benefit of common fricken sense!

hehe, yeah..that 81% win percentage makes him a pretty crappy coach. he can't win anything. it's only because he has all kinds of 4* athletes that he's done anyting at Texas (major sarcasm)

Husker fans baffle me. In the same breath they claim Mack Brown is a crappy coach because he can't win with 4 and 5 star athletes, they'll say "look at Florida, recruiting rankings mean nothing" haha...never ends. Why can't people admit Mack's a pretty damn good coach, has won a boatload of games, yada yada yada. No, reading this board you'd think he was on a level playing field with Dooley or Kiffin.

• Fire 2

hehe, yeah..that 81% win percentage makes him a pretty crappy coach. he can't win anything. it's only because he has all kinds of 4* athletes that he's done anyting at Texas (major sarcasm)

Husker fans baffle me. In the same breath they claim Mack Brown is a crappy coach because he can't win with 4 and 5 star athletes, they'll say "look at Florida, recruiting rankings mean nothing" haha...never ends. Why can't people admit Mack's a pretty damn good coach, has won a boatload of games, yada yada yada. No, reading this board you'd think he was on a level playing field with Dooley or Kiffin.

So are you including yourself in this group or not?

He's won several conference championships, a national championship, and played in a second (in which is star QB was injured, by the way). I'd say that's "winning." And as bad as this season was, he came close to winning the Big XII this year.

Also, you'll note that the competition in the Big XII South (and current Big XII) is a teeny, weeny stiffer than the Big Ten.

He's won several conference championships, a national championship, and played in a second (in which is star QB was injured, by the way). I'd say that's "winning." And as bad as this season was, he came close to winning the Big XII this year. Not to mention that in his worst season (2010) he still managed to beat what was arguably Pelini's best team.

Also, you'll note that the competition in the Big XII South (and current Big XII) is a teeny, weeny stiffer than the Big Ten.

He's won several conference championships, a national championship, and played in a second (in which is star QB was injured, by the way). I'd say that's "winning." And as bad as this season was, he came close to winning the Big XII this year. Not to mention that in his worst season (2010) he still managed to beat what was arguably Pelini's best team.

Who here has compared Pelini to Brown? Nobody except you and skersfan.

But if you want to compare, Brown didn't win a conf. championship until year 8 of his tenure. Guess who the QB was? The same one that went 30-2 in his career. Take away Vince Young and Texas doesn't win a national championship. Ask Gene Chizik what an all-time great QB could do to make a mediocre coach look great.

And just so we are clear here. He is about to be fired from Texas. Fired. Not retire, not step-down. Fired. He will never be a good fit for Nebraska when you get fired from the easiest school in the nation to win.

He won a national championship. Sure Texas is a hotbed and has good talent in high schools but in north texas OU does have a very big imprint. When Florida high schools play Texas high schools, Florida wins a majority of those like 80-90% of the time. Texas high schools do have talent and Texas usually gets their pick but that alone does not guarantee success.

He won a national championship. Sure Texas is a hotbed and has good talent in high schools but in north texas OU does have a very big imprint. When Florida high schools play Texas high schools, Florida wins a majority of those like 80-90% of the time. Texas high schools do have talent and Texas usually gets their pick but that alone does not guarantee success.

So did Gene Chizik. Should we hire him to coach at Nebraska?