Mack Brown to Nebraska

This is from a Texas board.

From Horn Sports

- Pretty funny stuff

"Hearing that Mack will announce his departure from UT and get his $2.5 million buyout plus another $5 million+ tossed in from boosters and soon after take the HC job at Nebraska. Nebraska is done with Pelini's performance/antics and they want Mack's persona and inroads into Texas recruiting. Mack gets a shot to show he was not the problem at UT and to match Saban by winning a MNC at 2 schools. (LOL!!!) It makes a certain very weird sense given that Nebraska was never able to figure out how to beat Mack more than once in 11 tries. Just a pure rumor from a Nebraska insider/business contact in Houston FWIW."

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Mack-to-Nebraska-Rumor-Gaining-Traction-23899907/1

Okay, this is just for fun, and I have to. He does have that magical 9 win streak of 11 years. With a few 10, 11, 12, and MNC. It appears he his two times better coach.

Just teasing the 9 win crowd.

I like Mack, hope he ends his career at Texas with pride. Good man, no question, but he is starting show his age.

Yeah it would be really terrible to get a guy who can recruit, win championships and run a run first offense here. Jesus, this board anymore.

Having said that, this is not very likely.

The guy is old and washed up. Texas hasn't done crap since Colt McCoy left. Mack has won solely because of his ability to handpick his players out of Texas. His coaching "skills" have never been apparent. If he took the job in Lincoln, he would have to use his coaching "skills" to win games. That would not happen.

He's not just washed up, he's never been a great coach. actually he's a pretty horrible coach.

Texas is WAY

Not a fan of Mack, but anything is better than Bo. At least Mack is a grown up and can win some games.

I can see the grown-up comment but the win some games part?. Remind me again how many wins Texas has this year, with way more starters back. The last time Texas had more wins than us was 2009. No program in the country has more advantages than Texas, it's HANDS-DOWN easier to win at Texas than Nebraska. Bo certainly has his flaws, I wouldn't care if he was gone, but he wouldn't be going 8-4 at Texas, and replacing Bo with Mack would be absurd.

Texas is WAY

Not a fan of Mack, but anything is better than Bo. At least Mack is a grown up and can win some games.

I can see the grown-up comment but the win some games part?. Remind me again how many wins Texas has this year, with way more starters back. The last time Texas had more wins than us was 2009. No program in the country has more advantages than Texas, it's HANDS-DOWN easier to win at Texas than Nebraska. Bo certainly has his flaws, I wouldn't care if he was gone, but he wouldn't be going 8-4 at Texas, and replacing Bo with Mack would be absurd.

Thank you, voice of reason.