Mack Brown to Nebraska

Texas has had what 1 co ference title in his tenure? 2 maybe?

My buddy kept joking about hiring him stating " Mack never had trouble winning in Lincoln. " Now this assinine idea has legs. Maybe my friends stared this rumor?

We only had 1 during his tenure and the conference championship game was the only game we won against him.

I don't have a hate on for Mack. But I am thinking this would be a pretty terrible idea. Unless he would be a guy who would come in and hire a bunch of assistants that are really really top notch young guys who have recruiting inroads in a bunch of areas of the country in addition to solid coaching skills. Wait, that would be the ideal situation no matter who ended up being head coach. Never mind. Carry on.

Here is an idea from way out in left field.

Why couldn't we bring in someone to be the head coach, let Bo keep his money and contract... make him associate coach/defensive coordinator... remake the staff a bit and bring in a sure fire recruiter or two and go from there?

I know... Bo would be demoted. And he would not stand for that.. or some such thinkning.

I am just trying to figure out what would be best for the team.

Sheeessshhhh.... all of this makes me certain that the Ogallala Aquifer needs immediate testing for massive lead and nitrate contamination. :LOLtartar

Well, the aquifer does eventually reach Texass water sources...

...and I love how, according to their BS source, recruiting Texass has supposedly dried up since we moved. If you recall, that's what the Whorn idiots predicted when we moved...and last I checked, we're still doing well in Texass...

Being the head coach at Texas is a lot tougher than being the head coach at Nebraska. Way more pressure, a lot more hand shaking. I think Mack will finish at Texas, and would have no interest in coming to Nebraska. He may be catching some heat right now, but the state loves the man. It would a terrible slap in the face for him to come to Nebraska. His heart is there. I do not think there is a chance of him ever coming here for any reason.

He has a meeting today with is new boss, he is still recruiting. We will know with in the next 24 hours is my guess if Mack goes another year, or walks away. I am sure there will be room for him the athletic department, working the big boosters. No reason to come to Nebraska.