Who is the best rag to richest CFB player?

I say Jim Plunkett. In freshman campaign, Jim named as a third-string defensive end :o after poor poor performances in QB position. Bust big time. However, he re-earned a mop-up QB, not defensive end plus Plunkett was adamant. Finally, Plunkett was awarded the Heisman trophy, beat out Joe Theismann, Archie Manning, etc. and AP top college football player in the country.

Unlike Ryan Leaf, he was somewhat successful in NFL era...... not all-star guy (I think) but fair to good performances.

Taylor Martinez was originally safety position?

I say Jim Plunkett. In freshman campaign, Jim named as a third-string defensive end :o after poor poor performances in QB position. Sizzled big time. However, he re-earned a mop-up QB, not defensive end because Plunkett was adamant. Finally, Plunkett was awarded the Heisman trophy, beat out Joe Theismann, Archie Manning, etc. and AP top college football player in the country.

Unlike Ryan Leaf, he was somewhat successful in NFL era...... not all-star guy (I think) but fair to good performances.

I ran into Jim Plunkett once at a bar. Well, actually I was sitting at the bar and he came up and ordered two shots of tequila. Gotta be one of the meanest looking QBs of all time. :lol:

I say Jim Plunkett. In freshman campaign, Jim named as a third-string defensive end :o after poor poor performances in QB position. Sizzled big time. However, he re-earned a mop-up QB, not defensive end because Plunkett was adamant. Finally, Plunkett was awarded the Heisman trophy, beat out Joe Theismann, Archie Manning, etc. and AP top college football player in the country.

I ran into Jim Plunkett once at a bar. Well, actually I was sitting at the bar and he came up and ordered two shots of tequila. Gotta be one of the meanest looking QBs of all time. :lol:

Jim Plunkett is probably my second favorite Raider QB of all time. Yeah, he is pretty mean looking. :D

Different take, but I have always liked Patrick Willis' story. He and his younger siblings grew up with an alcoholic, abusive, deadbeat dad in a trailerpark. His father did not take care of any of his kids so at age 10 Patrick was working full-time in the cotton fields to support his younger siblings. When he turned 17, Patrick took his siblings and moved into his high school basketball coach's home and his coach and wife ended up raising the kids. Pretty remarkable how some of these kids go from complete poverty to being high profile millionaires

Think you need to clarify, what you mean by, rags to riches.

I mean rags to richest performance on the football field. BTW, Jim Plunkett personal life was kinda "rags to richest" story.

The family's financial situation was a big problem for Jim as he was growing up. He didn't like the area he lived in, often didn't have money for dates, and avoided bringing friends to his house. He worked from an early age, cleaning up at a gas station while in elementary school, delivering newspapers, bagging groceries, and working in orchards. In his highschool years, he worked in the summers, being too busy with sports during the schoolyear