Charter flight to Bowl Game Cancelled.

NUpolo8

ESPN plays crap that people want to see. A good portion of people like to see a "train wrecks", this is why there are so many reality shows, why people slow down to look at accidents. Don't blame ESPN. Blame Bo for giving them footage like that and blame humans for their fascination with crazy things. Bobby Knight, Tressel, Woody, ect didn't get any mercy from ESPN, why should Bo

Stumpy, you cant compare Saban to Bo. Bo is so much worse, there is no comparison.

Okay then

ESPN plays crap that people want to see. A good portion of people like to see a "train wrecks", this is why there are so many reality shows, why people slow down to look at accidents. Don't blame ESPN. Blame Bo for giving them footage like that and blame humans for their fascination with crazy things. Bobby Knight, Tressel, Woody, ect didn't get any mercy from ESPN, why should Bo

I agree with this about ESPN....and I'm not asking them to show him any mercy. My point would be that I could care less what is on ESPN, unless they are televising a game I want to see.

I think it really is because Brady Hoke has an agreement with a few all you can eat Buffet's down in Az that he wanted to try out...so those guys lobbied the bowl committee for a yes vote for Michigan so they can make the money. Hoke will drop some serious change on those restaurants I think.

LOL!

Grand opening of a Golden Corral ????

some say we were a better rep for the BWW bowl. Michigan is a much larger fan base, and most likely has more fans in the Tempe area, at least that would be my guess. They may have made the choice due to that. Who knows.

We do not travel well to the last few bowls, it actually started to fall of when we had Ole Miss with Cally.

Not many from this board attended the Holiday Bowl the last two times, even after the Texas game.

As some one mentioned earlier, not showing up for Georgia, is going to have an affect on our invites. Of course that could be offset by having a team that the state was very proud of, a few good wins next year and this years failure to travel will not be as bad.

Some just do not understand that what we put on the field is more important to the state than the wins and losses. It appears many are not happy with the product.

I have been to two bowls since Bo took over, only because they were in my back yard. I can not justify traveling that far for this game. I hate to fly. The other half is not a fan of Bo, so it makes it even more difficult. If the season had been more fruitful and a better bowl who knows.

We picked up tickets for the Rose Bowl and the MNC game. So traveling any more is not going to happen.

It is sad to see that some just do not see what has happened to the program.

5301909_sta.jpg

I've lived here (near Tempe) for almost 23 years now..THe Arizonans for Nebraska club out here usually has around 20,000 members off and on and estimate ~3500 UNL grads.

It seems to be partially linked to past bowl appearances...Fans come out in the middle of Winter to see their team play in a Bowl, and decide to either retire here due to the great weather or just move here to finish their work due to the weather..There's been way too many Buckeye fans moving out here the last decade or so for my tastes, and they seem to be giving us a run for our money...We all still seem to trail USC fans according to some census I think I read somewhere but I hadn't noticed them as much.

But I think the Fiesta and the BWW lately have come to the conclusion that we don't travel nearly as well as we appear..And people that show up for Bowl games that already live here don't spend nearly as much money.

I'd already posted a seating chart of Sun Devil Stadium a few weeks ago on Facebook for any of my friends thinking of making the trip out here, and was really getting excited to take my Husker/Buckeye Hybrid to his very first Husker game and show him what a classy rivalry (NU/OU) was like since all he's seen is his Mom's hateful tOSU/Meech rivalry..