Charter flight to Bowl Game Cancelled.

NUpolo8

1990: We went 9-3, finished 3rd in the Big 8. Ranked #3 in the nation, we lost by 15 to #9 Colorado, 27-12. We then lost to unranked Oklahoma as the 10th ranked team, 45-10. We went to the Orange Bowl where we lost to #2 Georgia Tech as the #19 team, 45-21.

1991: As the 9th ranked team in the nation, we lost to #4 Washington by 15 points, 36-21. We tied 15th ranked Colorado and then lost to #1 Miami in the Orange Bowl, losing 22-0. We also tied for 1st in the Big 8.

1992: We lost as the 12th ranked team to #2 Washington by 15 points, 29-14. We then lost to unranked Iowa State as the 7th ranked team in the nation, 19-10. We won the Big 8 and then lost in the Orange Bowl to Florida State, the #3 ranked team, 27-14.

So...a couple of losses to unranked teams. And a loss to the top ranked team, two losses to the #2 ranked team, a loss to the #3 ranked team, and a loss to the #4 ranked team. That's a team not being able to win the big game. That's vastly different than Bo. But again, this is well into Osborne's career, so it's not exactly a fair comparison.

Losses to unranked teams?? (gasp). And losing by at least two touchdowns?....I thought those were called "blowouts"?

I remember that time Wisconsin put 70 points in that defensive guru named Osborne. Or, remember that time Osborne swiped at a ref with his hat. Or the time he damn near looked like he was ready to kill Bill Snyder at midfield. Or the time he called the refs chicken sh#t. Osborne was a lunatic. That tape Osborne had, when he said " f#*k you fans, f#*k you all". I thought that was Osbornes last straw. Or the 63 points Ohio State scored on Osbornes defensive genius ass. Osborne always seemed like the kind of guy that would call a fake punt on his own 30 yard line, no matter how it hurt his team, just because he felt like his job was already gone already. That time Osborne chewed Taylor Martinez's ass on the sideline at Texas AnM, that one still gets around the web. Or when he got his team a 15 yard penalty due to his conduct on the sideline. Yep, good ole Osborne. His ass should have been gone a long time ago.

• Fire 6

Oh, you wanted Husker fans to show up for the bowl game, Bowl Committee?

Yeah, scheduling a rematch probably wasn't the swellest of ideas, then.

One theory sure.

Then the article quotes the CEO of the company, and he's attributing most of it to "Bo Pelini drama"

Former player too. That's pretty damn telling.

louie.gif

Oh, you wanted Husker fans to show up for the bowl game, Bowl Committee?

Yeah, scheduling a rematch probably wasn't the swellest of ideas, then.

One theory sure.

Then the article quotes the CEO of the company, and he's attributing most of it to "Bo Pelini drama"

Former player too. That's pretty damn telling.

The after effects of "unfounded speculation"

Or poor performance. Probably way more likely than the ad being a meany-pants and not guaranteeing Bo until the Hale-Bopp comet returns.

or the previously bolded statement...

How is it that all you smartasses around here will compare Bo to Osborne by the numbers all day long. Digging deep to find all this information, all these statistics. Going back years and years into history to find the likeness between the two.

Yet, has it ever crossed your mind that maybe you're missing a key difference between the two men? I mean, why is it Tom Osborne is such a respected MAN. Not just a COACH. A MAN. Stop f'ing comparing the two.

• Fire 3

I remember that time Wisconsin put 70 points in that defensive guru named Osborne. Or, remember that time Osborne swiped at a ref with his hat. Or the time he damn near looked like he was ready to kill Bill Snyder at midfield. Or the time he called the refs chicken sh#t. Osborne was a lunatic. That tape Osborne had, when he said " f#*k you fans, f#*k you all". I thought that was Osbornes last straw. Or the 63 points Ohio State scored on Osbornes defensive genius ass. Osborne always seemed like the kind of guy that would call a fake punt on his own 30 yard line, no matter how it hurt his team, just because he felt like his job was already gone already. That time Osborne chewed Taylor Martinez's ass on the sideline at Texas AnM, that one still gets around the web. Or when he got his team a 15 yard penalty due to his conduct on the sideline. Yep, good ole Osborne. His ass should have been gone a long time ago.

Remember the time that True2tRA trolled everyone with an uninformed comment? I do, it happened today, 09:44 PM EST.

Uninformed? All of these things happened. I just might have the guys name wrong.........dangit who was that guy.

• Fire 2

How is it that all you smartasses around here will compare Bo to Osborne by the numbers all day long. Digging deep to find all this information, all these statistics. Going back years and years into history to find the likeness between the two.

Yet, has it ever crossed your mind that maybe you're missing a key difference between the two men? I mean, why is it Tom Osborne is such a respected MAN. Not just a COACH. A MAN. Stop f'ing comparing the two.

Does it matter? Tom Osborne is no longer the coach here and will never be again. Let's support the coach we have now instead of the previous one who retired.

I don't like the guy, why the hell would I support him? I don't like his staff, I don't like the way he coaches, I don't like the way he speaks to the fan base, I don't like the way he represents this program. Now why in the hell would I support him? You seem to once again struggle with that most basic differing of opinion.

I support Nebraska. When I go to games, I watch Nebraska, not Bo. When I cheer for the Huskers I cheer for this team, not the coach. Nebraska >Bo.

• Fire 3
True is just pissed because the Broncos are losing to a sad Chargers team.

I'm pissed because of the same thing. ;)

Hahaha! Dude you are so right! Lol. I was damn near ready to admit it myself.

I've alienated myself from this board already. All because Bo doesn't give me a chubby. Well boo f'ing hoo.

But yea. Come on Broncos!

• Fire 1

Devnet- Of course my perspective is skewed. Iw ould think anyone's would be if they were old enough to really experience any of the TO years. And, for people that date back to the Devaney era, it is likely even worse.. I spent the first 35 years of my life thinking being a top ten team was a birthright. But I underatand that the CFB landscape is different now. No, it is not as easy to constantly be in the top ten. However, I can still expect my team to show up for every game prepared, with a good game plan, and with reasonable a adjustments and decisions being made during the game. Just because things are different doesn't mean we have to accept playing only half games, getting blown out by any team that can even sniff the top ten, and regularly shatting the bed against what should be lesser opponents.

This isn't about winning nine games or losing four games, it's how we play and being relegated to insignificance.. We haven't had anything to hang our hat on for about 13 years and it is wearing on a lot more fans than me. Even when people were complaining about Osborne, the fanbase still travelled to bowl games. Now back to the subject; if (and this is still a big if) our fans travel signifigantly less to this bowl game, it will have only a little bit to do with a rematch against Georgia (it is also a revenge game) and a whole lot to do with people being tired of our teams relative low level of play and being non-relevant in the CFB world.

• Fire 1

I'm a bit surprised that the Journal Star would put out this article as we know their lead sports editor (Sipple) has an agenda to support Bo. With that said, I think those that are strong Bo supporters claimed it was just a quiet few on here that were unhappy with the state of the program. But I think you saw throughout the season, and now heading into the bowl, that fans are less enthusiastic about the state of this program. Think about this...we are headed to the same bowl with the same record now that we were in Bo's first season as head coach, but in that first season we were coming off the Callahan years, and Bo helped create a new sense of hope for the Husker program. Five years later, while the record is the same, and the bowl game is the same, the hope and enthusiasm is gone.

I lived in Jacksonville several years ago for 5 months on a work assignment. I sure as hell wouldn't pay real money to go there again. Jacksonville doen't have much to offer.

Also, I'm sure Husker fans are saving up for the inevitable national championship game that a significant portion of Huskerboard members believe Pelini will soon take us to.

We need to catch a break with the schedule first. This year's was a meat-grinder!

• Fire 2

I'm a bit surprised that the Journal Star would put out this article as we know their lead sports editor (Sipple) has an agenda to support Bo. With that said, I think those that are strong Bo supporters claimed it was just a quiet few on here that were unhappy with the state of the program. But I think you saw throughout the season, and now heading into the bowl, that fans are less enthusiastic about the state of this program. Think about this...we are headed to the same bowl with the same record now that we were in Bo's first season as head coach, but in that first season we were coming off the Callahan years, and Bo helped create a new sense of hope for the Husker program. Five years later, while the record is the same, and the bowl game is the same, the hope and enthusiasm is gone.

Some facts simply refuse to be suppressed by even the most biased journalism.